The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

ive been ordering the same complete for the past year now.

besides all the skateshops around here are owned by a bunch of douchebags.

except for the board shop at southside..i got muhc love for The Source

my friend runs southside so yeah give that some support hahaha. i dunno buying shit from the mall is kinda wack cause you really could support skateboarding alot more by going to a skateshop instead of the mall im NOT dissin at all its just how i think about it. especialy here in dfw theres tons of politics on shit like that hahaha. i dunno id rather give my money to a skate shop then a corporate store at the mall. not to sound like all anti shit haha.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
im not tryin to be an asshole..but if your buying product off companys that only are here to profit of off skateboarding, rather than support it, is like an enviromentalist buying a hummer..

haha, yeah, cos skateboard companies sure aren't about the profit, are they?

hey, you do realise vans is corporate owned, right? you know, that shoe company everyone associates with "real" skating?

In the 1980s, Vans lost much of its core customer base when the company started producing baseball and football shoes. The corporation was forced into bankruptcy in 1984 . Four years after emerging from bankruptcy protection, investment bankers McCown DeLeeuw Company bought Vans and went public in 1991.

In 2004 the company was acquired by VF Corporation, manufacturers of Lee and Wrangler Jeans for $396 million.

yeah! keep it real dudes! :rolleyes:

people need to stop pissing and moaning about corporations, money and skateboarding being mainstream. back in the early 90's when the skateboard world consisted of world industries, airwalk and uhhh, like 15 people, people were frothing at the mouth for skateboarding to blow up and there be more money and companies involved. now everyone's calling for it to go back to how it was in 93. fuckin idiots

alot of skateboard companies are privately owned corporations. like girl distribution or deluxe. they're a group of companies owned by various individuals under one roof. just cos they're not floated on the stock exchange doesn't mean they're not corporate. and girl and deluxe are probably the most popular skateboard manufacturers on the market right now

people need to stop pissing and moaning about corporations, money and skateboarding being mainstream. back in the early 90's when the skateboard world consisted of world industries, airwalk and uhhh, like 15 people, people were frothing at the mouth for skateboarding to blow up and there be more money and companies involved. now everyone's calling for it to go back to how it was in 93. fuckin idiots

I've stuck what worked for me . Who said skateboarding didn't blow up until the 90's ? The Street skating scene sure did with great results . The 90's for me suffered from the lack of concrete . Now there's a park everywhere which I think fucking rules . No complaints from me . :cool:

I actually gained respect for the X games when they dismissed fruit booting from the line up.

nah, they didnt ditch rollerblading cause it wasnt cool, it was cause it wasnt making them any money from it not being cool.

moto-x is their biggest event. it brings the biggest crowds and the biggest douchebags,

but with the mega ramp coming in a close second for biggest wow factor.

pro skaters skate xgames cause of the money not cause they think its good for their reputation.

skateboarding, has and never will be about contests, like surfing or moto-x.

What ? How so ? I can't help it I started skating vert at a young age and stuck with it . 1976 , shit you and I are both 31 , because I was born in October of 76' . :lol: Fronting...please . Not my fault people like you got all caught up in the trappings & fads of the 90's . :lol:

BTW , Eric Dressen influenced my street skating back in the day .

Besides , I'm all about educating the newer generation of skaters , not shitting on them . The reason I hated the 90's was everything I learned and was taught in the 80's , was easily dismissed because it wasn't " popular " . That goes from dropping-in on a mini-ramp to carving a bowl or pool . ;) I realize things progress and should...but not to a point that 1 style of skating is the end all be all of skating .

So you're saying Benji Galloway , Jimmy The Greek , Brian Patch , or anyone that skated in the 2007 Van's Pro-Tech Pool Party this year was trendy ? That's gay .

You & I might've started at the same time , and it's not a pissing contest , but we're both from 2 different schools of skating . That's cool .