Being sober for the rest of your life...

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have kicked it (herbs). You lose a couple of friends, but that is inevitable. But I will still have the occassional puff for certain occassions (partys/b-days) usually when I don't have to drive very far as it tires me out.

The hardest thing to quit for me was sex. Like when you are with someone for a significant amount of time you get used to 'bacon and eggs sex' so when you were a nympho like I was it gets hard.

But the funniest thing I find when I tell people to quit ciggies and they tell me how hard it is I laugh, tell them I am a sex addict, but you don't see me going around raping chicks now do you?

Almost everyone I somehow ended up living with has serious substance abuse problems. I guarantee you should get high from licking our coffee table. Which has lead to me slipping up a few times after years of being super good. I told 12oz about my old addiction problems before....

I can't wait to get a new place in a week.

I haven't smoked the marijuana in months though..that's a step in the right direction.

Now back to drinking my 12 year old scotch..scotch, scotch, scotch..I love...

I agree... getting drunk definitely can throw alot of hard work out the window real quick....

and I can't really even be around people that I know use drugs or even think use drugs, they just annoy me and come off as being real trashy and either embracing their trashiness, or trying to hide it, either way it's unattractive.

I had a real drug problem. I am talking 2000 - 2001.

I just don't want to live with a bunch of addicts anymore...

2000-2001?

was this like a "college kid" drug problem?

just get new roomates.

if your table is gonna give you numbies from licking it, you need to find somewhere else to rest your cup.

but typing "real" in italics and then following that statement with a single year time span is pretty borderline ridiculous.

i have had a pretty bad off and on drinking problm since i was 16 years old. after i noticed it was really fucking with my head and causing me to go fuckin nuts(hearing shit that wasnt there, thinking people were after me) i decided it was time to drop the booze, became a huge pot head and moved to the middle of bumfuck. that shit just fucked me up even more, i really couldnt live without getting fucked up somehow. after years of heavy smoking and drinking i noticed how fucking stupid i was getting, and how hard it became to speak to people because i was so burnt and isolated. i moved to the city things seemed better, but after so long it all started again, waking up everyday regreting shit i said the night before, thinkin people were always talking shit behind my back, waking up with cuts and bruses that i didnt remmbr getting,all kinds of wack shit. so i pretty much started painting to help give me shit to do, started drawing as many outlines as i could, made stickers, went out bombing,learning my citys gaff history,lookin for new spots,benching, rackin,paintin...it all helped me get a grasp on myself. the only thing i can say is...get yourself obsessed with something you really enjoy doing, devote as much time to it as you can. just find something worth your time. when you think of the days and night youve pissed away getting fucked up in the same room over and over with the same fucking people, it helps you figure out how fucking stupid it is, fucking yourself up for no good reason, that shit just makes life worse....and life sucks enough sober. all i can say is become a fucking graff addict.

Addiction is a serious thing to overcome, sometimes it's easier to find a healthier crutch. The good thing is that you are at a point of knowing what your unhealthy addictions are so it's easier to fall into a better place. Fill something to fill the void like biking, cooking, painting, maybe continue education, etc.

I drink A LOT and I know Im an alcoholic, but Im an overall happy person. Is this just me lying to myself?? Ive gone through some seriously hard times and know what its like to be utterly depressed and deflated, but I function fairly well. Im doing better at school now than I ever have my whole life (Im 24), granted my job is sitting at home waiting for people and that can make me pretty lethargic, but Im a very active person. So my question is, how come I can drink beer and booze by the gallon every night and still function, but for everyone else its a total tragedy?? It does make me wonder how much more productive I'd be if I cut out drink and drugs.

I drink A LOT and I know Im an alcoholic, but Im an overall happy person. Is this just me lying to myself?? Ive gone through some seriously hard times and know what its like to be utterly depressed and deflated, but I function fairly well. Im doing better at school now than I ever have my whole life (Im 24), granted my job is sitting at home waiting for people and that can make me pretty lethargic, but Im a very active person. So my question is, how come I can drink beer and booze by the gallon every night and still function, but for everyone else its a total tragedy?? It does make me wonder how much more productive I'd be if I cut out drink and drugs.

this will not last.