Don't Call it Frisco

RevoL

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
This country consists of stolen land from first nation's people, and it is still happening. Colonization by the colonizers is not a past tense history, which you seem to speak of it as. It's still very much happening. It's a strategy of imperialism that colonization now be looked/discussed about in the past. You're led to believe that indigenous peoples or communities of minorities have been studied to the full extent and there for we should just move on and continue colonizing.

On turtle island we're all victims of colonization which is an instrument of imperialism. It's important that people decolonize their mind and realize that colonization is not over and a part of the past. It's still going on. Minorities are continuing to be subjugated, wealthy few are continuing to colonize minority resources, and as a imperial/political strategy it gets reported about as positive growth with many forms of realization.

bosshog has a point which unfortunately I think would go over your average sf writer's head. SF graffiti culture has indeed suffered from outsiders/art fags who don't have an appreciation for the existing culture/communities of writers who grew up in the heart of SF. Everybody wants to live/paint in SF for themselves but very few come to this city and learn the history/styles and lessons from these locals.

my 2cents

alright...dope...now let me ask you both this...have you ever lived in another city or country...

if you have...then we wouldn't be having this conversation cus you would see that this land doesn't belong to one sole class of people or race.....

i feel what boss hog is trying to say as a native of this city...

my point is that, are you gonna feel this way everytime someone moves to sf..are you gonna feel this everytime someone moves to the city to do whatever it is they want......

the people you speak of are upper class aristocrats who don't care about the middle class and poor...on that note i feel y'all....but to sit here and knock every fuckin writer and person from another area that comes from another city is retarded and a waste of energy.....theres always gonna be toys wherever you go..stuck up fuck heads and assholes.....

and this perception that SF is the only place where niggas wanna live and paint is narrow minded..yeah...sf graff scene is tight cus you can go fuck shit up all day everyday and this city has a lot to offer and see..more than most cities.....but that doesn't make this city thee absolute fuckin only spot on the planet where fresh shit happens and only spot where dope writers are born...thee amount of niggas that are not from here that have destroyed this city is a beyond words.. ....

with that said fuck all the trivial shit and just paint....do you...live in your own world and be king of your own world.....

the funny thing is that if you go to NYC native New Yorkers are saying the same shit about SF transplants and vice versa...

alright...dope...now let me ask you both this...have you ever lived in another city or country...

Traveled to multiple cities, states & countries. Lived considerable years of my life in 2 countries other than the US, & lived in multiple cities & states in both of these other countries. Lived in the urban, & even rural (farmlands) of both these foreign countries.

----“if you have...then we wouldn't be having this conversation cus you would see that this land doesn't belong to one sole class of people or race..…”

I will stand by every last thing I just said. You're right no one land belongs to anyone, but you're missing my very simple point: that it DOES matter if that change of demographics is happening in a FUCKED UP WAY. I don't understand how you can't distinguish this. You move out of your home, that’s cool; someone tells you to move out at gunpoint, it’s not cool.

----“i feel what boss hog is trying to say as a native of this city…”

I’m not saying this because just because I’m a native; people having their land STOLEN from them ANYWHERE in the world, is something that, as a decent person, I’m against.

----“my point is that, are you gonna feel this way everytime someone moves to sf...…”

No. My city is one of the DOPEST in the world, hands down; people will always want to explore it. SF has always been about diversity, we welcome everyone. Unless you’re a millionaire real estate company working with the mayor & the SFPD to take this shit over, & wipe out the REAL diversity we already have. Just show respect.

----“but to sit here and knock every fuckin writer and person from another area that comes from another city is retarded and a waste of energy..."

I don’t think you’re talking about me here, you might be mad about other locals. I’ve never knocked any writers JUST because of where they’re from. Most of my haters are locals (irony).

----“but that doesn't make this city thee absolute fuckin only spot on the planet where fresh shit happens and only spot where dope writers are born...thee amount of niggas that are not from here that have destroyed this city is a beyond words.. .…”

That’s true. But none of these outtatowners that crushed shit tried to buy all the real estate, raise their prices, & evict everyone out. I don’t see what this has to do with anything.

----“the funny thing is that if you go to NYC native New Yorkers are saying the same shit about SF transplants”

If you go to NY, you see one of the worst examples of gentrification in the world, & there’s hella New Yorkers who realize they have a similar struggle to us SF Natives. Niggas is just trynna Keep Hoods Yours, you feel me, we trynna Destroy Gentrified Turf.

im also amazed that you people in SF manage to live in one of the best cities in the world yet devote all your time to beef and fighting eachother instead of organizing on some shit. compared to other spots SF is real easy to fight the system and cause havok.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

i can't go back and edit my post wtf?

You only get a certain amount of time to edit your posts on 12oz... it's like 30-60 minutes, I think.

While on the subject, I've always thought of doing "Free _____" graff as not such a good idea unless the person has already been sentenced and is currently serving time (even then it's dumb.... it's not like a CO is going to see it on the way to work and think to themself "Hey, they're right. I'm gonna set them free." And I'm pretty sure a judge is not going to see it and say "Let's overturn that guilty verdict.") It's a nice sentiment, but it almost seems like writers who do that are trying to advertise that they've got a homie in jail. Like, they're trying to earn street cred or something by telling the world that their boy is locked up.

I'm not knocking people for doing this, and I myself have done it many times.

I'll make a hypothetical situation here... say you write ThisGoesToTheBitchesThatsHanginFromMyDingDong1, and the graff task is looking for you because you've been getting up a lot lately. Then, one night you're apprehended and kept in jail because you had some warrants or some shit, but the police didn't actually see you doing anything. Then, your boys go out and hit up "Free ThisGoesToTheBitchesThatsHanginFromMyDingDong1" everywhere, meanwhile you are sticking to your story that they've got the wrong person. If the graff task force see's the "Free ThisGoesToTheBitchesThatsHanginFromMyDingDong1" tags running, and know that you're behind bars as a suspect in the case.... well, you get it (I hope.) It makes it pretty obvious to law enforcement that they've arrested the right person, for those of you who are slow/illiterate.

It's just better to not mention anything about people who are currently being charged with a crime.

I'll hit up a "free ....." but it's cuz I feel bad my homies in jail, gettin him ups, and I can't get charged with it.

Besides nobody likes my homies anyways so why would I admit I know them hahaha.

Not replying to anybody just faded responding to the subject.

above that's exactly what i was thinking.the boys would read the walls and see that they got a writer in custody and they'd possibly figure out who.

who's a snitch obnoxious?

ITS all good homie...you didn't snitch...

cats just trying to start arguments....just ignore it.