Don't Call it Frisco

RevoL

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Things change. The Mission was an Irish community before the influx of people from Central America and Mexico. And that was as late as the early 80s My mom used to push me in the stroller when the Fruitvale was a black neighborhood and they still called it E One Four... Don't over-simplify a complex issue.

At one point, the Mission was primarily Irish and other european immigrant groups. The difference in WHY and HOW the Irish/Immigrant european populations (including Italian, etc.), and the latino populations of today, left, IS what counts here. At one point in the US, the Irish WERE considered a minority group, and treated like such, and were in the same boats as blacks, etc. Alot of european groups that immigrated here that werent british, were at one point looked at as unwanted minority types. What happened was, the Irish, learned how the racial-economic system worked in America, and how SKIN color strongly influenced access to wealth and resources. So as soon as given the opportunity, the Irish BLENDED in to this new American system, played the white card, and over time were able to use their white priviledge (hence, why the Irish are considered white today, and not looked down upon like blacks and latinos). Once their access to wealth and resources increased, they no longer HAD to live in the mission, and for the most part, WILLINGLY got up, left and moved to other parts. THEY LEFT WILLINGLY, BECAUSE THEY CAME UP. And for those Irish that were here "until the early 80's", they left on their own choice, do you really think impoverished civil-war refugees had the funds to economically push them out? No, they started moving into that area due to its low prices, and they didn't feel that, and left.

The Latinos of the Mission today (and no ones claiming the Mission was ever 100% latino, although majority), on the other hand, never were accepted into the racial system as to no longer be looked at as minorities. The latinos in the Mission DIDN'T LEAVE WILLINGLY, they left because of a CONCERTED ECONOMIC ATTACK. As the economy has been shifting from being less industry-based, to being more service-based, the focus has shifted to CITIES and urban areas where everything is close and easily accesible, as the new economic centers. Also, during world war 2, WHITE PEOPLE WILLINGLY GOT UP AND LEFT URBAN CITIES in a process called WHITE FLIGHT, because back then what was valued was the peace and quiet of the suburbs. Also, there was a lot of black populations moving up to the urban areas because of all the factory jobs for producing everything that was needed for world war 2, and especially with the worser racism of those times, this made middle class white UNCOMFORTABLE. So now, there is something that can be almost called REVERSE-WHITE FLIGHT, the process of this new generation of middle-and-upper-middle class young proffessionals moving to the urban cities, because these are the places were the economic centers are being relocated at (hence all the different company headquarters in the city).

Gentrification is an economic, thought out process, that TARGETS areas by "developing" them to increase their value, allowing them to raise the cost of living, kicking families THE FUCK OUT without any care in the world. This process is applied by politicians, real estate companies, and the local police TOGETHER. That's also why, when gentrification starts, the police INCREASE HARRASSMENT of minorities, because they're trying to get them the fuck out of there.

Main point for whoever doesn't want to read all that "nerdy, boring, long ass shit": The Irish left WILLINGLY, because they had the funds to (like the rest of middle class americans leaving urban cities for the suburbs during world war 2), while the latinos were TARGETED and FORCEFULLY PUSHED OUT THROUGH THOUGHT-OUT ECONOMIC POLICIES.

**And let me add that I aint got anything against white people, these are just FACTS. The struggle is not about race, its about CLASS, RICH VS. POOR. I'd rather fuck with a poor white dude than a upper-class minority ANY DAY. If you struggle, you're in the struggle.

• Like 1

im also amazed that you people in SF manage to live in one of the best cities in the world yet devote all your time to beef and fighting eachother instead of organizing on some shit. compared to other spots SF is real easy to fight the system and cause havok.

agree with you 100%. FUCK RACE. if your poor, fight back.and you're right about the sf refugees thing, all the locals and natives are having to move out to cities like stockton, pittsburg, etc. because we got ran the fuck out by yuppies.

I actually don't devote my time to beef, I'm always talking about how we should really all click up & beef with THE REAL ENEMY & all that. Out of every beef I've ever had, I've never started ONE. But if someone starts shit with me, I won't ever fucking back down. But I'm grown & mature, I'd much rather be organizing to wreck this fucking city & bring the system hell.