Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?7dc6d7e0bb.jpg

Long story short, I know i suck. thats obviously why i am posting in the "toys post here" thread.

I am not looking for reasons why i suck. I am looking for ways to get better. I have heard the best way to start is to keep it simple. well i tried that. Please give helpful feedback. Thank you.

btw- the name Dorse means absolutely nothing, i just liked the letters and thought i would put them together.

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?7dc6d7e0bb.jpg[/url]

Long story short, I know i suck. thats obviously why i am posting in the "toys post here" thread.

I am not looking for reasons why i suck. I am looking for ways to get better. I have heard the best way to start is to keep it simple. well i tried that. Please give helpful feedback. Thank you.

btw- the name Dorse means absolutely nothing, i just liked the letters and thought i would put them together.

Definately go simple. Your lines are straight, that's kind of your problem. Like, the D is flaaaaaaaat as hell, then you have a curved R and a fairly curved S, that doesn't flow. Put a bubble letter and a block letter together and it will look like ass. Same goes with your graff. If you put a spiked letter, or a straight letter against a bubble letter or a rounded letter, it's going to look extremely fucked. Look at the lettering in a book. Basic text in block form. Do that till as EBA said "You can do it with your eyes closed" then start adding extensions, and so on. Trust me man, listen to those peeps that say go for simples. I didn't listen to them, and now I'm thrashed, and lost. I took too many complexities and I got lost in a swarm of toy wannabe good sketches, and now I see all my simples, and want to throw my book through the wall, but I know I'm progressing, so just practice practice practice your simples, cause if you don't, you'll regret it, I promise you.

Definately go simple. Your lines are straight, that's kind of your problem. Like, the D is flaaaaaaaat as hell, then you have a curved R and a fairly curved S, that doesn't flow. Put a bubble letter and a block letter together and it will look like ass. Same goes with your graff. If you put a spiked letter, or a straight letter against a bubble letter or a rounded letter, it's going to look extremely fucked. Look at the lettering in a book. Basic text in block form. Do that till as EBA said "You can do it with your eyes closed" then start adding extensions, and so on. Trust me man, listen to those peeps that say go for simples. I didn't listen to them, and now I'm thrashed, and lost. I took too many complexities and I got lost in a swarm of toy wannabe good sketches, and now I see all my simples, and want to throw my book through the wall, but I know I'm progressing, so just practice practice practice your simples, cause if you don't, you'll regret it, I promise you.

Thanks, so let me get this straight. Do the basic lettering. like keyboard letters and such? Then practice them.

How do i know when to move forward? Do i add anything such as overlaps or just stick to writing them? Once again thank you, it would be much help to answer those questions also.

Thanks, so let me get this straight. Do the basic lettering. like keyboard letters and such? Then practice them.

How do i know when to move forward? Do i add anything such as overlaps or just stick to writing them? Once again thank you, it would be much help to answer those questions also.

just stay simple and do alot of sketches...

youll know when its time to move on

Yeah man, you got it. Keyboard letters. Use those for awhile, start to curve them, and slant them after awhile, just to play around with. Then try some over laps and extensions. Make SURE that you've MASTERED the simples first, then move on to other stuff. Same idea for hands and tags man. Write a word down in BASIC letters. Then add extensions, dots, curves, lines, connections. Letters look simple, but they're very complex. I've learned this over the passed little while, wise words from wise men and women.

havent contributed in a while so came down to me college library and scanned a few freestyles.....im sick of my standard freestyle..so i was tryin to OD a lil.trying to up it..i realize tat my time here at 12 oz instilled this readablility in my works that i dislike..

sketch3ts2.pngthis is just my standard oblongated

sketch2gm1.pngfreak backwards simple.

sketch1gs4.pngstandard with more arrows and extensions.

yup thats pretty bad... make all the letters the same size. ^^

i love how authority just posts the names of his work and then the drawings. no matter how bad people say he is he doesnt say anything at all. fuckin kooky. and where does he come up with those words... yumblei??? hilarity

yup thats pretty bad... make all the letters the same size. ^^

i love how authority just posts the names of his work and then the drawings. no matter how bad people say he is he doesnt say anything at all. fuckin kooky. and where does he come up with those words... yumblei??? hilarity

Ya have to wonder if he's maybe some King, just tryin' to fuck with everyone.:lol:

Alright, if that's what you think, then you're just as big of a moron as you make yourself out to be. Talking about walking around looking for graff, what if you don't live in a big hotbed? I'm at the point now where on a global scale, all my shit is whacked out toy, but here, I'm moderately good. So, what then tough guy? Have you ever tried out someone's style with your word? Have you ever done that JUST to see what it would look like, then close the book on it? Did you ever want to look at flicks of other people's shit to get you in the mindset? The internet is making it easier to do that too, so before you accuse toys of being full on biters, look in the mirror, or you're gunna get vamped by a "Toy" in your local town that you're thrashing. Think before you speak son. For such a wisehead, you should know this shit by now, right?

The Internet is ruining graffiti its making it too easy you stupid toy ya not making any effort too look for shit or buying magazines ya just come on the internet and bang there it is.

the place i come from wasnt brooklyn or anything like that so stop complainin that ya city is full of toys. your calling me a biter hahaha just shut ya mouth on this one toy iv already told ya enough said so leave it as that stop tryin too agrue with the truth because ya no its hard too accept it.