STRAIGHT LETTERS

visualorgasm

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by kamer@Oct 27 2004, 09:52 PM

IN MY OPINION

straight letters show a writers skill more than a 500 can production

beacuse thats just what they are straight letters... theres no bullshit all over the place taking away from the actual letter structure.

i'd rather see a 2 colour straight by grey, amaze, castro (van city)

rime, setup, hot head, or countless others before a fucking piece these days...

fuck i hate new pieces.......

P.S opinions are like assholes.......

so your favourite writer would actually be what....a signwriter...??!!

straight letter pieces these days have become an excuse instead of a style...kids that can't wildstyle or just generally have no talent will argue till they're blue in the face that straights are the only real graff...when in fact straights were secondary to your main stlye and only done now and then...same argument goes for dudes that just tag and winge about full color burners.....weak and boring.

in saying that of course i love a good straight as much as anyone....but if thats all i could do i'd be a whiny bitch as well.

Originally posted by Crookedline+Oct 28 2004, 01:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Crookedline - Oct 28 2004, 01:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-kamer@Oct 27 2004, 09:52 PM

IN MY OPINION

beacuse thats just what they are straight letters... theres no bullshit all over the place taking away from the actual letter structure.

straight letter pieces these days have become an excuse instead of a style...kids that can't wildstyle or just generally have no talent will argue till they're blue in the face that straights are the only real graff...when in fact straights were secondary to your main stlye and only done now and then...same argument goes for dudes that just tag and winge about full color burners.....weak and boring.

in saying that of course i love a good straight as much as anyone....but if thats all i could do i'd be a whiny bitch as well.

[/b]

haha 2 true homie..prefer all round writers...who can bust what ever they want when they want at the time..

all still graffitti...opinions jus get in the way..

hahah yea ild bitch 2 if i could only do straights...different steez opens different doors and thats how you learn..

Originally posted by Crookedline+Oct 28 2004, 01:25 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Crookedline - Oct 28 2004, 01:25 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-kamer@Oct 27 2004, 09:52 PM

IN MY OPINION

[/b]

(I HAVE A BAD FEALING YOU AND I ARE GONNA BE ARGUING OFTEN :haha: )

TOO ME---> IT'S OBVIOUS THAT YOU NEITHER COME FROM ONE OF THE MAJOR CITIES WHERE GRAFF BEGAN NOR HAVE THE FAINTEST CLUE WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

I'M GUESSING YOU LIVE IN BUMBLEFUCK USA??? :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Originally posted by SF1+Oct 28 2004, 04:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SF1 - Oct 28 2004, 04:51 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Crookedline@Oct 28 2004, 01:25 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-kamer@Oct 27 2004, 09:52 PM

IN MY OPINION

(I HAVE A BAD FEALING YOU AND I ARE GONNA BE ARGUING OFTEN :haha: )

TOO ME---> IT'S OBVIOUS THAT YOU NEITHER COME FROM ONE OF THE MAJOR CITIES WHERE GRAFF BEGAN NOR HAVE THE FAINTEST CLUE WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

I'M GUESSING YOU LIVE IN BUMBLEFUCK USA??? :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

[/b]

nono..we won't be arguing much at all my man....you don't encite me enough to warrant my energy....

and you came to the OBVIOUS conclusion i don't know what i'm talking about, how exactly!?...because you are wrong and can't see it?!...

take it as gospel princess...i am, and always will be better than you...run along.

please stop trying to classify graf as "real" graf...it's annoying..

in graf history you've always had people into all sorts of different things...some heads rock straight letters, some heads rock wildstyles, some heads rock nothin but tags...it's all real graf...

i think the key to being a good writer is variety...but it's all depending on what you're in it for...some people like the artistic aspect of it...some people like the destructive aspect of it...

straight letters are a fundamental for every well rounded writer...most heads who learned right didn't start off by jumping into wildstyles, and most of the ones who did are the ones you people call biters..haha...everything's equally as important though..handstyles are key..straight letters are key..and being able to flex it is key...

and while those joints above are very dope, the aves, vault and esteme aren't straight letters..they're simples...straight letters don't have extensions :)

6iaz_mber.jpg

H8D7_jorone.jpg

pU28_oils.jpg

4N8T_oze.jpg

7t4c_chisme.jpg

8E2R1_rath_simple.jpg

Archived