STRAIGHT LETTERS

visualorgasm

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Crookedline+Oct 27 2004, 03:03 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Crookedline - Oct 27 2004, 03:03 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SF1@Oct 26 2004, 11:10 PM

STRAIGHT LETTERS ARE DOPE. IT MAKES MORE SENCE TO DO SHIT PEOPLE CAN READ.

HA..yeah cos graff is such a thinking mans sport to start with...and you spelt SENSE wrong genius.

[/b]

REAL GRAFF IS A "REP" SPORT. THE POINT BEING TO PUT YOUR NAME IN PEOPLES MOUTHS. ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND ALWAYS WILL BE. GOT THAT DUMMY???

Originally posted by nozaki+Oct 27 2004, 01:52 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nozaki - Oct 27 2004, 01:52 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-insane30@Oct 26 2004, 11:20 PM

^^^^i agree with him....why not make somehting everybody can see and read off the highway rather then a bunch of confusing lines. 

because some of us paint for ourselves

[/b]

WHY WOULD YOU RISK YOUR ASS TO PAINT SOME BULLSHIT ON THE SIDE OF A HIGHWAY (WERE EVERYONE IS GONNA SEE IT AND POSIBLY SEE YOU DOING IT) IF NOBODY IS GOING TO BE ABLE TO READ IT (THUS YOU GET NO REP FOR DOING IT)????

IF YOUR ONLY PAINTING FOR YOURSELF THEN WOULDNT YOU DO IT WERE NOBODY WOULD SEE IT? THUS ELIMINATING THE LEAGAL RISKS??? :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by SF1+Oct 27 2004, 03:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SF1 - Oct 27 2004, 03:42 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Crookedline@Oct 27 2004, 03:03 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-SF1@Oct 26 2004, 11:10 PM

STRAIGHT LETTERS ARE DOPE. IT MAKES MORE SENCE TO DO SHIT PEOPLE CAN READ.

HA..yeah cos graff is such a thinking mans sport to start with...and you spelt SENSE wrong genius.

GOT THAT DUMMY???

[/b]

Got that dummy??....what are you, Curly from the 3 stooges!??...woop woop woop...

your arguments are always weak and senSeless so i'm just going to laugh at you...haha...and move on.

ahh.."real graf" is what it is, depending on where you're at..

philly has a different mentality than the rest of the world...

some writers try to develop their style...so even if you can't read the shit..you know who it is...but straight letters are fundamental to any writer who is halfway decent...

i don't even know what you're arguing about...but it seems stupid..haha

Originally posted by SF1+Oct 27 2004, 03:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SF1 - Oct 27 2004, 03:49 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by nozaki@Oct 27 2004, 01:52 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-insane30@Oct 26 2004, 11:20 PM

^^^^i agree with him....why not make somehting everybody can see and read off the highway rather then a bunch of confusing lines. 

because some of us paint for ourselves

WHY WOULD YOU RISK YOUR ASS TO PAINT SOME BULLSHIT ON THE SIDE OF A HIGHWAY (WERE EVERYONE IS GONNA SEE IT AND POSIBLY SEE YOU DOING IT) IF NOBODY IS GOING TO BE ABLE TO READ IT (THUS YOU GET NO REP FOR DOING IT)????

IF YOUR ONLY PAINTING FOR YOURSELF THEN WOULDNT YOU DO IT WERE NOBODY WOULD SEE IT? THUS ELIMINATING THE LEAGAL RISKS??? :confused: :confused:

[/b]

1.) you can be recognized by your style (if u have one)

2.) most writers can read most graffiti...fuck the public..half the time i dont even want faggets to be able to read it.

APPLES AND ORENGES. EVERYBODY GOT THEIR PREFERENCES. I WAS JUST TRYING TO SAY THAT I LIKE LEDGIBLE GRAFF BETTER. TO ME IT MAKES MORE SENSE. LIKE THE ONLY NAMES FROM MY CITY THAT I REMEMBER SEEING UP AS A KID WERE THE ONES YOU COULD READ AND THOSE WERE THE HEADS THAT I WANTED TO MEET WHEN I ACTUALLY GOT INTO THIS SHIT. ALL THE OTHER SHIT WAS JUST LIKE "WOW THATS COOL" BUT I HAD NO IDEA WHO IT WAS SO THEY NEVER REALLY STOOD OUT TO ME.

I WASN'T REALLY TRYING TO DISS HEADS THAT ROCK WILDSTYLES OR NOTHING. DON'T GET IT TWISTED.

IN MY OPINION

straight letters show a writers skill more than a 500 can production

beacuse thats just what they are straight letters... theres no bullshit all over the place taking away from the actual letter structure.

i'd rather see a 2 colour straight by grey, amaze, castro (van city)

rime, setup, hot head, or countless others before a fucking piece these days...

fuck i hate new pieces.......

P.S opinions are like assholes.......

Is it just me or are some of the pictures posted not straight letters? It's all good though...

standardvault.jpg

*stolen from Target(?)

Aves-clear.jpg

avesbrownie.gif

esteme.jpg

*might as well throw this in...

CONNECTER2.jpg

*stolen from Rath.

Some of y'all might've seen these a couple of times already. I don't have a computer anymore so this is all I can get off my photobucket host. Yadda Blahba Blah. More later...