bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Thats that tioga spyder saddle. Looks like a spider web, rides like my bmx saddle from the 90s, cost you 90 bills for the pleasure. FSA has quality control issues with that crank of theirs too. Its anyones guess how stiff yours will be. At the moment price seems ok for what hes offering, just who knows what the geometry is since 53.5 isnt a real size, and shipping is retardedly unclear.

what would you guys recommend,

my girl rode from london to nepal a couple years ago and was intending to come all the way back to australia but the x was too much anyway..

we are going to go and tour asia for a few months, i'm thinking like maybe a mongoose with strong forks paniers etc..

iron or aluminium? looking to spend around 1000-1500 $AU...

what would you guys recommend,

iron or aluminium?

I'm going to assume that you're in Australia so what we get over here is going to be slightly different from what you get down there. Each region gets different stuff... I don't know why, but most manufacturers ship out according to destination. That said I would go with Aluminum and if possible a a very comfy seat. That's really my only suggestion. Shocks up front on long rides could do the upper body well so definitely look into that as well.

Soup... if I win the auction the seat will be the firs thing to toss. I'm not a fan of that seat, my ass is way too wide. FSA cranks are certainly not my favorite but will do until I can afford what I want... maybe I'll have to rethink Hesh's offer if it still stands. There's definitely some upgrades in the future if I get the bike but it's a good start and I won't feel like I just walked out of the showroom with it.

Haven't ridden for a few days due to excessive heat. I'm about to head out now for a few hours... could be interesting after the race I had on Tuesday. Ugh...

I'm going to assume that you're in Australia so what we get over here is going to be slightly different from what you get down there. Each region gets different stuff... I don't know why, but most manufacturers ship out according to destination. That said I would go with Aluminum and if possible a a very comfy seat. That's really my only suggestion. Shocks up front on long rides could do the upper body well so definitely look into that as well.

yes correct australia, i'm leaning to aluminium (aloominum for you guys..) as well but the problem is that if there's any breakages in a 3rd world country it's hard to find aluminium welders but easy to fix iron.. not sure if this is really important or not..

thanks for the reply thats pretty much all i was thinking too just wondering if there are any serious dirty cycle tourers out there that had any specific tips..

I cant be fucked uploading pictures, i ride an 06 norco manik, with drop-off triples, sun single tracks, Hayes 9 8" brakes, e-thirteen bashy, shimano componentry (i think i have a few xtr parts on the drivetrain), truvativ hussefelt/howitzer bars, cranks, stem. It's decent entry level long travel ht, the geometry is suited for freeriding but it stands up to downhill like a boss. I'll have pics soonerish.

Saturday was the 50 mile nut buster. It really wasn't that bad. at about mile 27 a group of 7 got a way. I missed it, so i was stuck chasing, as always. I managed to muster up some help by screaming at people, and we caught 4 of the guys in front. We sprinted for 4th, and i got 5th.

BUT WAIT, the plot thickens!

I go to get my money, and i'm amazed to see my name isn't on there. I look at the bottom of the results sheet, and i was disqualified for foul language!!!!!!

FUCK YEAH!

Today same sort of deal...2 guys took a flyer with 3 to go, we finished 5 seconds behind. Got boxed in but i still took second in the sprint and got 4th place. 2 Points away from my cat2 upgrade.

That disqualified for foul language shit is shit. I hate that. Everyone in the race is in agro-mode and to have to be on your best behavior at the same time seems a bit much to ask. Unless you're yelling at bystanders then it shouldn't be an issue. My two cents. Congrats on both great finishes!! Looks like the cat2 upgrade is in reach before the end of the year. Yeah, have fun with that.

Fist666... for $500, that is a pretty nice ride. Don't sleep.

I nixed the auction on the Bareknuckle and now have my eye on this Pista Concept but the pictures the guy sent me are really small. Trying to get some better photos before I bid or make him an offer. It's a black one... the kind I've been looking for, for way too long.

Back home after three weeks of little to no real bike use. I love Europe and bicycles. Someday Im getting the fuck outta the states for good. My french and italian needs some work first.

Dont ask me about Mash. I know nothing of a dvd release. From what I saw at the premier, Dos apparently knows everyone Im close with in SF so if anyone can talk about it thas him.

the only people in sf that i acually know in a real world sense is dirt

Joker, you and your aluminum.. haha.

I was considering a Pista Concept but I just don't like aluminum as much as steel I've found. There's the people that will say it doesn't matter what material you ride, and I'm sure they're right when you put enough money down on a frame, but from what I've rode, steel feels best to me.

I'm in the market for another frame... something to hold on to for life this time I think. What's worth doing is worth doing right.

Anyone run Velocity Aerohead rims? I think I'm about to build up a set of those for a lightweight wheelset.

Rubbish... it's not that I dislike steel it's more that I - we - live in a wet climate so steel doesn't seem all that smart of an investment. However... if Sasha White handed me a Vanilla I would ride it till my dying days.

Rubbish... it's not that I dislike steel it's more that I - we - live in a wet climate so steel doesn't seem all that smart of an investment. However... if Sasha White handed me a Vanilla I would ride it till my dying days.

This is true that Portland is a rainy city, but there is things like FrameSaver and owning a winter/rain beater that can ease the situation.

I do envy the people with sun year round though, so much less maintenance.

ooooooooh. my bike is still available. i might be able to check it on tuesday. this is nice. nice. i've also been researching forks. its been a while since i followed the mtb part scene. (pretty much since my bikes got stolen). fun times. fox makes some sexy ones. i've had a couple marzocchis in the past, seems like they're not such hot shit now. but i'm still aroused...

i've got a 2001 marz z1 x-fly in storage that needs some lovin'. that could save me some money i suppose. thinking aloud for y'all FTL...