bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

That’s good enough for me, Seeking. You’ve got my vote to be a stonecutter. It’s funny that there is a whole separate thread on the stonecutters. Hesh, I’ve been in your shoes. There’s nothing else in the world that can make you crazier than doubt (especially self-doubt). Keep your head up. So what city do we all want to ride in (for the group ride)? You guys are more than welcome to come to Austin (if you want) and stay with me. I’ve got plenty of room for everyone, and I live real close to downtown Austin. When are we gonna do this.

------------------

Al

Stonecutters #1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

seeking,because i know how tall you are,and being about the same height and all that id say get a 21"mountain bike.that will do you well.an 18"purple girls bike? that must have been quite a site,perfect at home.hesh,i meant to say earlier that im feelin ya on the mr tuffy's,i use em and swear by em!a stone cutters ride should happen,but we need to plan different ride events,a trail ride,a long distance road ride,a bmx/trials ride and a fixie ride.as difficult as this may be to do, we gotta represent the 4 elements of the stonecutters.oh, thats uh,thats hip hop,um.hmmm.well we should do the stonecutters ride regardless.i vote for a left coast city.

STONECUTTERS#1

keep it rubber side down!

Originally posted by HESHIANDET:

seeking, if you rode bikes you'd be a "stonecutter". but i like you as a "stone thorower". even thoug your more of a "stone harsh dose of truth".

thats a good quote.but as long as you ride a purple 18" girls bike and like it,your a stonecutter in my book seeking.

left coast is a no no for me. i lack the loochie for sure.

i love this thread. it is precious to me. most days it is the only reason i even peep this bitch.

joker or whoever, can somebody give me the science on the categories 4/5 all that stuff. i know a little but not what it really means in practice and all that.

------------------

stonecutters #1

yo the reason i vote for the S.F. region is because....we got marin,camping and beuatiful ridding galore,rode and mountain,we also got napa/sonoma,wine tasting tours on bikes,need i say the wine is FREE.who could argue with that.plus i got a dope train spot.and...we got an ocean.or hears an idea,we can all pick a centralized city/state like say somewhere in colorado,and we will all ride our bikes there to meet.whos down?im ready,stonecutter tour 2001!

I have 5 bikes in my apartment right now....

Haro backtrail with pegs

Dyno VFR

Specialized Hardrock 21 speed

Specialized Rockhopper 21 speed

Parkpre mountain bike(its in the pawn shop right now)

I still dont know shit about bikes, Im gonna dump the specialized bikes soon...

Guest HESHIANDET

i was thinking about that wine country area dibs. strong possibility there.

why would you sell hem specilized jawns?

------------------

stonecutters#1

Guest HESHIANDET

oh i see how it is. all the poor courriers on the east coast have to drop the cash, ok players...ok........ http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//biggrin.gif'>

hey devilush, did you get those flics? sorry they sucked. hopefully i'll have better ones for ya next time.

------------------

stonecutters#1

[This message has been edited by HESHIANDET (edited 09-09-2001).]

Guest Remy Martin

so i got over my luke sidewalker phase and went out riding on the streets.

i swear i live in the land of impatient cell phone speeders...fools cruising past me at 35 in a 25 zone missing me by a foot...damn i got bike rage. so i just got rugged and made my own street law..i need to get a ulock to lay out the justice.

sf is a nice place. i look forward to making it back out there.

yo, and that reminds me, i ride more bikes than i remember. last year i totally fucking rode a bike all through wine country. shit was fresh. i got free wine, got to go down in the wine cellars of places an shit. it was bad ass. and besides the shit you can get for free, you can get really good deals on wine as well. we were gettign like 30-40% off. wine is the hot shit.

dibs, i need a good shop out here that has used shit. any ideas?

Originally posted by Joker:

I'm still learning how to use it properly, but the few times I've used it, right that is, it was really beneficial. I was curious about things like the loss of breath aftergetting over a big hill and not while going up it. About calories burned. How often I was above my maximum heart rate. I was really suprised with the results. Those first few rides changed the next few for sure. I concentrated on breathing to keep my HR steady and lower as I climbed hills. Which left me with more energy to keep up the pace over the hill. And as for calories... WHEW!!! If you're trying to lose a few pounds and are curious about what you're burning compared to what you're taking in... that'll really suprise you. On a slow paced hour long ride I burned over 600 calories. Not bad considering I had two big ass cookies that day.

I think they're pretty beneficial to training. I hope to have mine dialed in by mid-fall so I use it on every ride. I need to be a stronger rider come next spring if I plan to ride the Tour of Willamette. I heard even the 4/5's race is brutal in that one.

My race yesterday went pretty good. I finished the race in 5th and 5th in points. Out of 16 guys. Not too bad but I could have done better if I didn't pull for the first two laps. I would've had more energy for the points laps. 6 laps= 19 miles. What sucks is I go on vacation tomorrow till Monday and I have another race on Tuesday. Almost a whole week of no riding and then I have to race... I'll be eating dirt at the back of the pack.

very imperssive i didn't know you that into riding. yeah the whole heart thing is confusing as hell but i pretty much got it down. And i can't believe your still racing in road races and on tuesday's. the season is just about over in virginia the state time trail is usually the last race around. but im getting into cyclocross training now. I thought you broke your collorbone, but i guess that was a while ago. take it easy keep on riding. if you ever come to va let me know i know all the roads around here

seeking,i dont know of any good used bike shops in the mitten.im not sure one exists to be honest,its not cali ya know,if your interested in buying a used bike and dont mind paying a lil for shipping,check out http://www.mtbreview.com go to the daily market.

so today was the SF grand prix.300,000 bike nerds out in the city to watch a brutal road race.it was very impressive,quite a spectacle.i hope they do it again next year.i had never been to a road race before,people definitly get into it,some get crazey.devilush,did you get out there and sneek a peek?

sf sf sf sf wine sf sf sf sf sf free wine

dibs, as a matter of fact we did get to go! our friend lives like a block away so he saved a bunch of rooms for the messengers and their girls. we were actually at fillmore and broadway. that steep hill. anyways, it was cool. i really enjoyed it, considering that we were drunk by 10 in the morning. but i think that some of the messengers are going to train for next year and have their team race. i especially liked the end when that postal service guy (#2) came out of no where and started sprinting up that tall hill, surpassing the saturn guys. pretty hardcore. what did you think?

sf sf sf sf sf sf sf sf sf sf

we can do it soon. it's doesnt snow here.

------------------

Stonecutters #1

Guest HESHIANDET

devilush tricked me.i didn't meanto say yes to s.f. its not fair!! she used breakfast treat like bacon against me...grrrrrrrrr

------------------

stonecutters#1