bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Good flicks

Cristof, is there a scene in China?

Well if you call hundreds of millions of people riding bikes every day, then yes, the biggest scene in the world.

If you call riding bikes for anything other than transport, no, virtually nothing. It's truly unbelievable, I get a little air over a bit of a rise in the ground and people look at me like I have just cured cancer or something. The lack of initiative (in fucking anything) in this country is amazing. I ride with my hands off the bars and dudes are seriously walking into poles.

there was a DH race here last year and they had 17 entrants. In Aust. we usually get at least 200 for local races and past 400 for state rounds. That's DH. For the XC enduro races, we're talking sold out months in advance with some enduros in the thousands of entrants.

Most road bikes still have kick stands on them, they still use down tube gear shifters and I don't think anyone has ever oiled a fucking chain in their life.

Give me a minute and I'll post up some interesting bike pics from around here.

Hahahaha I've got that GT in my garage. Not mine but a loaner.

Christo dude it's not a fucking secret China never has nor ever will give a shit about cycling. Even if you've got photos of Trek's hopeless marketing scheme to develop cycling within China's growing economy, it's still boring. Boring as hell. And annoying since your photos of are blowing up my screen. And upsetting because I had this mental image of Australians all being as cool at this guy and you fucking ruined it.

519209462_dbd3723400.jpg

Argyle.

Hahahaha I've got that GT in my garage. Not mine but a loaner.

Christo dude it's not a fucking secret China never has nor ever will give a shit about cycling. Even if you've got photos of Trek's hopeless marketing scheme to develop cycling within China's growing economy, it's still boring. Boring as hell. And annoying since your photos of are blowing up my screen. And upsetting because I had this mental image of Australians all being as cool at this guy and you fucking ruined it.

519209462_dbd3723400.jpg

Argyle.

Oh FFS dude. Did you notice how some one asked me a question about the scene here in China? I swear you really need to see a doctor about all that sand in your vagina. Seriously dude, you complain more than a woman on her rag. Get over it and just get on with being a dickhead, it's the best thing for all of us.

No I did notice some random person asked you that ridiculous question and you obliged, kind of like how I noticed you felt it was necessary to quote the comment right above yours.

But go you man. Lets see more of those shinguards.

Maybe also you should consider that my family's Chinese before you start talking shit about the entire country just because everyone stares at you like you're a fucking alien.

Rubbish, Whoiseuth, fuck your free tires. I'm getting some free Enduro ceramic bearings for the front hub. I dunno if that's gonna do anything but hey they're worth $100.

Anyone know anyone with tubeless road tires? What do you guys think would be the best tires for carving it up downhill?

And apparently Cipolini's finally demanding to jump the Rock Racing ship so he can go compete in La Classicissima. I just hope if Mario gets out of his contract Ball to wakes the fuck up.

how are you guys getting free shit?

fuck all those tires though, daily whip, specialized armadillos - best street tire ever! gucci whip, michilian pros - flats all the time, haha.

cippo is out of his contract, he wants to be part of a team where he can become a director. he even said he would live to start a dream team. haha, thered be more dope than a bogota alley, i love it.

also, on the subject of china, GE is sponsoring that crap chinese team and they are at least racing the tour de georgia if not the other big usa races. ugh ugh ugh. we get it trek/GE, you make everything there and its worth it to be cool. i hope everyone boycots the olympics. china is fucked and needs to get its shit together.

you guys really need the velo news RSS feed:

No more Rock, no more rolling for Cipollini

Mario Cipollini’s relationship with the American team Rock Racing has ended, and the Italian is quashing rumors that he might jump into this weekend’s Milan-San Remo for a different team.

“Unfortunately I've had to end my relationship with the American Rock Racing team that started a few months ago,” the former world champion said Tuesday.

European papers had speculated that Cipollini would join the Tinkoff Credit Systems team for Milan-San Remo, but he said he was only interested in joining a team if he could be involved with its management and development.

“The idea of riding Milan-San Remo made sense if it was linked to a wider project of building and managing a new team and my return to racing was part of the project to create a dream team. Despite a contract, this hasn't happened for reasons out of my control."

Rock Racing team owner Michael Ball said the relationship did not work out for either side.

“From a business perspective and from an overall team standpoint, the relationship between Mario Cipollini and Rock Racing was not advantageous, and would not work long-term. We have terminated his contract and wish him luck in future endeavours," Ball said.

-Agence France Presse contributed to this report-

GE sponsors Chinese team for Tour de Georgia

GE Energy is sponsoring one of 15 international teams—the GE Marco Polo Cycling Team presented by Trek—scheduled to compete in the sixth annual Tour de Georgia presented by AT&T, a 600-mile, seven-day cycling race across the state April 21-27.

This is the sixth year that Atlanta-based GE Energy is supporting the Tour de Georgia, one of North America’s premier professional bicycle races. GE Energy is a founding sponsor of the event, which will showcase some of the cycling world’s elite competitors.

Founded in 2005, Marco Polo Cycling is China’s first professional cycling team. Its participation in the Tour de Georgia marks the first time a China-based cycling team has ever raced on American soil, further enhancing the event’s international profile. Wisconsin-based Trek Bicycle Corporation, one of the world’s leaders in bicycle design and manufacturing, is also a team sponsor.

“We are very proud that world-class athletes from five countries will represent the GE Marco Polo Cycling Team presented by Trek in this prestigious event,” said John Krenicki, president and CEO of GE Energy. “As a global business, GE recognizes the importance of bringing people and nations together. Sports and other cultural events can play a major role in making this happen.”

Last year’s Tour de Georgia event generated a direct economic impact of $27 million,

underscoring the important role that corporations like GE, AT&T, Trek and others can have in supporting economic growth in their local communities, Krenicki noted.

The GE Marco Polo Cycling Team presented by Trek features Fuyu Li, who previously rode for the Discovery Channel team in 2007 and is now on the short list of cyclists hoping to be selected as China's sole competitor in road cycling at the 2008 Beijing Olympics this August.

In addition, the China-based GE Marco Polo squad has an impressive international roster that features world-class Dutch cyclist Leon van Bon, a former Olympic, World and road racing medalist.

“Our goal is to help Chinese cycling gain additional professional experience and exposure at the international level, develop new cycling heroes like Fuyu Li, and cultivate closer ties with other countries, a mission that can begin this spring in Georgia,” said Gudo Kramer, Director of the GE Marco Polo Professional Cycling Team presented by Trek.

Also competing for the GE Marco Polo team presented by Trek are Russian sprinter Sergey Kudentsov, currently ranked fifth on the UCI Asia Tour; Jai Crawford of Australia, winner of the Tour of Siam in Thailand; and Australian Rhys Pollock, who raced for the DFL-Cycling News squad last year, participating in many of Europe’s top races.

Xing Yan Dong and Liu Yilin round out the list of Chinese riders who will race in Georgia.

“Xing YanDong and Liu Yilin are two of China’s most promising young riders. Although new to the international professional racing scene, we can expect to see great things from them in the future,” Kramer said.

Completing the roster for the GE Marco Polo Cycling Team presented by Trek is Loh Keong, another young hopeful from Malaysia.

The seven-stage Tour de Georgia presented by AT&T will begin April 21 on Tybee Island along the coast and will end with a new circuit course in downtown Atlanta on April 27. Record crowds are expected to attend the event, which has established itself on the international racing calendar as one of the premier tune-up stage races for the Grand Tours of Europe, including the Tour de France.

Seven-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong won the 2004 Tour de Georgia for the U.S. Postal squad, reflecting the international prominence of the event.

“Since the inception of the Tour de Georgia, we have been grateful for GE’s steadfast support, helping the event become not only a world-class cycling race but also a tourism-related, local economic development engine throughout the state of Georgia,” said Chris Aronhalt, managing partner for Medalist Sports, which manages the race on behalf of the Tour de Georgia Foundation. “We look forward to working with GE to help make the 2008 Tour de Georgia presented by AT&T our most successful international contest ever.”

No I did notice some random person asked you that ridiculous question and you obliged, kind of like how I noticed you felt it was necessary to quote the comment right above yours.

But go you man. Lets see more of those shinguards.

Maybe also you should consider that my family's Chinese before you start talking shit about the entire country just because everyone stares at you like you're a fucking alien.

I should give a shit about you and your family why?

And while we're at it, why does China have one of the oldest civilizations, oldest, systems of government and the largest populations in the world yet still isn't a regional power let alone global power? I don't think you need me to go into details to illustrate the problems China and its people have. If you really are Chinese stock, your attitude paints a much more thorough picture than I ever could.

Anyway...., I have come across some roadies whilst I've been riding and the blokes that are serious seem to go alright. They've got pretty good kit and quads to match. I remember seeing some footage of the Hainan tour (if that's what it's called) and there was a pretty good sized pack down there. So I can only assume that there is a dedicated roady seen here somewhere. I obviously prefer MTB so I don't really know too much about it.

I think one of the issues may be that a large amount of quality bike products are made in Taiwan and the issues they have with the mainland may stop the transfer. Really don't know. I get a bit lost to understand why cycling doesn't have much of a following as a sport here. Not sure if there is much track racing either, could be.

Either way, good luck tot he GE team and for my sake I hope that they are successful and the sport begins to take off here!

Now Soup, how about we both just drop the childish squabbling bullshit?

on getting free stuff, i work at a shop.

the (ex) manager would throw old stock my way on the low.

otherwise johnny deep pockets comes in and throws six grand at an s-works,

just has to have matching tires and cant be bothered to take the factory ones home.

so they go home with me.

free tibet btw!

how are you guys getting free shit?

fuck all those tires though, daily whip, specialized armadillos - best street tire ever! gucci whip, michilian pros - flats all the time, haha.

i got a habit of making friends with people in retail :D

and yeah, along the lines of whoiseuth, they're tires that richer cyclists decided they couldn't be bothered taking home so i reap the benefits instead.

armadillos are bombproof but man, the road feel just doesn't do it for me. slick and STIFF.

dude fuck dead lifts! my back hurts! improper technique FTL! sticking with squats, 1 and 2 footed leg presses and track running workouts (disregard 7-9) in the gym for the legs from now on.

Hahaha Christo-f you need to go put your shinguards on and just shut the fuck up because, racist comments aside, your insight into china's culture and economy is as useful as... oh wait.. a white Australian's who's bumming around china drawing conclusions from the random fucking people he spots! Not to mention you're posting in a bike thread which puts you on par with Zoolander when it comes to 'the issues.'

How bout you come to America and ponder what's wrong with us because cricket, rugby, or soccer never caught on as much as in Europe? And how bout you pick up any newspaper ever printed and find out why china's economy sucks instead of guessing? Every fucking day it's 'radioactive rivers,' 'droughts,' 'giant factory recalls,' 'mine collapses,' 'ceos jumping out of windows,' 'murder squads,' 'corrupt government officials blah blah blah.' This is simple shit dude. You think you're so much more in touch with the area just because you're there, riding a mountain bike, thinking something's wrong with them because they're not like you? Are you 15 years old?

And I just don't want to talk about this shit, partly because it's a conversation with you, and partly because this is a bike thread you fucking retard—and that has nothing to do with the fact that i'm Chinese, nor is it of use as an indicator of anything related to Chinese people's attitudes as a whole.

As for the Chinese Trek team in Td'G I hope they do well because the podium doesn't give a shit where they come from.