bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Garden...

The Felt F75 is a great deal for the money. You get an aluminum frame with carbon fork and carbon seat post and you get Shimano 105/Ultegra mix all for $1400

trisports_1987_68598118

The Scott Speedster S20 is also a great deal with aluminum frame, carbon fork and carbon seat post and Shimano 105 components for $1400

460-Speedster-20-hig-res.jpg

Bianchi makes the Via Nirone and looks like it's a pretty good bike for $1500. The best thing about this bike compared to the others I mentioned is that it has carbon seat stays along with the carbon fork, seat post and 105 gruppo. On top of that, it's Italian.

09a88edecf.jpg

Hope that helps.

And that Brokeland booth... packed with "cool guys" who had no time to talk to you even if you were a buyer looking for info on their product. The epitome of what I dislike about the fixed gear community.

Seriously, even there body positions were "im laid back, cool, dont fuck with me". Right when I saw their corner I thought they were all models posing in an installation or something.

Lance unenthusiastically signing a kids autograph:

photo-3.jpg

Is it possible to fix this for a decent price?

2259315497_3690b9d995.jpg?v=0

Head on crash eh? Is there also a ripple in the top tube? Is the fork bent at all?

First determine if it's safe to ride anymore; ask a framebuilder or trusted mechanic.

You'll probably want to start saving up for a new frame. It'll likely cost just as much to repair that as it will to get another frame. Steel can be repaired, it'll just cost you waiting time, a sandblast and a new paint job on top of replacing tubes, so it's hard to justify if it's not a prized frame.

HERE IS MY thoughts on the show: Building bike frames is the new glass blowing...

Only instead of white hippies... it is white people with varying degrees of weirdness other than and sometimes hippiness.

No to be honest, there was some cool stuff, and some lame stuff. One thing that is always apparent at these shows... Just cause you can build a beautiful bike doesn't mean you can: design a logo, come up with a good name, or have any sort of eye design/branding/etc... Nothing worse than a beautiful bike with a shit logo/font on the downtube. On a lighter note, DeSalvo does have a script alternative to the worst font ever chosen.

We can welcome Rapha to pdx... Head dude from Nike Cycling quit to take over Rapha north america and is setting up shop here... As soon as the dollar makes its triumphant return we can all look forward to being kitted in sensible looking cycling gear...

Roller races were cool, needs to be a monthly bar event....

Yeah, Don Walker builds a pretty decent lugged frame, but he has like a standard Arial font logo, can't wrap bar tape to save his life, doesn't know how to install double straps into pedals, makes a gamble on outsourcing the paint and gets his shit subpar some of the time... list goes on.

I heard Chaz won the race/tied with some other guy. Dudes way fast. More roller races is definitely a good thing.

Haha my friend made that shitty don walker logo. Just so you know Don didn't pay for it and my friend didn't ask for money. I like it when he uses the photo of himself with the thumbs up like steevo in a kilt. Shit cracks me up. You should see some of the work the guys around here have of his. Curvy everything, pearlescent powder coat, real track bikes but really pretty stuff.

And the Broakland fools come out to the sunday club runs every now and then. They're actually really humble and generous guys... but they'll front... primarily for marketing reasons.

Oh and that ripple's fine. Just keep a close eye on it and make sure it doesnt go anywhere.

whoa! guys, guys, a girl wandered into the bike thread!!!! guys, loooooooooook!

AND SHE WANTS A FUCKNG ROAD BIKE!!! wooooaaahhhhhhh....

I've never known a girl who bought a "woman's geometry" road bike, but maybe it's somethin to look into? I dunno.

$700 can getcha a Trek 1.2, which is just a renamed and repainted Trek 1000SL; my old bike that lasted me about 7,000 miles before the calipers crapped out and warped. I could've just bought new calipers but after 7,000 miles you want a whole new setup just because you can. If you're just looking for an exercise bike that's all you'll ever want/need. Everything higher in price is for bike geeks. ;)

IMG_3360.jpg

Bikes like this are not ment to be ridin on the street. it may not be a trcik bike but a true track bike is not meant for the street. Drop bars are romantic and simple impracticel when set up with track grips. Idk maybe its wack to ride with risers and a 650c up front but i also think it is wack to ride a true track bike like this with out tubulars and on the velodrome. this is a buity but not meant for the street. so ALL YOU TRACK SNOBS SHOULD stick to the velodrome if you want to bitch about fixed gears.

http://velospace.org/node/7098

I ride this on the street in Portland when it's nice out. It's a pleasure to ride. Track drops aren't the most practical but if you like to sprint and go fast then they work pretty well. I actually use the drops as well as that area where the bar tape ends, and the tops near the stem. I switch my hand position around a lot actually. Accelerating from a standstill in drops is fun. Obviously not going to take this on a long road ride. It also feels almost "too light" compared to my other bike, and not quite as stable when bombing a hill, but fuck it. I love it. Definitely not a daily rider, but with every bearing feeling like butter and the bike itself being pretty light (~17lb I think?) it's a treat once in awhile. Great on the velodrome too. If I don't sell the frame for a Pista Concept I'll race this setup in the summer.

I recently read in the Portland Monthly magazine that if you order a Vanilla the wait is currently standing at 5 years out. And because of that they are not taking any new orders.

That's some crazy shit right there.

I've been telling myself for the last couple of years that when I quit this bike racing crap I'm going to sell all my bikes and get a custom Vanilla for getting around and the occasional road ride. Looks like I'll be racing for a long time I guess.

1978... I stopped at the Rapha booth and looked through all their gear. I've only seen a few pieces in person, including this bad ass rain jacket ;) they make, so I was geeked to see the full line. The attention to the product is so incredible that I can't believe it's not more popular. Or maybe it is but the price is what scares folks away. I'm glad they have Portland roots now. I can only hope that they'll have some sort of "We're cleaning out our warehouse to make room for next year!" sale at least once a year. Probably not... but a white guy can hope, can't he?

NIKE AF1 SILVER SERVICE FIXIE

As part of the AF1 Silver Service installation at Dover Street Market, the Wilson Brothers (Ben and Oscar) have created a traditionally lugged, steel–framed fixed wheel bicycle. This bespoke, hand-crafted piece draws inspiration from the track and captures the essence of what’s happening on the streets today. The bicycle has been added to the curation at Dover Street Market which celebrates 25 years of the iconic Air Force 1.

Nike-Af1-Silver-Service-Fixie-1.jpg

Nike-Af1-Silver-Service-Fixie-3.jpg