bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Just got my new Frogg Togg suit and I'm pretty stoked. The jacket is the shiznis, it feels as warm and windproof as most heavy winter coats. The pants, however, are beyond Hammer-status. I ordered a medium, fearing the small would be too small. I have to roll the waistband to grandma status to not look like a moon scientist. But otherwise, very satisfied with the $42 spent. I am actually looking forward to the cold and wetness, just so I can rock the Hammer suit and be dry.

1896513238_6d38709068.jpg?v=1194400229

HAMMER TIME!

:lol: :lol:

This is funny. It makes the Obey shit look like super doo doo. Or don't don't.

At least these guys have some heavy Graff and bike history, enough to go and

get Ernesto Colnago interested. These will be collectible, really collectible like I

won't loose my value when the street colors peel off. Way cooler than the

stupid art board over in the Skateboard thread.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ADAM-NEATE-ORIGI...QQcmdZViewItem

HESHIANDET: I feel you man. I see the kidz(25 & under) doing all kinds

of dumb shit I shake my head at. But they are kidz doing what 20 year

olds do. I did all kinds of silly shit in my 20's too so I let it slide. But the

30 year old dudes paying crazy money for limited run fancy Dunks and

designer T-shirts and all this sophisticated street culture image type

shit is kind of rediculous. "But they ONLY made 25 of them!"

I don't know I'm Mr. Frugal Downeast for life guy, so now that the 20's

are gone for me fashion is a concept that does not compute.

Especially when you mix it with the most practical machine in the world.

To wrap a bicycle in the excess of fashion is a uniquely dissapointing

acheivement. If you look at a real life working courier they will be

dressed for practical and utilitarian reasons. Makes sense.

Riding places is smart and practical. So I can see being somewhat

dressed up and riding across town to the party. Good job. Getting

you're outfit on to ride about town like a color coordinated doofus.

Me no get. But the bike has never been an accessory for me.

Ending rant now.

Time to go skateboard for lunches!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The only way this shit makes sense is that colnago's no longer selling steel frames, and is relying on retro ironic american hipsters to keep the only thing "Italian" about Colnago alive.

I cant wait to buy a frame made at the core of italian cycling elitism and build it up with nothing but american and japanese crap: pink deep V's, cane creek head set, phil hubs, nitto bullhorns and soma cranks and ride with my matching polkadot teeshirt! I wonder if I can drill the blade fork for a brake!

creating consumers, not customers.

just read that somewhere, i forget where.

otherwise, i just wish bianchi would get

the second run of 07/08 concepts to their dealers.

fuckers.

ps - colnago was reportedly including their steel pista in the 2008 line

regardless of collabo's with super hip gotta have 'em street artists.

creating consumers, not customers.

just read that somewhere, i forget where.

otherwise, i just wish bianchi would get

the second run of 07/08 concepts to their dealers.

fuckers.

Fuckers is correct.

So the 4 years I spent working for a shop that had a Bianchi

account (and a very good one that was long standing and good volume)

always had supply problems. Not enough bikes, sending them one at a time

you never knew what was showing up when no matter when you placed the order

and most of it was paid for already. The only shit that would show up just when they

said it would was all the buy in crap you need to fill out your season order. Like team

jerseys, hats, socks and a lot of crap that is useless without sexy looking Celeste

racing bicycles to sell to the guy who just plunked $3500.

So after much BS the account was dropped. At the same time I moved to another

shop and they picked up the account. Nothing but damaged bikes were rolling into

the shop. Same deal.

So much potential in that brand as well. That is the first Italian bicycle that comes to

mind for the average joe. Seriously there was one in the window and once a day

someone would come in and ask the price and all that.

What a shame.

Hope your bike comes through soon whoiseuth.

So I was hoping i could get some advice from all you bike junkies. I've built up a fixed gear all ready but im looking to make a track bike. Theres a difference. My current frame i bought for 5$ its an old schwinn. Im looking for a track frame in the 500 $ or less range. Some possibilites include: Pista Concept, bareknuckle or brassknuckle, and actually thats all i can thnk about for now. But this would be mainly for street use, and flat distance rides as I have never ridden at the local velodrome and I would feel like a fool if I went because I've never been and I'd probably get laughed at seeing as though im not very up on my bike speak and what not. I guess you could say im novice?...YADADADA?

:lol: I was being sarcastic about the build to illustrate the future of Colnago. Japanese parts on an Italian frame is blasphemy but I garentee you that's how people are going to build up these things. As for myself I wouldnt even buy the non-hipster-painted master pistas. $1600 for a lugged steel frame, is retarded. Steel bikes have have effectively been made the same way and from the same shit for a hundred years. My dude welds custom frames together for $700. I love colnagos but it's hard to justify buying one after that.

1544835576_3ac97870db.jpg

In the collegiate cycling world, Davis (Aggies) are dead. It's a familiar tale of cycling team gets to be good, ranks #1 in collegiate nationals, and then all the tallent finds better private teams that can afford to offer more to their cyclists. Almost every pro and Cat 1 racer is gone. No more national championship victories. Sucks for Davis.

I dont know if I posted this yet but i sold my concept for the same ammount that I paid for it a year ago. Trek 1000 sold for $400. All that's going to a motorcycle to get me out to new hills. Right now I'm borrowing a friend's Santa Cruz roadster for my roadie/track bike. Dude put it together from shit he had piled in his garage. Ultegra group. Ksyrium wheels. Weighs in under 17 pounds. Interchangable droupout.

lugged steel is a nice ride and its cool if you own a period correct whip in your stable and you put it down on that shit. BUT its retarded to thumb your nose at technology for no other reason than 'keeping it real'. you want a steel road bike, cop that bianchi w/ the carbon ass end. way light, stiff where it needs to be, and none of that saggy shit you get w/ traditional steel bikes. whatever.