bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

I havent gotten to ride in over 2 weeks now, closer to 3 probably. School is done in 2 weeks though, and I have a week of vacation right then also, paid vacation so it'll be like getting paid to ride.

Last I rode, I went to this skatepark in the middle of nowhere, like basically all surrounded by fields..it was a lot of fun..had a bbq, smoked blunts, drank beers and rode all day there.

resta the bike heads..where you at?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Damn I've never seen this thread before. I just picked this puppy up.

hardrock.jpeg

Basically I told the freakishly tall bike sales man I'm looking for something that I can constantly beat the fuck out of and have it still be relyable.

He said "your looking for a timex, ha ha ha.... you know the watch... Takes a lickin' an..."

I intrupt "yeah got it. While durablity is important, so the price. I need it to be cheap

enough that if I must ditch it I won't be too upset."

Him "uh..." one eye brow up the other down, "yeah, there this one its it only comes in pimp ride blue."

me "that works, I'm stripping the letters and color anyways so I won't get clubbed"

i just painted my DK Fury a nice traffic cone orange with black parts. im thinkin about going back to running 4pegs instead of the 2 i have now because i rarely go out and do any tricks anymore after i snapped my thumb in half twice, just little icepicks on whatever little subs or banks i come across. i found these little blacklight nipple cap lights so the orange kinda glows when i ride at nite which looks tight. i'l post a pic later.

Originally posted by 48:16@Apr 8 2005, 11:45 AM

seized seat post over here....again...i don't know why i haven't learned this lesson yet.

i'm on the back up ride till i can get it sorted out. been soaking for the last week.

seized posts are a bummer. try this, i know you have soaked it, use triflow if you have it. get a hair dryer, set it at high and blow dry the seat tube, heat expands metal, try to keep the actual seat post cool, ie:wrap it in a cold damp cloth. when the seat tube is warm try to twist the seat post, repeat till it gives. also, remove your bottom bracket, and drip try flow into the seat tube and set bike upside down. flood the seat tube if you can, just let it soak over night. the hair dryer works pretty well if your patient. good luck

I am selling my BMX bike, it's pretty dang nice, the kind that if you bought it you wouldn't have to get another one for as long as you live. Of course, some people can really beat the shit out of their bikes, but this one can hold up to alot.

It's a 21" Standard TRLS250, if you're interested or know someone that is, PM Dirty_habiT. It's going on ebay soon so I just wanted to maybe give you all a chance to get it first.

Originally posted by SteveAustin@May 20 2005, 08:44 AM

how are you liking your IRO estrogen? one of my boys just won one.

those bikes are kinda popping off right now. a lot of kids in the work place ride them and last time i was in nyc that was the majority of what i saw among certain circles. they are good and strudy bikes and with minor detailing on parts and what not, you can have a really good fixed gear bike for a very reasonable amont of money.

i wish they came in different colors. they look so monotous, the white letters on back. some of their signature models come in colors, but for that basic mark v frame it only comes in black. ive called around wondering about powdercoating, i've gotten around a 50-60 dollar estimate and thats with using the paint that they had been using that day for other jobs, so color selection is very very limited.

iros are good thick bikes.

Originally posted by Albino Rhino+May 20 2005, 03:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Albino Rhino - May 20 2005, 03:37 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SteveAustin@May 20 2005, 08:44 AM

how are you liking your IRO estrogen? one of my boys just won one.

ive called around wondering about powdercoating, i've gotten around a 50-60 dollar estimate and thats with using the paint that they had been using that day for other jobs, so color selection is very very limited.

iros are good thick bikes.

[/b]

That isn't bad at all for powdercoating, that is actually a good deal. You can find a few places that will powdercoat your frame and fork for as low as $30, I just would be skeptical whether they do a very good job. I also know you have to pay more, probably double or a little less, for sandblasting.