My New Pitbull who is a FREAK. [Long Post]

DEE38

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by DEE38

High Priest, I AGREE!

It's just not our time to have a puppy... i was just being selfish wanting a cute lil puppy, forgetting how hard it is to mantain one. it's like having ANOTHER hyper orion, who doesnt wear a diaper, and with a six sense smell for gross things! We definately are not going to replace him-- if i had it my way, i'd still keep him and take time to train him right, but unfortunately we don't have time for that, so, im sure there will be a nice family out there who will want to adopt him :)

and steve, i felt bad too that Love doesnt have a backyard or something!

Get rid of that fucking dog right now before it becomes untrainable. I'd also suggest you rename it to something other than love. Dogs don't have the same hearing you do and have lots of trouble responding to their names unless they contain hard consonants.

Originally posted by slave_one

awww, samson rocks!

this is true.

back in the period of my life i refer to as the "days of paranoia", we trained him to check the front and back doors, look out the window, then make a sweep of the whole main floor. if he could see anyone, he'd start going off. So awesome.

Now he's all lazy and chill.

Dee, I think if you don't have the time to properly train your dog to obey the bacic commands, you should get rid of it. BUT if you can get the basics down (sit, stay, come, etc.) you'll be so glad that you kept Love.

You have to be dilligent about training your dog, and aware that all interaction with it is reinforcing some sort of behavior. For example, if your boyfriend gives him shit for digging in the garbage, and then you call Love over and cuddle with him, you're telling Love that if he digs in the garbage he'll get cuddled.

I'm sure you already know this but I thought it would be good to put out there.

Oh, only use the dogs name when it does something positve. You don't want him to associate its name with something bad happening to him.

[end random information session.]

Originally posted by Devilush

now those are good dogs. we were thinking about that too.

dogs and even cats dont respond easily to words that have only one syllable. they respond more to two.

One time I met this guy that had a former police german shepherd, that was from germany. That thing was fucking insane.

But it could understand command in 4 different languages.

Cherokee, German, english and spanish.

I also think Aussie shepherds are cool, but you have to have a really big backyard because they are hyper like shit.

Originally posted by ClueTwo

Go for a Boxer if you decide to exchange pets..It's one of the best dogs in that whole schlew of a breed..That is if you decide to get rid of the blood lover and get a new pup..

Best of Luck to ya....

i couldn't agree more. don't get me wrong, i love pits, but boxers are my favorite. for a family with young children a boxer is perfect. if you're interested there are a ton of sites that can give you the more specific info.

i think the fact that you taped a puppies mouth shut for half and hour is really fucked up... but i guess that says more about you then it does the dog....

and its easy to say a pitbull is "blood thirsty" just because its a pitbull... but if you actually look at the situation, all dogs love meat.... and with meat comes blood. Its instinct, not a ravenous lust for killing everything.

Puppies also tear shit up... im sure you took the proper precausions when you brought a newborn baby into your home. You probably "baby proofed" your house to a certain extent.... same thing should go with a puppy, or a dog in general. Not every dog is going to be the proverbial 'lassy' who saves kids from wells, and sits in the corner quietly while youre out. If YOU give them the chance to fuck up, eventually they will.

I have a pitbull, and i can honestly say he is the best pet i have ever owned. He's loyal as fuck, gentle to good people, protective, but he still manages to rip open garbage sometimes... and he also loves meat trays.

Its probably a good thing that you gave the dog up, because from the sounds of it, you should not own a puppy..

Guest sneak

ive got a cocker spaniel, and all i can say is that if you keep Love, and train him properly then youll be soooo gratefull later on in life. i love my dog, i mean hell i have full blown conversations with her in grunt form. say ill come into the room, she'll come over and grunt to me and expects grunts in return!

i love my dog, youll love yours if you look after it right.

i don't know...dogs require lotso time and patience. I always talk this and that how i want one sooooo bad but i'm nearly never home, so i know thats not responsible...

Its like you have to change your behaviour around a dog...or get them trained. My mom's basset hound is a crazy lovable cute dog, but guess what? she digs my mom's pads outta the garbage and chews them up. And leaving food on the floor? forget it! you gotta put that shit away FAST. My mom's dog will even sip on her coffee if she leaves the room. As for shitting and pissing...you gotta be around often enough to take them on good, long walks.

It also depends on what kind of dog breed you have, for they each have a certain behaviour. Some are more dominant, fiesty, bla bla.

Bottom line...dogs require lots of time. time i know alot of us out there can't supply.

LOVE looked super cute tho, DEE!!! :) aww.

BITCHASSLUT: yeah i know that was fucked up. I just plain out don't know how to train a puppy-- not saying i'd do that to my own son cuz i dont know how to "raise/train" him, but it sucks having the dog do lots and lots of bad things and i got really mad that day.

yeah we probably shoulden't even have a dog right now.. the enviornment is too small to raise a pitbull proper.. and i get sad thinking about giving him away cuz i do love that lil guy but i know another fam/owner is gunna treat him like how he should be treated.

it just better this way................... ::CRY CRY CRY::

Ok im probably gonne come off like a dickhead but i get worked up when people mistreat animals. and i am probably just repeating shit people have already said but i didnt read all of the posts.

First of all you cant punish a dog for eating meat that YOU left out where he can get at it, espically if it was there for a few hours. it shows restraint on the dogs part that he didnt immediately rip the bags apart and get at the meat. ALL DOGS LIKE MEAT its not a blood addiction.

you cant tape a dogs mouth shut all that will do is piss the dog off it wont teach him a lesson except for people are a enemy(in his point of view).

if you dont have time to housebreak a dog and leave him cooped up for long amoutns of time maybe you should consider getting a hamster.

and effyoo, your dog sounds SOOOOOOOO awsome!

and that mr. winkle dude is insane.... it looks cute, but retarted at the same time with its tongue always out..

and ASN, i know i know............ :( im a horrible pet owner!! :(

Dee38 i forgot to mail you a postcard! Email me your addie to get one!

that is if you still want it.

your dog looks friendly but also looks like it'd bite off my middle finger if it had a chance.

ONE LAST THING....You dont have to get rid of the dog if your willing to give it the time and attention it needs. If you really cant train it go enroll in some obedience classes and make sure you go with the dog so hes used to you giving commands.

so im home from school, and let love in. Greet him and play with him for a few minutes and he's happy to see me. i come in the computer room and let him relax on his own, and i heard russling of plastic bags again. i think nothing of it, then call love in 5 minutes later, and see bloody cotton on his mouth.

::shakes head::

and lens! ive been anticipating for a while!! i tried to email you but it said i cant =(( my email is iarevoiution@aol.com

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by krs702

border collies: stealthy gangsters

Aaaaaaah, so that's what they're called... I always referred to them as "frisbee dogs".

ONCE A DOG EXSPECIALLY A PITBULL TASTE BLOOD THEY LIKE IT AND WANT MORE...BUT ITS A PUPPY SO ITS JUST LEARNING...IT ALL ON HOW U RAISE IT JUST LIKE A CHILD....DONT TAPE ITS MOUTH SHUT CUZ THATS JUST FUCKED UP....U GRAB IT BY ITS NECK AND STICK ITS NOSE IN ITS SHIT OR IN THE MEAT AND SCREAM BAD BOY BAD BOY... U GOTA TRAIN IT....I WOULDNT GIVE IT AWAY...CUZ I WOULDNT GIVE AWAY MY SON IF HE STARTED SHITTIN ALL OVER THE PLACE...

Archived