ICELAND

ScreenName42

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I can't really think of much to add to this therad at the moment, but being Icelandic I feel like I have to.

Basically it's kinda cold in the winter but the summers are alright, reaching highs of maybe 30-35 C. The nightlife is amazing, although the alcohol is quite expensive, but still well worth it. On an average weekend you would start drinking at 22-23, go into town to the bars and clubs around 1-2 and drink yourself silly untill maybe 5-7am. And the midnight sun in the summer is worth a mention too. It's a strange feeling to be out knowing that it's 4am and it hasn't got dark at all. But it's great if you're painting a wall or something, bad if you're bombing.

And yes, like Europe said, the women are absolutely gorgeous!

So yeah Iceland does have more to offer than Björk.

Originally posted by TheoHuxtable

Eastern Europe? Well, recently several eastern European nations were added to NATO (many which were former Soviet Bloc nations), and that probably has something to do with it. I heard nothing about them putting US bases in east Europe, but that's just a guess.

But it seems unrealistic to have a base in Chechnya. That's technically Russia, and it's an unstable region to begin with. I read about how Russian soldiers are currently bogged down there, far worse than the US in Iraq and are losing like 40 soldiers a day.

Moving bases to eastern europe is still very much up in the air... but it seems likely. What I meant was we will probably be mixing it up with chechnyian rebels and shit....

• 3 weeks later...
iceland is supposed to be beautiful, the people seem friendly. isnt it one of the most isolated populations where genes can be traced back hundreds of years? and all genes are somehow recorded by sicentists? that and some small french colonies belonging to canada a bit further south than iceland? my grandmama is from the land of ice, ill go ask her.

Well actually, about the genes, that´s a common misunterstanding. Scientists thought we had "purer" genes but they are in fact more mixed than that of the other nordic countries like Denmark, Norway and Sweden. In the 17th. & 18th. century Iceland was an important harbour to english and french fishermen, and guess what they did!

The fucking Nazis also thought Iceland was home to a race of some ancient nordic supervikings or something, there have even been discovered nazi-documents since the 1930´s about the idea of making Iceland a part of the third reich. That would´ve been pretty messed up... But anyway Iceland is a great place to visit, just ask Sonik3000, he´ll tell ya.

About the name, it really comes from a man named Hrafna-Flóki. That dude was one of the first viking explorers that tryed to land his ship on Iceland´s shores, and he couldn't because the sea around all the natural harbours, you know the fjords and shit, was frozen. Hence the name "Iceland".

Originally posted by BESK101

About the name, it really comes from a man named Hrafna-Flóki. That dude was one of the first viking explorers that tryed to land his ship on Iceland´s shores, and he couldn't because the sea around all the natural harbours, you know the fjords and shit, was frozen. Hence the name "Iceland".

at least i had the viking part right...;)

Archived