Pictures of a scars you wish you had....

Dirty_habiT

Shameless: the whole new gig with those things is that they're mounted further away

from the exhaust header... therefore allowing the air to cool more....also you see

how hot that turbo gets, that's probably true for alot of, say, diesel truck turbo's that are

constantly wanging out at full boost... well that'll heat up your engine compartment.

Think about it, the whole idea is to have cool charge air going into the engine, and

really a turbo kinda works against itself in the aspect that it gets so hot under heavy

loads that it heats the engine compartment... and I imagine if it really got out of hand

you might be feeling some heat come through the firewall.... bleh.

Check out http://www.ststurbo.com they explain it a little better, I believe it's coined as "remote mounted" turbo.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MAD!!!

Well I soldered the capacitors on my ECM last night.... it's fucked.

That sucks so much that I need a replacement now.

I however made a little progress in some other areas, I changed

a drive axle, the alternator belt, and I used a new dipstick that I

painted white on the end as to better see the oil.

Still it's fucking wack as hell that my ecm is fried beyond (my) repair.

Some really interesting/good info about turbo here.

The history of turbocharging is almost as old as that of the internal combustion engine. As early as 1885 and 1896, Gottlieb Daimler and Rudolf Diesel investigated increasing the power output and reducing the fuel consumption of their engines by precompressing the combustion air. In 1925, the Swiss engineer Alfred Büchi was the first to be successful with exhaust gas turbocharging, and achieved a power increase of more than 40 %. This was the beginning of the gradual introduction of turbocharging into the automotive industry.

The first turbocharger applications were limited to very large engines, e.g. marine engines. In the automotive engine industry, turbocharging started with truck engines. In 1938, the first turbocharged engine for trucks was built by the "Swiss Machine Works Saurer".

I'm glad you posted that dirty. Turbos and superchargers are old technology.

Here some really old supercharged pimp shit I'd love to own:

nono2215_1084221463_type_35b.jpg

nono2215_1084221389_type_35.jpg

Of Bugatti's creations, the most famous was his Type 35, which achieved great success as a mass-production sports car. The Type 35, a masterpiece that was famous around the world, was the result of his creative effort combined with a desire to incorporate racing performance, while bringing every component into esthetic harmony. However, it was not just something to be looked at: its technological advances and improvements, such as its brake drum and aluminum wheels, which were cast into a single piece of metal, and its mobile chassis design, drew much attention. Produced from 1924 to 1930 and equipped with a supercharger, the Type 35B was the high-performance model of the 35 series.

Bugatti_T57_SC_Atlantic_1937_fl3q.jpg

Bugatti_T57_SC_Atlantic_1937_r3q.jpg

The 57SC was fitted with a 3.3 litre in-line 8 cylinder engine that featured twin overhead cams and was set to a 90 degree incline. The car sat on elegant 15" wire wheels, and was fitted with drum brakes. Although a rather simple design, the craftsmanship and quality was at the time unparalled.

First introduced in 1935, the 57S was a more sporting version of the car first released in 1934. The chassis was both shorter and more low-slung with the rear axle actually running through the frame. Changes to the engine included dry sump lubrication, slight tuning with a higher compression and a dash mounted Scintilla Vertex Magneto.

The front and rear axles also received de Ram shock absorbers instead of the Hartford Friction Dampers. A Roots type supercharger was introduced with the Type 57C. It was a relatively silent running unit that provided three to four pounds of boost pressure. This forced induction helped the engine reach 175 horsepower. Both the engine and chassis characteristics remained identical to that of the standard model.

The Type 57SC combined the elements of the 57C and 57S to produce the most exclusive Type 57. With this setup, the engine offered 200 to 220 horsepower with a rev limit of 5500 rpm. The Atalante Jean Bugatti designed a specific body for the 57SC chassis. This was the Atalante which graceful lines provided a starting point for many custom variations. Like other body styles named after peaks in the Alps, the Atalante was one of the bodies made in house at the factory, and one of the most exclusive.

Despite being made in house, Bugatti still catered the Atalantes to the specific desires of their clients. Both the body work and interiors of many Atalantes featured custom appointments. The headlight treatment varied between cars, with some being fared in, left as separate units or protruding from the fenders. Two special examples featured a roll-back roof, which could be lowered for open air driving. In total, 17 Atalantes were completed on both 57C, 57S and 57SC chassis.

Damn. This car is a work of art. Everytime I see pictures of it, it looks meaner and meaner..Esp. that engine bay.

Austin-Imagine driving/racing a type 35 :shook: . I get scared sometimes in my buddies cars..

My contribution for today...

841Hp 2 d00rs Evo

Amazing New Norris Design Demo Car

The MLR were recently invited to Norris Designs for an exclusive preview of their new demo car. There will be a full write up including an in-depth interview with Simon Norris in the next edition of Wastegate Chatter out on 1st October, but here's a brief rundown of the car and some pictures as the final build nears completion.

Exactly what the new Norris Designs demo car is has been the subject of much speculation and Simon's kept it a closely guarded secret whilst creating what is the most unique Evo ever seen.

Believing that the only way Evo performance can take a big step forward is with drastic weight loss, Norris Designs have built an Evo that should weigh in at just 1080kg. With a power to weight ratio of nearly 800bhp per ton it's almost 300bhp per ton more powerful than the old Norris Design Evo 7 demo car!!

To build an Evo this light has meant the car has undergone some major weight loss and incredible engineering, including a substantial amount of the bodyshell being removed to make the car shorter and lower. In fact it is 10inches shorter and 3inches lower than a standard Evo 9 shell. With the shell customised this much, the rear doors have been removed creating the world's first Short Wheelbase 2-Door Evo....

ND Evo 9 SWB - Basic Spec List:

Power

841Hp & 635LbFt (Klotz 118 Race Fuel)

Target weight 1080Kg (Dry)

Target top speed: 215 Mph+

Target ¼ mile: Sub 9 seconds

Engine, Gearbox, ECU & Brakes

ND 2.3 litre stoker

Garrett GT42R roller bearing turbo

ND 4” WRC style custom exhaust system with side exit

Motec M800 Pro ECU

Holinger dog engagement straight cut gearkit

Ikeya sequential shifter with digital gear indicator

Brembo 8 pot metal matrix calipers front & rear

Body

Acid dipped custom 2 door short wheelbase low roof Evolution 9 shell

Custom T45 full weld in load bearing roll cage

Custom air jack tyre changing system

Interior/Exterior

Carbon everywhere!

nd_evo1.jpg

nd_evo2.jpg

nd_evo3.jpg

nd_evo4.jpg

The color is blah...but damn it looks nice..love those volks..

Originally posted by shameless self promotion@Sep 22 2005, 09:03 AM

Austin-Imagine driving/racing a type 35 :shook:

dude...I would love to have an opportunity like that. those cars are so bad ass and ahead of their time.

I was watching speedvision a few years back and they were covering one of the vintage Porsche races. Just awesome. Probably the only time I've ever cringed when a car wrecked...instead of cheering.

Check this out:

:shook:

4 Cylinders, 2 turbos, 1 supercharger

0003.JPG

0004.JPG

0002.JPG

0005.JPG

0006.JPG

0007.JPG

[/img]0009.JPG

His goal is to make 800+ WHP. Best part is....the a/c is still in tact and the car gets driven....at 26 mpg when the supercharger is off! The STi has 2 GT30's and an AMG Supercharger.

Video:

http://pickinicholas2.tripod.com/si..._s_c_stiweb.movhttp://pickinicholas2.tripod.com/si..._s_c_stiweb.mov

SICK.

Archived