Former Terrorism Advisor (Republican) Holds U.S. Government Accountable

!@#$%

Ex-Bush Aide Calls for Testimony on Terrorism to Be Opened

By THE NEW YORK TIMES

Published: March 28, 2004

n the aftermath of his testimony before the Sept. 11 commission last week, President Bush's former counterterrorism chief said he would welcome declassification of his testimony two years ago before a joint House-Senate intelligence inquiry into the attacks on the United States.

On Friday, Republican Congressional leaders said that they would seek to declassify past Congressional testimony from Richard A. Clarke, a former National Security Council aide, in an effort to demonstrate that he had lied this week about Mr. Bush's record.

"I would welcome it being declassified, but not just a little line here or there," Mr. Clarke said on the NBC News program "Meet the Press." "Let's declassify all six hours of my testimony."

Mr. Clarke has accused the Bush administration of largely ignoring the threat of Qaeda attacks before Sept. 11. But on Friday Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist said that in 2002 Mr. Clarke was "effusive" in praising the administration's actions.

Mr. Clarke added this morning, "And I want more declassified."

Mr. Clarke said the private testimony of the president's national security adviser, Condoleezza Rice, before the commission should be declassified. He added that e-mail messages, memos and all other correspondence between Ms. Rice and Mr. Clarke should be included in that.

"The families, the victims families, have no idea what Dr. Rice has said," Mr. Clarke said. "They weren't in those closed hearings where she testified before the 9/11 Commission. They want to know. So let's take her testimony before the 9/11 Commission and make it part of the package of what gets declassified."

Speaking on the CBS News program "Face the Nation," Secretary of State Colin L. Powell said as much of the record as possible should be made public. "Now I can't speak to a specific document and say declassify it because somebody classified it," Mr. Powell said. "And I don't have that authority."

He added: "I think that we should try to put out everything that we can. I think we should work with the commission. The commission has all of these documents. And if the commission believes there's a particular need for something to be declassified, ask us to do it. I think that the whole record should be out there."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BROWNer

bump this shit

this shit is great. team bush

is throwing big sloppy punches while clarke is unfazed

and connecting with every blow.

powell's response is interesting isn't it?

maybe not.

I just wish the democratic party could run tv and print spot says something like

"here's the proof... the bush team is malicious and evil in its stupidity"

This commission is freaking me out. How could they give up such vital concessions like this. They may as well have said "Okay you've got 30 days for you and your team to come up with a story and stick by it".... what bullshit. I thought these motherfuckers would have superpowers like some black ops sam spade but they seem to be punking out.

That's pretty sorry that they are parading bodies through the streets of "foreigners". Hostilities seem to be taking on a fevered pitch and inviting more and more of the average folk. This is absofuckinglutely ridiculous.

seeks man don't be so hopeless. We can start a band of pirates... at least then we can have some say over how we die. And hopefully die with some dignity intact.

Let's hope that REASON triumphs over POWER.

This week is going to be nuts for the news.

The 9/11 testimony from Condi Rice should make for some good news, depending on the network.

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller

Correction: Homie was reading a book to children during a visitation to an elementary school.

Okay my memory is a little off. I know he took some long ass vacations and always appeared to be jerking off.

Okay yeah now I remember someone talking about this. How when someone told bush about the attacks that he didn't do anything but just kept reading until he finished the story or something creepy like that.

Originally posted by villain

...he didn't do anything but just kept reading until he finished the story or something creepy like that.

which we all know is bullshit because he cant even read!

i have a very hard time believing that randi rhodes could serve ralph nader. dude might be a little creepy and over the top, but he also knows his shit.

she probably just annoyed him into submission, that one is pretty plausible.

Originally posted by seeking

i have a very hard time believing that randi rhodes could serve ralph nader. dude might be a little creepy and over the top, but he also knows his shit.

she probably just annoyed him into submission, that one is pretty plausible.

Here's a link to the transcript. I read it. It's pretty good.

Here's a link to the audio feed. It's a little over 12 minutes long.

As rude as she is (is she from new york or what?) she has ALOT of valid points.... Why I think she just tore through about every issue there is. She even reminded me the name of that FBI agent I was looking for.

Agent Williams of Phoenix.

She's even funny too if you can get past her jaded and cynical sense of humor. Which I have too so it's not hard for me.

^^i've been diggin 'the economist' lately..

as brits, they have an interesting vantage point

the shit isn't too opinionated..

far from american [op/ed style] press

and they have presented a few viewpoints on different issues..

they were also in favor of the iraq war, though they are having problems with reconstruction and of course, the revelations that followed..

it's very information heavy and has a world view.

(not too eurocentric)

http://www.economist.com/

Is Iraq becoming a quagmire?

Apr 6th 2004

As coalition forces battle with both Sunni and Shia militants in Iraq, influential voices in Washington are asking if the country is descending into civil war—and whether America will still be able to hand over power to Iraqis on June 30th ... more

Muslims in Europe

Tracking down the terrorists, trying to get on better with the rest

Software

Sun and Microsoft kiss and make up

The American economy

Hopeful signs of a job-full recovery

The music industry

Fightback or death-rattle?

Cyprus talks

A last, best opportunity slipping away

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by !@#$%

^^i've been diggin 'the economist' lately..

as brits, they have an interesting vantage point

the shit isn't too opinionated..

Cyprus talks

A last, best opportunity slipping away

oh god.....:(

WORD UP !@#$%?

I've been reading that rag for months now.

The new issue has such a great piece on Rwanada.

I really get new useless facts from every page.

Yes the economist is information laden. They are also some of the best writers (skillwise) I have seen.

Mostly I've been reading my RSS aggregator though. It's cool. I get news from all over the world in one spot. Which is cool cause I don't have newsbooster anymore cause they busted it for deeplinking.

Check it out if you haven't already. They have a free version.

http://www.feedreader.com/

Archived