howard stern show yanked off the air by clear channel

fr8lover

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Clear Channel doesn't give a flying fuck what they put on the air, as long as they make money. Stern is getting pretty stale, and he keeps pushing the edges of the envelope, FCC-wise. Just a matter of time before the FCC slaps him and his syndicate with a big-ass fine, and Clear Channel doesn't want to get caught up in the bust.

Clear Channel would set fire to their own grandmother on the air if they could make a profit and the FCC didn't mind the smell. They are the Devil, but their credit history is sterling.

Originally posted by KaBar2

Clear Channel doesn't give a flying fuck what they put on the air, as long as they make money. Stern is getting pretty stale, and he keeps pushing the edges of the envelope, FCC-wise. Just a matter of time before the FCC slaps him and his syndicate with a big-ass fine, and Clear Channel doesn't want to get caught up in the bust.

Clear Channel would set fire to their own grandmother on the air if they could make a profit and the FCC didn't mind the smell. They are the Devil, but their credit history is sterling.

in other words,

C.R.E.A.M., nukka.

Originally posted by amish son

artie and fred do the best impression of stuttering john. john may be gone, but stern better stay on the airwaves for at least another year...

yep. i was worried enough about when his contract was up in jan05, this only gives him one more reason to jump it and say bye...

getting the button pressed about 50 times a show is ridiculous...its not fun or funny.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Catch22
Originally posted by KaBar2

I disagree. It has to do with George Bush & the religious right. Clear Channel is the company that George Bush made his first million off of. Colin Powell's son is the head of the FCC. All these people are in bed together. George Bush is on a religious crusade to change the whole country it really doesn't have to do with Stern being "Indecent". After the House of Representatives passed the "Indecency Bill" yesterday, George Bush gave a speech to a religious group saying, "You are doing God's work" he later said, "We are creating a culture for this country." Last I checked, there IS a seperation between Church & State...right?

Also, in 2003 Michael Savage was fired from MSNBC for saying that gays are sodomites that they should get aids & die. Guess who hired him....Clear Channel. How is it wrong to talk about strippers on the air but O.K. to say that a certain group "Should get AIDS & Die."

And for those of you that are NOT White, keep in mind that George W. graduated from a university that still does not allow interracial dating. Also, the Republicans & George W. are slowly pushing out districts that are represented by minorities.

What ever happened to Freedom of Speech & Seperation of Church & State!!!

DON'T VOTE FOR BUSH!!!!

Here are some other Links you might find interesting

http://www.howardstern.com/hsc.nsf/require...glinks?OpenPage

Guest Catch22

You're kinda missing the point here. It doesn't matter if you like Stern or not, he is just a small part of the big picture. This is not about Stern it is about the Gov't telling us what is OK & Not OK to listen to. I don't want some Religious Freaks telling me what I can listen to & what I can't. Keep Jesus out of my govenment!

Guest Catch22
Originally posted by CILONE/SK

I agree with you completely about it all. I think that if people don't like what they hear, they can always change the channel.

It kinda relates to your Tolerance post. I was going to reply but I will go on forever about how the Gov't won't tolerate any criticism of them or anything that they, the religious right, find indecent or different from their beliefs.

Liberate Iraq.....Fuck that! Liberate the United States!!!

Originally posted by mikro137

fuck clear channel.

they own 95% of all radiostations where i live. fuck them , fuck theor bullshit , and fuck the fcc.

Not where you live, where everyone lives.

Plus it's owned by viacom, which owns 75x more than that.

Learn to read.

Is beetlejuice dead?...if so RIP

That guy was great...

Originally posted by Catch22

You're kinda missing the point here. It doesn't matter if you like Stern or not, he is just a small part of the big picture. This is not about Stern it is about the Gov't telling us what is OK & Not OK to listen to. I don't want some Religious Freaks telling me what I can listen to & what I can't. Keep Jesus out of my govenment!

exactly, this shit is really starting to scare me, say hello to the new taliban. THANKS BUSH!

Is beetlejuice dead?...if so RIP

That guy was great...

me? Beetlejuice is alive and kickin', he weighs like 40, 250 pounds right now dude.

if you have soulseek or whatever look for some of his clips, the one with him vomiting is hilarious. and hurry before the government says you cant.

jollydwarf.com

I repeat:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUCK HOWARD STERN.

MANCOW IS THE SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this shows just how intelligent a manqueer fan is.

person: "hey your rights are being taken away by the government, etc etc...."

moron: " oh ya?, FUCK STERN, MANCOW IS THE SHIT!"

Catch:

I don't know if this was in any of your links, but one of my friends sent me this today. Found it rather interesting :: ::::

To convey a few things for some people who are interested in the direction our country is going. Here is the scenerio:

1. September 11, 2001 - World Trade Center fell.

2. Howard avid supporter of Bush since including

A. Policy towards Afghanistan

B. Policy towards Israel

C. Invasion and occupation of Iraq

3. Arnold ® campaigns is California

4. Howard supports Arnold and attempts to book him for the show (something he had done multiple times before)

5. Howard cannot "interview" Arnold because of a campaign rule that says unless a show is deemed a news program - if one candidate goes on the air, every other candidate must have equal time. Remember there were something like 125 candidates.

6. The FCC deems Stern's show a news program and Arnold goes on.

7. Arnold gets California

8. Howard continues to be a staunch supportor of Bush's foreign/domestic policies.

9. 2 weeks ago, Howard started to voice dissention when Bush voices his disdain re: activist judges and begins talk about a marriage ammendment.

10. Bush and his cabinet continue to push for a marriage ammendment and Stern begins to voice that we need to get this guy out of office.

11. Without warning - Clearchannel takes Stern off the air in 6 markets. Many think it was over something Stern voiced that was indecent. However, it has been business as usual over at Stern's show (except for his views on Bush)

A. Clear Channel, owns over 1200 radio stations, is based out of San Antonio, Texas.

B. Clear Channel executive's have close connections to the Bush's - including a guy who purchased the Texas Rangers from Bush.

12. Today, the FCC (headed by Michael Powell, Colin Powell's son) is now gearing to fine Stern - the first time in 10 years - and pull the plug on the show completely.

Even if you don't like Howard Stern or what he stands for - there are some things (once again) to examine. How much control does Bush and his cabinet have over what the country is hearing and seeing?

It's scary.

----Oh ya, I still support the 1st admendment. Stern sucks for the only reason that all he talks about is nonsense shit, fuck him.----

NONSENSE? you mean the issues that really matter? you would rather all he do is make up some phony fake ass bits like the cow?

"ya i drive a yellow 76 maverick, but i make 3 million a year"

i'm so sure. and you guys fall for it. why dont you call up mancow and ask him about all the material he steals. what a fake ass lying unfunny stern wannabe.

Guest Catch22
Originally posted by CinchedWaist

Catch:

I don't know if this was in any of your links, but one of my friends sent me this today. Found it rather interesting :: ::::

To convey a few things for some people who are interested in the direction our country is going. Here is the scenerio:

1. September 11, 2001 - World Trade Center fell.

2. Howard avid supporter of Bush since including

A. Policy towards Afghanistan

B. Policy towards Israel

C. Invasion and occupation of Iraq

3. Arnold ® campaigns is California

4. Howard supports Arnold and attempts to book him for the show (something he had done multiple times before)

5. Howard cannot "interview" Arnold because of a campaign rule that says unless a show is deemed a news program - if one candidate goes on the air, every other candidate must have equal time. Remember there were something like 125 candidates.

6. The FCC deems Stern's show a news program and Arnold goes on.

7. Arnold gets California

8. Howard continues to be a staunch supportor of Bush's foreign/domestic policies.

9. 2 weeks ago, Howard started to voice dissention when Bush voices his disdain re: activist judges and begins talk about a marriage ammendment.

10. Bush and his cabinet continue to push for a marriage ammendment and Stern begins to voice that we need to get this guy out of office.

11. Without warning - Clearchannel takes Stern off the air in 6 markets. Many think it was over something Stern voiced that was indecent. However, it has been business as usual over at Stern's show (except for his views on Bush)

A. Clear Channel, owns over 1200 radio stations, is based out of San Antonio, Texas.

B. Clear Channel executive's have close connections to the Bush's - including a guy who purchased the Texas Rangers from Bush.

12. Today, the FCC (headed by Michael Powell, Colin Powell's son) is now gearing to fine Stern - the first time in 10 years - and pull the plug on the show completely.

Even if you don't like Howard Stern or what he stands for - there are some things (once again) to examine. How much control does Bush and his cabinet have over what the country is hearing and seeing?

It's scary.

Good post. It is scary, a lot of people don't realize what is going on in this country. Bush needs to go.

Archived