near death experiences

slave_one

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

man that sucks, i hope she goes to prison or some shit

when i was 8 i was riding my bike and some 19 year old girl who was stoned off her as hit me and my bike, i had a mild concussion and dont remember most of that summer

in october i was in a train yard, and i was on the latch that connects to freights together, the train started to move, i fell off, and almost got ran over

in december i was driving my car and hit gravel, lost control, hit a tree, totalled the car

in january i was with a friend and we crashed into a snow bank, nearly flipped the car

just some stuff that shook my life, dunno if most were near-death but they were pretty close.. :D

been hit by a car twice. one bad and one not bad at all. in eighth grade i was riding my bike and got clipped by a car from behind. got thrown pretty far but luckily landed in grass. escaped with a skinned knee. the woman who hit me was amazed that i even lived.

im almost positive ive told this tale before but here goes.

towards the end of eighth grade, me&co. are bullshitting one saturday afternoon and pass by a library in the neighborhood. on the stoop of the library theyre giving away free books, magazines, and vhs tapes for free. outdated encyclopedias and the like. we think nothing of it at the time and hit up this diner nearby for food. outside of the diner theres an empty shopping cart. again i think nothing of it.

theres about nine of us as we exit the diner and we run into some acquaintances (sp?) from the next neighborhood over. theres like five of them. real fuckin trashbags....eighth grade and theyre already pushin drugs and shit. but we know theyre down for mischief so we start chillin. we pass by the library again and it hits me.

"yo lets fill that shopping cart up with books and light it on fire....then we'll push it off the train trestle."

the train trestle is where the commuter line passes over this dirty ass creek thing where all the rain runoff passes through....the actual trestle is about thirty feet off the water with tracks on top

so we go back to the library with shopping cart in tow and fill it to the goddamned brim. thing had to weigh 250 pounds. anyway as we make our way to these wooded preserves where the trestle was, our numbers keep growing. as heads see us pushing this shopping cart, they knew something was up. we get to the foot of this train trestle after dragging it for about 500 feet through mud; the whole time falling on our asses and having a general melee of pushing eachother down in this fuckin swampy muck.

the sides of the trestle consist of loose rocks and gravel so you can imagine how great it was to be in eighth grade trying to lug this massive weight up a 50 degree angle. about 5 of us were dragging it up the hill while everyone else watched and made sure we didnt kill ourselves.

we kept sliding back down cause of the rocks and shit and i pissed my pants from laughing so hard at how bad we were failing at getting the cart to the top of the trestle.

so we finally get it to the top of the trestle and were ready to light it up and everyones ready to rock. i got to light the bottom part of the cart when i decide we should bring it to the other side of the tracks....cause theres a chance the fire would be in view of houses on the south side of the tracks. bad choice.

it took six of us to lift it off the ground and everyone else is watching...were moving it onto the tracks. at this point im holding onto the plastic handle of the cart and standing on the third rail cover.

failure was now imminent.

all at once time froze when we all looked up at each other

with a silent "oh fuck" look on our faces.

the cart slips from all hands but one dude who was opposite me.

the metal cart connects with the third rail and one of the base tracks and a huge electrical fireball just explodes in my face and get I tossed back like 5 feet.

at this point only me and this other dude were on the north side of the tracks and we run down the slope on the north side and then underneath the train tunnel in fuckin dirty sewer runoff of mid-april.

i look ahead and see everyone running their asses off. come to think of it most of us didnt even say goodbye to eachother or anything. we were just scared shitless. i look back and see the cart engulfed in flames and chutes of sparks fuckin flying every goddamned which way.

i regroup at my house with about 4 other kids and are in awe of the idiocy of the whole act.

later that day around 7 i went back to the scene with a friend who lived nearby but for some reason wasnt with us.

theres a huge pile of charred books all around where we dropped the cart and, i kid you not, a big dip in the third rail. the area around where the cart was charred black.

we walked for about a half mile looking for the cart but just gave up after realizing it probably had just gotten dragged under the train.

the dude who didnt take his hand off in time was all fucked up. he couldnt really use his hand for about a month and was burnt kinda bad.

yahtzee.

When I was about 5 years old I was running with a cricket stump outside, and tripped and fell, and landed on the stump which rammed right up to the back corner of my throat. Blood everywhere, major stitch work. The doctors said I was lucky. If the stump had hit directly at the back of my throat, it probably would have gone clean through. Does that count?

Also, a friend once pulled me out of the way of a speeding car milliseconds before it could have hit me. The sideview mirror hit my belt. We both stood there all.....you know, freaked out.

Guest -MOE LESTER-

WHEN I WAS REALLY YOUNG I WAS A DUMB ASS AND WAS PLAYING AROUND NEAR THE FRONT WINDOW OF OUR HOUSE....ALL OF A SUDDEN I WENT THROUGH THE WINDOW, BUT LUCKILY MY FUCKING MOM CAUGHT ME JUST IN TIME....IT WAS LIKE A 10-12 FEET FALL DUNNO IF THATS FATAL FOR A YOUNGSTER

Guest -MOE LESTER-
Originally posted by VALOR

so true.

-almost fell off a chairlift snowboarding when my board almost fell off when a binding broke and i tried to save it.

-etc...

say NO to dying in '04!

HAHA MY FRIEND FELL OFF A CHAIRLIFT ONCE...LUCKILY HE LANDED IN A PATCH OF SOFT SNOW BUT IT WAS LIKE A 25 FOOT DROP

Archived