INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

Originally posted by EPMDfan@Feb 23 2005, 09:34 PM

Everyone keeps talking about the brake fluid and if it's corrosive or not. The answer, it is to a certain extent but it will take years of exposure to actually eat metal. Think about this for a minute, all brake master cylinders are either cast iron or aluminum. The fluid sits in there for years and years and veryyyy rarely does it start to leak or corrode. Even the brake lines themselves are thin walled tubing and it takes YEARS for the fuild to corrode them to the point they start to leak. Yeah it does happen but after like 20years. The thing brake fluid is good for is eatting paint. If you look under the hood of a old car chances are the master cylinder leaked on the paint alittle bit and the paint is all bubbled up. So adding this stuff to your ink will help with staining because it actually eats into the painted surface and allows the ink to travel deeper into it which in turn makes it harder to buff.

this is true, some people even have metal brake lines... although, it depends on the type of plastic, etc. you are writing on. i have mixed up ghetto krink with a bit of brake fluid in plastic bottles before and had it eat through in 15 minutes, and yet i have had it sitting inside a plastic kiwi bottle, and another plastic bottle, for weeks now without any damage...

the dmage to metal is minimal. its all about the paint damage and keep the tag wet longer so it stains harder...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by bumsuckfun+Feb 23 2005, 07:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bumsuckfun - Feb 23 2005, 07:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-EPMDfan@Feb 23 2005, 09:34 PM

Everyone keeps talking about the brake fluid and if it's corrosive or not. The answer, it is to a certain extent but it will take years of exposure to actually eat metal. Think about this for a minute, all brake master cylinders are either cast iron or aluminum. The fluid sits in there for years and years and veryyyy rarely does it start to leak or corrode. Even the brake lines themselves are thin walled tubing and it takes YEARS for the fuild to corrode them to the point they start to leak. Yeah it does happen but after like 20years. The thing brake fluid is good for is eatting paint. If you look under the hood of a old car chances are the master cylinder leaked on the paint alittle bit and the paint is all bubbled up. So adding this stuff to your ink will help with staining because it actually eats into the painted surface and allows the ink to travel deeper into it which in turn makes it harder to buff.

this is true, some people even have metal brake lines... although, it depends on the type of plastic, etc. you are writing on. i have mixed up ghetto krink with a bit of brake fluid in plastic bottles before and had it eat through in 15 minutes, and yet i have had it sitting inside a plastic kiwi bottle, and another plastic bottle, for weeks now without any damage...

the dmage to metal is minimal. its all about the paint damage and keep the tag wet longer so it stains harder...

[/b]

That is very true. It will eat some kinds of plastics which also makes it good for staining plastics as well. But on a painted surface the Garvey with alittle brake fluid will stain for days. Another hint on Garvey it stains bare metal like a mofo!!! I caught a tag on a piece of bare metal just to see how my marker was working. I went to buff it with acetone (acetone takes everything off metal) like 30mins later and it stained the metal. I couldn't believe it...garvey is the shit plain and simple!!!! Great color and stains hard!!!!

lndye.jpgsafe if u bombers want a nice cheap ink or pen listen up:

first ink.

pemanent leather dye put a bit of pigment dust and some metalic caligraphy ink give it a sparkle.

cheap bombin pen (4 uk only)

go 2 clarks shoe store buy shoe magic its got like a thik sponge nib great 4 tagin and only £1.20 n very hard 2 buff its like goo amazin 4 doin pannels on buses n floors of trains. :king: more bombin stuff jus ask!

and for people not in the UK, instead of using a cheap (and assuming empty) bombing pen, we can just rack ourselves some free uniposca broads, zig woodcrafts, paintys, leeho gluesticks, or one of the other thousands of markers that are easy to find that are basically the same as bombing/OTR pens.... then just empty out the ink.

Originally posted by dyel@Feb 24 2005, 06:35 PM

got any other tips 4 uk writers like inks n cheap markers n wer 2 get things from.like that clarkes mop

you can get decent inks here in the uk.

corio, nero etc. (mailorder etc, certain graff shops)

certain places (your gonna have to look cos no one will tell you these) which sell fiebins..

wrong technikal, dot4 IS corrosive and eats paint like dot3. using dot3 and dot4, in theory, should be interchangable for inks.. but i'd stick to dot3, since its tried and proven. but if you already have dot4, then go ahead and mix it in with your ink, because it IS corrosive and DOES eat paint just like dot3.

dot5 however, won't work well in inks/paints.

hope that cleared everything up.

safe dyel u eva tried those berol magnum pens pretty gd n cheap aswell lol inks...erm inferno is orite that power stain is pretty sik the 1 from monster colors and plasti cote the paint in the glass pot is gd comes in metalics and is cheap 2 but leather dye is the sikest comes with this little mop thing to which is cool. :king: http://www.thenewdisaster.tk :clown2:

Originally posted by Subwaynet@Feb 28 2005, 02:38 AM

That Grog ink is really doing his dirty work... I'm from Milan and really loving it... it's fucking drippy and really hard to buff... 100 times better than the new nero ink

i need to get my hands on some of that ink!! they wont deliver to the US though....

a new nero ink??? whats that about??

Easy E, brake fluid helps stains only certain plastics better, another thing is that brake fluid slows down the drying time, so in away its better cuz it gets more time to sink in and stain, or it can be a bad thing and get your tag wiped off before it dries haha

grog started shipping worldwide a few days ago... so go order some from their site if you want.

ummm, what he's referring to is that a few years back NERO used to be a lot stronger than it is now. the old Nero was a lot like Grog. anyway, Nero changed their recipe (possibly to be more cost-effective) and this new Nero isn't at good as the old stuff.

Originally posted by dyel@Feb 27 2005, 04:15 AM

yo tinkah wots a gud ink mix with that power stain in it .and wot can i make a marker out of like things aroung the house n shit.

cheers

ure mom probly got sum she mops enit but mix some like washing machine die wiv that powerstain or sum pigment dust but i tell ya wats gd n wats sh1t, listen up them otr scrawl pens are wak jus get sum wax crayons on windows n stuff or if u go 2 poundland u can get etch rocks gd 4 windows on trains n stuff well there ugo mate im out :king:

Originally posted by tinkah+Feb 28 2005, 12:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tinkah - Feb 28 2005, 12:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dyel@Feb 27 2005, 04:15 AM

yo tinkah wots a gud ink mix with that power stain in it .and wot can i make a marker out of like things aroung the house n shit.

cheers

ure mom probly got sum she mops enit but mix some like washing machine die wiv that powerstain or sum pigment dust but i tell ya wats gd n wats sh1t, listen up them otr scrawl pens are wak jus get sum wax crayons on windows n stuff or if u go 2 poundland u can get etch rocks gd 4 windows on trains n stuff well there ugo mate im out :king:

[/b]

it actually took me like 5 times longer than normal just to read that... do you try to write like that or does it just happen?

OTR Scrawlpens are kinda nasty writing, hard to get a smooth style down, but they are hard to buff.

cheers

i just emptied my dads boot polish stick and filled it with paint and then white spirit....that worked for a bit...could work with inks 2....

just bought some nero off ebay...but im slightly confused i thort it was the best ink around and now ppl are saying it used to b good...

ahh fuck it...is there anyway i can make it harder 2 buff?