INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
hey guys, i did a quick search for this but i couldnt find any information on it, only people bitching about it,

stealth ink. i was thinking of picking some up.

i am having trouble finding reviews. the youtube videos show like one clip of someone using it and its timelapse, the website doesnt saymuch, same with oinkltd.

i was hoping maybee someones used it and can tell me if its worth it or is it just a gimmick (well im sure its a gimmick to some extent)

thanksssssss..

oink has it now and has a video of it up.

New topic....

Polyurethane!

what about it?

What ingredients are there in a ink more than pigments and solvent. Or is an ink just pigment+solvent? :confused:

^^^^bumping my question above^^^^

Also; does Potassium permanganate have an colouring effect aswell or is it just for oxidation purpose?

And; Is there a solvent that works good with Potassium Permanganate(except water) that also works good with granulated bitumen?

• Like 1

ok here is how to use potassium permangenate.

go to pool store.

get PP in powdered, tablet or granular form.

mix with grain alcohol and swish.

bottle gets hot. let it sit for a day before you mix it in with your ink. it will make it stain pretty hard. it stains HDPE bottles brown.

potassium permanganate isnt even that good, get some normal stainers like meth blue or gv that dont fuckin oxidize everything.

thats another thing, if you add pp to your inks, make sure you dont have any wierd shit in tehre or it'll fizz and get rly hot n shit.

if you really want something to stay up you gotta tag it with acid or somethign that will reat with tha surface your tagging.

or just go get some tar or the paint they use for road lines, and use that

I recently mixed Marsh T-Grade and Grog buff proof ink. It dries a little bit too flat for my taste. I'm assuming I put in too much Marsh. Any other ideas on how to fix the flat-ness (if thats a word) of this ink. Im not fond of either ink alone really... too opaque. Thanks in advance. :)

too opaque? wtf

if you want gloss, go to a hardware store, and pick up some minwax wood hardener, its basically acetone with gloss in it.

either let your inks sit out for awhile then add it, or boil them a bit then add it.

or if youdont want opaque(idk wjhy not) then just add it to the inks

Too thick is what I should have said, but it's not really that either. It just doesn't flow from my nib like I want. Dunno if it's too much of one ink and not the other. Want better flow, and it to not be AS flat. It almost looks like paint. Kinda weird.

Anyways thanks for the help I guess ill just mess with it myself till I get it the way I want. Ink is just expensive don't really want to waste it to test mixes. Oh well.

No clue where i got this from but found

it in a random folder anyone ever try this

or know if it works?

dissolving fine granulated bitumen in

naptha then adding powder stainer thats

dissolved in mek for a base

cause i found a place to buy some powder

toner but not in small quantities, so not

trying to drop alot of money for something

not to work

or know if it works?

not to work

it was mentioned like just a couple of pages ago

or know if it works?

not to work

im the one that suggested this back a few pages.

get the bitumen from a store that sells paving supplies for driveways, get the naptha from a paint store (vm&p naptha) or ronson lighter fluid works ok...

i suggested MEK or acetone for the copier toner because it dissolves the polymers very easy.

GOTTA HAVE MY PROPS!!!

• Like 1

or you could just get semi-liquid asphalt, dissolve it in some xylene (naphtha is nice, but it flows wierd thru markers)

then just use any xylene based ink to thin it some more, then you have about half stainer, half bitumen, which doesnt fade

pretty good mix.

xylene does not dissolve bitumen without help. it is the wrong type of solvent. its like trying to dissolve butter with orange juuice.

sure you can dissolve it eventually, but it is not in the least bit practical.

andf im guessing by semi liquid asphalt (which means the rocks and all that good stuff) you mean granulated dry bitumen....because even google right noow is saying "double-yew tee eff mate?!"

liquid asphalt comes in pre-mixed heated trucks, and i know your name aint that big.

xylene does not dissolve bitumen without help. it is the wrong type of solvent. its like trying to dissolve butter with orange juuice.

sure you can dissolve it eventually, but it is not in the least bit practical.

andf im guessing by semi liquid asphalt (which means the rocks and all that good stuff) you mean granulated dry bitumen....because even google right noow is saying "double-yew tee eff mate?!"

liquid asphalt comes in pre-mixed heated trucks, and i know your name aint that big.

no, i bought liquid asphalt from an art store. it came in a 16oz container, nice smooth thick black asphalt.

you can easily thin it with xylene or an oil based solvent like naphtha paint thinner ect.

ill post pics later if you dont belive me lol, but ive been fucking with bitumen/ tar based inks since day 1.

i used to make bitumen ink straight from pieces of road, heat it up, thin it then strain out the rocks.

and yea the pic that 561 posted is exactly what it looks like. thats what bitumen naturally is, you can wikipedia it, its viscous liquid.

but if you want to make ink with it, youve got to have some black pigment, becaue when you get it thin enoguht its more of a brown color

im the one that suggested this back a few pages.

get the bitumen from a store that sells paving supplies for driveways, get the naptha from a paint store (vm&p naptha) or ronson lighter fluid works ok...

i suggested MEK or acetone for the copier toner because it dissolves the polymers very easy.

What does 'copier toner' and 'polymer' mean?

I was thinking of doing a mix with GV and PP as stainers and then Bitumen, to protect against the sun since it doesn't fade.

polymer means basically any complex molecule. like plastic and stuff liek that. copier toner is the powder ink stuff that copiers use to print.

and if u add in gv or potassium permanganate, make sure u dissolve them in acetone so that they mix in. cuz gv and pp are usually in alcohol, which doesnt mix with oils.

polymer means basically any complex molecule. like plastic and stuff liek that. copier toner is the powder ink stuff that copiers use to print.

and if u add in gv or potassium permanganate, make sure u dissolve them in acetone so that they mix in. cuz gv and pp are usually in alcohol, which doesnt mix with oils.

Thanks alot! :)