rubbish heap

lol

here ill drop a lil recipie for u guys

get-zinseer shellac-darkest color they have

de-natured alcohol

charcoal powder or carbon powder, w.e. any FINE black pigment

some stainer, gv w.e. pick your fav

mix about 1/4 shellac shit with 3/4 alcohol

then add carbon until its as opaque as u want!

lol then add some stainer or w.e.

or mix this with other inks.

so far its the only way i know of making a pigmented alcohol based ink from scratch. and if your pigments is fine enoguh it'll flow thru a marker, if not just mop it

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
lol

here ill drop a lil recipie for u guys

get-zinseer shellac-darkest color they have

de-natured alcohol

charcoal powder or carbon powder, w.e. any FINE black pigment

some stainer, gv w.e. pick your fav

mix about 1/4 shellac shit with 3/4 alcohol

then add carbon until its as opaque as u want!

lol then add some stainer or w.e.

or mix this with other inks.

so far its the only way i know of making a pigmented alcohol based ink from scratch. and if your pigments is fine enoguh it'll flow thru a marker, if not just mop it

^^^

PROPS

DO.IT.

you can make your own coal by wrapping dry wood chunks in foil and cooking them at high heat.

i used to make artists charcoal like that with twigs. just wrap them up real air tight and throw them in the fire.

thats tight, how long do you keep them in? and do they get charcoalized(lol) all the way through?

and has anyone tried using that road line paint they have at lowes?

i get my charcoal from charcoal pencils that you can get from office supply stores

cut it open with a box cutter or exacto knife and use a pestle and mortar to grind it up

or you if you dont have one you can cut it up really fine with the box cutter/exacto knife

i found out the other day that titanium dioxide is useful if you want to make your ink/paint whiter. it can be in pure white powder form or in a liquid form which is titanium dioxide and glycerine. you can get it at places you can get it at cake shops online or if you can try and find it in craft stores.

if you do put the liquid form and it has glycerine in it, its gonna make your paint take longer to dry and it will probly make it not stain as hard.

for the twig method, i have used twigs about as big around as a pencil and made sure they were dry/dead first. wrap them in like 3 layers, and then shove them in the coals the next time you fire up the BBQ or like in the fireplace. when the coals are cool enough to pick it out with ur hands, it is ready.

it chars it all the way through, and as long as you wrap it tight, it comes out black only, no white burnt parts. if you are getting white ashy parts, apply a moisturizing lotion like neutrogena, or just wrap the foil tighter.

is the shit that comes in a woodcraft worth using or not? i tried searching but just got people talking about putting different shit in... id just try it but i dont wanna juice the nib and ruin it if it sucks. i tried to open it up just to look and some spilled on the side, and i could just like chip it off so im guessin its a no, figured id ask anyway. oh and is there a paint thinner that wont make your mops look like they just ate a warhead? ive just been using the cheap shit that says "paint thinner" and if i let it sit for a day or two all the paint will dissappear and itll be all fucked

This is for sure posted somewhere in here but to avoid dumb-ass posts from lazy people who won't search, therefore leaving us in a loop of ink knowledge I'll post it again if you want acrylic because of the wide varity of colors it comes in, mix up some white oil-based paint with however much of whatever you use to thin out your paint, then add artists' oil paint that is pretty thick and comes in a tube,watever color you want and however much you want to get the color you need.

(for dumb-asses who couldn't understand that)

THIS:

SRPreGwhHpL.jpg

PLUS THIS:

01012-1007-3ww-l.jpg

AND THIS:

wnuswocgrp09.jpg

EQUALS(=) THIS:

web08.jpg

JNB003ART-tag1.jpg

thats ghetto junobo not acrylic. acrylic is water based, just mix water and tube paint.

but yea ghetto junobo is better anyways, cept it fuxs your mops sometimes

jesus..

I just posted a way around water and "those tubes" a more permanent version and you're still bringing it back.

why dont you just try it?

i dont have any empty mops to run it through, and im not about to empty one just to show you what it looks like.

there was soem online graff shop that sold Ot mops with marsh white and garvey in them which is like the same thing, but i forget which site it was