INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Whiteout you can scratch it off with your fingernail. Test it out.

Otr suck.

Gas in ink because it too thick? Am I missing something? Why

not just use alcohol

The only reason I can think of is expirementation, or maybe an absolute lack of anything else that would work?

^I've done it before. Desperate measures when the ink recipe came out too think. Went to the gas station and made a mess spilling ink all over the floor when the bottle overflowed lol. Doesn't work bad...the smell lingers though

gas will decay some plastics depending on how much youre using. but then again so will hundreds of other chemicals

how good is base ink?

or on the run flowpen ink?

I normally don't buy inks. But one of the order's I made from trout came with a free sample of Base ink in a small mop. I liked it enough to buy a refill bottle in the last order I made. It seems to mix well with other inks and I managed to get a nice blend of Marsh and Base to last a lot longer then I thought it would have. But like almost every ink in a soft plastic mop bottle, dont squeeze. Un less you like the runny look. Which I tend to do by habit.

In short Pretty good shit.

gas will decay some plastics depending on how much youre using. but then again so will hundreds of other chemicals

Its not so much the GAS its self that causes the plastic to brake down. Its the ethanol in the gas. If you use a high grade gasoline or a ethanal free gas, then you should be straight.

I normally don't buy inks. But one of the order's I made from trout came with a free sample of Base ink in a small mop. I liked it enough to buy a refill bottle in the last order I made. It seems to mix well with other inks and I managed to get a nice blend of Marsh and Base to last a lot longer then I thought it would have. But like almost every ink in a soft plastic mop bottle, dont squeeze. Un less you like the runny look. Which I tend to do by habit.

thanks dude, i was on trout and saw it and wasn't sure if it was any good.

baseinksm.jpg

Was wondering if anyone on here had tried this, I hadn't given out samples in a year or so and never received too much feedback on it. I think you're one of the first to write anything about it. There's a lot of you guys in here I look up to as ink snobs (compliment), so to see it mentioned in here is a thrill.

on wood or something pourous it might work but metal is pretty hard to soak into. there are only a few inks that are still leaving ghosts after they have been eroded, buffed and faded and im pretty sure they dont have anitfreeze or brake fluid in them. the only good they would do is if you write in the winter alot like me your ink wouldnt freeze in your marker.

baseinksm.jpg

Was wondering if anyone on here had tried this, I hadn't given out samples in a year or so and never received too much feedback on it. I think you're one of the first to write anything about it. There's a lot of you guys in here I look up to as ink snobs (compliment), so to see it mentioned in here is a thrill.

Sorry I'm not much of a Ink guy so I rarely comment here.. I got a bottle with my order! This Base ink is some serious stuff. .the price isn't bad either compared to whats out there.

Try it out .. Gurantee you'll be back for more.. It's the Devil in a bottle!

im new to the whole making ink thing..

so i got half a liter of black spray paint ink,any tips on how to pressurize?

its really annoying when you open it and it ghets all on your shit..

maybe you shouldnt open it at all besides what the fuck is spraypaint ink? You mean paint from a can of spraypaint?

maybe you shouldnt open it at all besides what the fuck is spraypaint ink? You mean paint from a can of spraypaint?

there is ink in a spray can its shitty fades easy and fan tip

but cheap so fuck it

i like to use the ball point whit out joints you see at drug stores

and would really like to add color or oil base ink to it like home made shit

any advice