INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Alright, I'm a rookie at inks, so I need a little guidance. Sorry for not knowing more, but could someone just tell me what ingredients are commonly used for making inks? I'm not talking specifics, but what things should I add, and why. Like, why use leather dye, does it make it harder to buff? Why use ink, is it just a good base? Sorry, I really don't like asking questions, especially annoying ones, but I'm sort if giving up on my search, too many pages to look through. Thanks!

Alright, I'm a rookie at inks, so I need a little guidance. Sorry for not knowing more, but could someone just tell me what ingredients are commonly used for making inks? I'm not talking specifics, but what things should I add, and why. Like, why use leather dye, does it make it harder to buff? Why use ink, is it just a good base? Sorry, I really don't like asking questions, especially annoying ones, but I'm sort if giving up on my search, too many pages to look through. Thanks!

crashdummy just look at like the first 5 pages of this thread and you'll find alot of ink recipies :)

i heard that someone used bluing powder(for laundry) in theit ink. They said it has meth. blue in it, so its a good additive for ink. True? I would check, but my pops bluing is in a plastic baggie with no box or label.

Are you talking about the packs of clothes dye?

Anybody know if this would work?

that Punch leather dye looks like Griffin.

walgreens used to always have it but stopped carrying it i think. did they replace it with that punch stuff?

to be honest the bottle doesnt seem to have any relation whatsoever to the box, its like they just purchased some universal companys product and put it into there own box,. So ye could be. its real nice, shame the applicator isnt attached to the lid cos itd be real nice to use (like in quality of life)

Why would you put bleach in?

That wouldn't make it stain...

^^Bleach??

Bleach can kill you if you mix it other chems.

If someone told you to put bleach in anything ink

related, they are clowning you and putting you in danger.

Seriously.

EVERY INGREDIENT that you need or want is available on the

first 3 pages of this thread. You have to READ THEM! There are

no secrets hidden. Everything that you need is on those first 3.

Don't go looking for ink recipes when you have everything you

need spelled out for you on the first 3 pages. This stuff isn't

easy to find, so you gotta look around for some of the chems.

Don't put Bleach, Egg Yolks, Semen, baby tears, blood, or any

other weird shit in your batches. If someone told you to use

some crazy shit that we don't talk about on every page...

You are getting clowned and potentially mixing dangerous

combos of chems that could blow up and or instantly create

noxious gases that could lay you out in a bad way.

Be careful and don't be stupid.

hey DARKEIST,

my pen ink had problems in the rain, so i added scotch guard. it worked. 2 rains a a small flurry of snow and its still up. try spraying out scotch guard and mixing it with your rit dye. leather dye wouldnt hurt either. for my pen ink it was. 1 oz pen ink dilluted with alcohol, and 1.5 oz scotch guard. good luck.

and about how much is liquid rit dye? i know i can pick up powdered. might want to try this myself...could get some crazy ass colored ink out of this. im thinking orange. yeah!

oh, and to add to my post above, try adding polycrylic to your rit. rit is waterbased, and polycrylic is a waterbased clear coat. tell me if it works, and its probably easier to deal with (and maybe cheaper) than scotch guard. you can pick up polycrylic at walmart and home depot. and also, cant remember if it was here or on bombingscience, but anything with the suffix "crylic" is waterbased. There is no such thing as an oil based acrylic paint.

Are you talking about the packs of clothes dye?

Anybody know if this would work?

no, the pops said its like liquid bluing, the stuff you use to make your shirts look whiter, but in powder form. im pretty sure its shit if it comes out in the wash. thanks anyways.