INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
throw it away haha it has weak ink. unless u have a great way to modify the ink.

thats exactly what i want. a good modifying recipe. this is so gay, the first time i buy ink, it sucks. i want a recipe to use this with it though, i added clear nail polish. and some scotchguard like i did my other recipe. i want to add some shoe dye, the nail polish thickened it up a bit.

any suggestions?

stainers maybe?

You guys are wasting your time and money making your own inks out of crappy ingredients.

If you want a weatherproof ink that can be buffed, get Marsh. (Think outdoors)

If you want an ink that stains hard, and is hard to buff, but doesn't hold up to weather, get Garvey. (Think indoors)

Or, if you want a proven, hard to buff, weatherproof ink that won't fade get yourself some Krink or Do 'em Dirty. I have not used Oink or Junobo personally, so I can't say how good they are, but I've heard good things.

You can rack pilot ink, but that's pretty much the only ink on the shelves that's worthwhile.

No matter what, if they want to buff your shit, they will. Nothing is really permanent since they can always re-paint the surface.

Instead of wasting your time asking what new ink combo works, take what you got (or get one of the aforementioned inks), catch some tags, and SEE what works.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from trying something new, but everything has been said before in this thread.

^thats the deal, i did yesterday, it rained and most of of the shit, except the one that was in a covered place, is gone.

ill try some mixes of my own. really whats up is im broke as shit most days, and i was suprised that the shit i make was better than eternal. i would be cool to rack pilot, but the only place that carries it is mom and pop stores. i feel bad though, especaily since a lot off good mom and pop shops are going out of business.

no, not the sharpie, just the ink. not shoe polish, shoe dye, like leather dye. The ink says permanent, but its not waterproof. and thats why i wanted to know the deal with the dye before i went out and bought some. the pilot ink/leather dye recipe is on page one. just trying to see what any good. I actually racked a black scuff cover kiwi. should i mix the ink with that and leather dye, or just kiwi black?and the clear nail polish doesnt say acetone, but isprospyl alcohol.

You guys are wasting your time and money making your own inks out of crappy ingredients.

If you want a weatherproof ink that can be buffed, get Marsh. (Think outdoors)

If you want an ink that stains hard, and is hard to buff, but doesn't hold up to weather, get Garvey. (Think indoors)

Or, if you want a proven, hard to buff, weatherproof ink that won't fade get yourself some Krink or Do 'em Dirty. I have not used Oink or Junobo personally, so I can't say how good they are, but I've heard good things.

You can rack pilot ink, but that's pretty much the only ink on the shelves that's worthwhile.

No matter what, if they want to buff your shit, they will. Nothing is really permanent since they can always re-paint the surface.

Instead of wasting your time asking what new ink combo works, take what you got (or get one of the aforementioned inks), catch some tags, and SEE what works.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from trying something new, but everything has been said before in this thread.

you said it best. thanks.

I think Grog isn't weather proof...and that pretty much sucks ! Anyway, i'm checkin' it out for yous...

The best best best weatherproof ink I heard of is called "Ideal ink" http://www.dragosupply.com/drago/servlet/CyberVendor/category/G7127343/catalog/group.jsp/ check this out (very opaque, covers every inks, matte, real fast drying..)

That ink is just perfect for a mop!

alright, i was really desperate, and I filled a mini mop made from some eyedrops with kiwi scuff cover(black bottle, brown contents). it takes forever to dry, but its water proof. weird. im thinking of follwing up on what oink said, and mix the two. dark color and water proof, thats cool with me.

lykeomgz when did you order your Junobo ink? how long did it take to arrive at ur place? haha im still waiting for mines and i cant wait ne longer. haha i noe it says 7-14 days arrival but it seems like years already

hahah i ordered on monday.

i ordered on sunday and i got it today. im sure yours shouldnt be to far behind mine because im in southern california.

is there any other substitue i can use for mineral spirits?? think household items...i got One Shot Proper Purple and need to thin it out

STOP THE PRESSES!!!

DO NOT THIN OUT PROPER PURPLE!!!

Thats a Pantone color and is for mixing!!

Get a 8oz tin of good oil based rusto.

Mix in a couple of spoon fulls of the Proper Purple.

MIX MIX MIX. Then thin this new slightly lighter purple,

and you still have lots of One shot PropPurp to mix more.

Good luck.

I was bored the other day and threw together some real low-end ink, it stains good and has a nice dark purple color but on some plastics the tags dissolve into droplets like regular inks do on some surfaces protected with special wax - what could be the problem behind this?

Too weak solvent or traces of water in the ink and is there any simple workaround (mixing it with another ink does the trick but that would wreck the current manufacturing price)?