INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

thank oink, i just made a batch doing that.. the water seemed to help but didnt dissolve it all, i didnt want to add too much.. maybe i added to much potassium, wasnt sure how much to add into about 250ml of ink, but thanks for the advice it defently helped dissolve it.

What do I look for at like home deopt or a fish store to get potassium permagenate? Also, how about dry stains (crystal gentian violet, crystal methylene blue, etc)??

you should be able to get potassium permagenate at the pharmacy.. if they dont stock it they would most probably be able to order it for you... if they cant try a different pharmacy.

as for the gentian violet and methylene blue, good luck!

i have been searching for them forever with no luck.

i live in australia and it seems pretty impossible to get those 2 additivies here...

according to people on this thread in other countries it is out there and available. so i dont know.i havent really been able to find anyone on the internet that will ship it here. actually found one but it is extremely expensive.

just stick to Do Em Dirty or Violet Garvey... it costs money but its pretty much the best shit you will get, stains hard (enough) and you dont have to fuck around with potentially dangerous additives.

like people have said in this thread if they really wanna get your stains off they will, whether they sand blast it or whatever... backs of street signs, dumpsters and like are a different story but just get the oudoor d*e*d for that, or make your own krink.

if you want methylene blue you can get it at the fish store/aquarium/pet store. but it will most like be the diluted (aqueous) solution which is only like 2% methylene and is pretty much a waste of time.

i suppose you could always throw it in a mop, is a pain in the arse to clean off because it just smudges everywhere.

happy hunting and let me know if you find anything

i filled up my pilot several time with do em dirty and that shit comes out opaque almost see through on everything do i need to cut it with a dark colored in? if so whats good for that?

ARE YOU USING INSIDE JOB OR THE OUTDOORSMAN? BECAUSE THE OUTDOORSMAN FORMULA IS NOT FOR PILOTS!

hi i was wondering if the white pigmented marsh mixed with another kind of ink like garvey would melt through a mini flowpen(since the marsh contains xylene supposedly) also i have heard that the pigmented marsh doesnt flow well, does it?

p.s. please dont tell me to get dye type b/c i want the white pigmented for custom colors.

i filled up my pilot several time with do em dirty and that shit comes out opaque almost see through on everything do i need to cut it with a dark colored in? if so whats good for that?

Not to be an asshole but... Vocabulary lesson time.

===================================================================

Todays word is Opaque

Opaque (noun, verb, adjective)[in this context Opaque is used as an adjective] : A substance which is not transparent or translucent. ie a substance that does not allow light to pass through it.

===================================================================

So saying that the ink was opaque means that it wouldn't be see through. In fact it would mean that it was a solid color which is what you are looking for. Again, not to sound like an asshole but don't use a word if you don't understand how to use it or don't even know what it means. But yea like DOEMDIRTY said, Outdoorsman won't work in Pilots

okayy. heres the problem. i got me a bottle of outdoorsman but i need it to last me for quite a while. as i live accross the atlantic and i have no credit card its quite hard for me to order some more. the order in which i got the outdoorsman i have now will probs be a one off and i probably wont be getting any more for a long time. i just wanna kno wat i can mix with my outdoorsman so that it wont really change much but will make more of it (dont really kno how to explain it)...i would experiment but i dont wanna fuck any of it up as i have to make it last...but if u understand, any help will be appreciated...thanks.

okayy. heres the problem. i got me a bottle of outdoorsman but i need it to last me for quite a while. as i live accross the atlantic and i have no credit card its quite hard for me to order some more. the order in which i got the outdoorsman i have now will probs be a one off and i probably wont be getting any more for a long time. i just wanna kno wat i can mix with my outdoorsman so that it wont really change much but will make more of it (dont really kno how to explain it)...i would experiment but i dont wanna fuck any of it up as i have to make it last...but if u understand, any help will be appreciated...thanks.

Ok man, first I would strongly recommend to NOT try to make more ink out of a bottle of "already good ink". The reason is simple, the formula you have just bought is espacially made, chosen, worked on hard just to be your best pick. People worked hard on that DED just so you don't have to "make more out of it by adding some more ingredient to it". Really, don't do it. By doing it you are just probably going to get some shitty ink, and knowing it was originally the bomb would really makes you a sad individual. ;)

But, if you still wanna write after emptying your DED ink (without adding anything to it), you can try cheap things such as: Black Shoe Polish straight up like that, Silver bucket paint + mineral spirit in a mop (aka Ghetto Krink), Leather Dye in a mop (a mop = shoe polish container or any "handmade marker" basicly...), or anything you can think of, try it for yourself :o

That answer your question ? Hit me back when you got your things together.

if you want to make ink last just buy shoe polish pumps with black polish, empty it half way and fill it with your DED. that way, your mix is 50% shoe polish and 50% ded and lasts you longer.

DO NOT dilute good ink with thinner, etc.