INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

umm adding thinner does alot,IT THINS IT!!! and as for having to go through a dryer it depends what kind of ink your using if your using U.V. it must go througha dryer with ultra violet lites,but as far as the ink i have its for printing vinyl stickers and air dries and is passed trough a dryer just to speed the process,as to go to cutting faster to ship out faster,and as far as putting it a marker works great for me lots of drips and its super opaque,and please dont call me kid because i am not..hense knowing all of this,is because its my job! im not saying any of this to be a dick,just mabey a simple correction?(for lack of better words)

A couple thoughts from the man that started this thread and helped in getting it where it is today...

We've pretty much exhausted all of the study of inkology and the same questions are just being asked over and over again because, what can I say, people are lazy in most cases. 60F1, if you're here lurking around, reading this, PLEASE come back, you're missed and had this thread on track and we all learned from you. However the fact of the matter is I think 60F1 won't be back, he hasn't posted in more than a month. This thread has reached 45+ pages, the longest ever in The Yard, and alot of stuff has just been stated over and over again. b0b, if you're reading this, I'd like to talk to you about condensing it all down / locking the thread temporarily (you mentioned this months ago but than 60F1 came...). I'm feeling pretty productive and on top of my shit lately, I could spend a couple days (and a couple gallons of coffee) getting that shit on lock down.

Anyways, I'm out of things to say. Get back at me, either of you.

PeaceOner

yeah i agre with you rubbish. the search on the forum does not work well, especially searching within a thread. no one wants to sit down and look through 40 plus pages of posts when they can jsut re ask it for free. condensing it down would be good for sure, getting rid of random crap and all, and moving all the amrker mod shit to the makrer mod thred, that's my two cents i say go for it. nice thread by the way, my favorite on here.

my inks:

Simple= easy take sum india ink marsk any of thta mix it wit a good amount of brake fluid ideal for plastics it should stain it well.

sumin a lil more complicated= if you can get your hands on sum boat bottom paint take that mix it with thinner and brake fluid also a lil motor oil if u like summin a lil thicker....this should leave a nice mark on nething and its crazy water proof.

as for sum good containers ur basic kiwi mop is wuts up but instead of using that shitty nib pull it out and stuff the end with felt or a block of chalkboard eraser ...simple enough

Originally posted by blahblahblah@Oct 23 2004, 12:20 AM

Chumba...just how difficult was it to get the zig's open? These things are fucking vicious...won't unscrew and trying to pry it open just isn't happening for me.

try going in difeerent directions.... like try unscrewing it clockwise and counter-clockwise and im sure youll have an open zig marker

just try twisting it off the other way that didnt work whatever lol dusted :yuck: :king:

Have anyone of you tried

RED Dirty Flowpen Ink by OTR?

I think we've got a candy ink right here. Its sort of a sweet candy inky smell.. I mean if you sniff it from the bottle you wouldn't really like it but it has that nice candy scent.. So if you tried this on a bus panel usually buses have at least one window cracked, and I don't think it'll attract any noses at all.

Urbandesignz and BombingScience do not carry these refills anymore.

There might be some bottles out there somewhere though.

google up kids.

P.s. sorry for posting twice. the new forums giving me mad trouble

Originally posted by icetray@Oct 24 2004, 09:08 PM

Have anyone of you tried

RED Dirty Flowpen Ink by OTR?

I think we've got a candy ink right here. Its sort of a sweet candy inky smell.. I mean if you sniff it from the bottle you wouldn't really like it but it has that nice candy scent.. So if you tried this on a bus panel usually buses have at least one window cracked, and I don't think it'll attract any noses at all.

Urbandesignz and BombingScience do not carry these refills anymore.

There might be some bottles out there somewhere though.

google up kids.

P.s. sorry for posting twice. the new forums giving me mad trouble

i had the black ink, and yeah, it does smell like candy, or some sort of sweet liquor. i've used it on busses a few times, and the smell is somewhat strong, and it lingers, even with an open window(s). reactions from other passengers is generally looking around and asking who's got the booze.