INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This Nero + Garvey sounds nice for inside hits.. I've got some black Garvey that I'm thinking might go well with black Nero.. and maybe some of that black Sanford ink for opacity.

60F1 maybe you can help me here. The Potassium hasent dissolved at all in my Denatured Alc., its still sitting at the bottom.. do you have any ideas on how to get it out? Because I want to get some Acetone to put it to some use. Also, I saw you said you used to use Zippo fluid instead of Denatured Alc., would Ronsonol also work? I can get a hold of that alot easier then Alcohol Denat..

do any of you use the fat steadler lumo colours? These are way better than pilots as they are more compact, stain worse than pilots, dont smell too much, and they absoulutely never fade. pilots tend to fade after a couple of months in the sun, but lumoclours will still be as dark as the day you dropped the tag after six months.

Originally posted by chumbawumba

This Nero + Garvey sounds nice for inside hits.. I've got some black Garvey that I'm thinking might go well with black Nero.. and maybe some of that black Sanford ink for opacity.

60F1 maybe you can help me here. The Potassium hasent dissolved at all in my Denatured Alc., its still sitting at the bottom.. do you have any ideas on how to get it out? Because I want to get some Acetone to put it to some use. Also, I saw you said you used to use Zippo fluid instead of Denatured Alc., would Ronsonol also work? I can get a hold of that alot easier then Alcohol Denat..

potass doesnt dissolve in alc acetone is reccomended

is it still cool if its not straight acetone like nail polish remover shit??

No first hand info, but make sure the nail polish remover does contain acetone because alot of them don't nowadays. Using nail polish remover instead of Acetone should be somewhere along the same lines as using isopropyl rubbing alcohol instead of denatured alcohol. The formers are more watered down and have shit you don't need in them as opposed to the latters, but they should get the job done anyway...

Myself, I'd rather just use a big container of den. Alcohol or Aceetone instead of the household alternative.

Originally posted by Adernaline

ive got alot of stuff still running with my nero garvey mix, it's faded slightly still very visible though, but then again who cares, england never gets any sun anyway :D

thanks for that 6of1, i've got a mini otr with that mix in it too :crazy:

i have plain old nero tags running which are still plain as day, even though they are in direct sunlight.

adernaline, i got myself one of them mini pens to. lovely!

Nah, not necessarily useless. Just a weak corossive.

My Leeho's came the other day and I'm pretty stoked on this shit. They're pocket sized, fit in the palm of your hand, the nibs somewhere near as fat as a Pilot broad, and hopefully I'll be getting nice drips with that shit soon because I pulled a valve mod.

I need PP...

Originally posted by rubbish heap

http://search.ebay.com/leeho_W0QQsokeyword...rectZ1QQfromZR8

Off of eBay. I got mine off katielynn on there. 2 bucks a marker too, pretty good price considering I can't find them in stores anywhere...

ive been trying to work it out, do you actually spray the walls with them?

im not a stranger to new markers but ive not seen that before :confused:

if so, possible to get a picture of the result?

Leeho's don't spray on the wall, I don't know where you got that from.

As a marker, they're the same type as Zig Postermans or OTR's, the valve system with that nib style. They're probably most similar to OTR Mini HTB's, fit in your palm and whatnot. The nib is a little smaller than an OTR one, it's somewhere near as wide as a Pilot broad. They're good because they're so cheap and the size is perfect.