INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

I just got some sweet colored ink. I had 3 Mini Flowpens and just as I was about to take em out with me I noticed they were running on E. They were black green and blue. I wanted to whip up something quick and hard staining so I just threw some Garvey in each one. The Violet Garvey mixed with the OTR colors and gave me some fresh dark colors :king: This thread needs to liven up a little bit.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by dlokddlokd

for the first time ever ...yesterday i got a bottle of

kiwi leather dye

"hard staining"

its in a glass bottle and it says it black but when u smear it or put it in the light its a dark dark deep bluish violet...it smells strong also....anyone heard of this dye?...is it good?

i kno wat ur talkin about this shit is crackin it is similar to lincoln leather dye its not the kind that comes in mops it comes in a glass bottle....i stole it one time from a safeway...works nice if mixed with griffin and some brake fluid and nail polish remover with acetone...dont bother trying to be cutty with this it smells strong as fuck even by itself good for as marker for the panels but also good for a pilot that ur gonna hit the streets with

Originally posted by AWProvidence

anyone know if Sumi Ink is any good? it's some kind of japenese ink made by Yasutomo & Co. It also says non-toxic on the bottle so i dont know if it would stain well. any help would be appreciated

it's waterbased and easily buffed, but that shouldn't be an issue. if you tag gets buffed, do another one.

I just bought one of those zigposterman markers. The kind that you have to prime. I filled it w/ bucket paint and mineral spirits but when ever i try it it runs out of juice in the nib on the first line. Should i just keep addin the spirts? Or just start over.???

AMEN

Originally posted by ASH.UGT

ok so im thinking of making a silver/chome ink , i got my marker already, i was thinking if i sprayed sum paint into a container that wud work but i cant think of wot to add to it to make it stain.

ne help chaps?

<span style='color:purple'>Somewhere in the past of this thread,was a recipe for homw made "Krink".Using paint,brake fluid etc etc</span>

ink...

no one has mentioned this so i guess i will...

go to your local party supply store and rack the window chalk markers, used for writing on car windows and shit...use up all the ink..

go to your local walmart or anywhere they have fabrics and crafts and shit, ie: michaels, hobby lobby, and rack "india ink" comes in different colors..

bust open the top of your window chalk marker, fill it with the india ink, close and be on ur way...around dallas we use them for the silver boxes and shit...drips like a champ.

peace

god dammit...i thot i knew how to make krink .. i mean i know the ingredients and stuff...rustoleum aluminum paint and thin it out with some mineral spirits...but i think i thinned it out way too much....cus when applied it dripped hella( kinda ugly drips) and is a we bit see thru...o and i added a lil brake fluid...wut did i do wrong....i filled half a bottel with the paint and the other half is thinner

not too much garvey man, cause you dont want to waste it, cause its expensive and hard to get more and it stains hard no matter if you put a whole bunch. Id say a 1:3 ratio. 1 being garvey and 3 being pilot

ps. dont forget fiebings, dot 3 and mayb e some griffin. That combo will make you :king:

^^^ whats the point in mixing fiebings with griffen? why not just pick one? they're basicly the same.

anyways, i wouldnt mix anything with garvey unless you want to juice up the color or give it some staining power to non-metals but pilot is not really gonna help with the staining so just add some garvey to the red base until you get a suitible shade.