INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

Originally posted by b0b

Marsh is good for getting tags outisde, as it doesn't fade with the weather. I find inks like fiebings, corio and nero all fade in the elements really quite quickly. So Marsh is good if you getting so cutty tags up, that are gonna run a while.

Right on.

Does anyone else use Montana black marker ink? I've run through about 125ml of the stuff and it is black as coal and rather aggressive. Half and half with either Garvey or Nero makes a hella vile mix. Smells evil, though.

Could b0b or someone in the UK who would be willing to do me a favour please email me?

Be seeing you.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i just checked and its pretty damn similar but the reason you add an ink is because that makes it stain properly. You can watch the ink spreading through the material when you blam with it so...

but this shit is so good and to make it better you can add marsh,garvey or maybe even inferno.

what can i add to griffin to thin it? im trying to get more drips. im thinking maybe it will drip more if i used it out of the original griffin bottle and used the little mop under the lid to write with, instead of in a kiwi mop. anybody else use this?

thanks.

and oh yeah, fuck shoe cream.

Originally posted by blahh

what can i add to griffin to thin it? im trying to get more drips. im thinking maybe it will drip more if i used it out of the original griffin bottle and used the little mop under the lid to write with, instead of in a kiwi mop. anybody else use this?

thanks.

and oh yeah, fuck shoe cream.

Denatured alcohol or rubbing alcohol.

60F1, you are the man.

Guest sneak
Originally posted by 6OF1

Could b0b or someone in the UK who would be willing to do me a favour please email me?

Be seeing you.

im trying. ive tried going through the 12oz function.

if that hasnt worked, drop me a line at

sneaky963@hotmail.com

Be hearing you.

Cool.

I'm in the process of gathering materials for an ink recipe I thought might work out alright. Its gonna be similar to 60F1's recipe, only I'm going to twist it a little because I can't quite obtain everything I need.

Violet Carbon Paper Ink

Red Sanford Ink (replacing Purple)

Gentian Violet Powder

Red Pilot Ink (I'm just adding this for the fuck of it)

Is it safe to mix Potassium Perm with Gentian Violet?

I asked Rubbish but just to make sure..

If it is I'm adding some of that. Probably a few drops of break fluid, too.

I'll let you all know how it works out.

60F1, I saw you mentioning Malachite Green earlier. I did some ebaying and came across 2 Malachite Green auctions. One of them says:

Malachite Green Hydrochloride

Catalog Number: M10010050A

Formula: C23H25N2Cl

CAS Number: 569-64-2

Description: Crystalline

Assay: 90-100%

Amount: 100g

DOT Classification: Non Regulated

The other says:

Malachite Green Oxalate

Catalog Number: M10013579A

Formula: C48H50N4O4.2C2H2O4

CAS Number: 2437-29-8

Assay: 90-100%

Which do you reckon is the right one? I found some Fuchsin auctions, as well.. once again there are 2 different types. Here they are:

Fuchsin New

Catalog Number: F10072314A

Formula: C22H24CIN3

CAS Number: 3248-91-7

Assay: ca. 100%

Amount: 10g

..and the other-

Fuchsin Basic

(Basic Fuchsin Hydrochloride)

Catalog Number: F10014389A

Formula: C20H19N3.HCl

CAS Number: 632-99-5

Assay: ca. 100%, Certified

Which one do I get?

I also found auctions such as Methyl Red, Methyl Orange, and Methyl Violet. Are any of these worth it?

yeah, so i went "shopping" the other day for materials...

potasium permanganate - the guy at the hardware store explained to me that it's used to clean up well water...i was questionable on how well that would work in a ink mix, so i looked around. i found this stuff that is used to dissinagrate tree stumps that has potassium nitrate in it, haha. that would probably be cool to experiment with. also i found this "cement etch" stuff that supposedly etches cement clean...

meth blue - went to the pet store and a younger guy was working...explained that i needed it for a stain, and he said that the meth bue that pet stores carry is diluted and that he's never seen the crystaline consentrate in any catalogs, but knew exactly what i was talking about.

i found this ultra permanent stamp pad ink at staples, it comes in a package with 2 tiny ass bottles and it's like 6 bucks...one red and one blue. mix them both together and it's a really nice additive to any mix

also, i have been having issues with etch. it either never dries once i catch a tag, or if it dries you can scratch it off. i have the liquid version of it(the white bottle with the blue squares)...they have etch cream that says "permanent" on the front, but the bottle i have doesn't say permanent///does your bottle of liquid etch say permanent on the front of it? if so, i have the temporary version i guess, if that is even possible:confused:

edited for confusing spelling errors

Originally posted by chumbawumba

Also make sure you shake etch before you put it in your marker and shake it everytime you do a tag. Etch has never failed me..

um...haha?

i'm pretty good friends with kids that use that shit, and they let jars of that shit sit on the shelf for like 4 months, and then use only the brown liguid on the top. the clay-like substance that floats to the bottom dilutes the acid, and makes it less powerfull...i could be wrong though...especially if this is some dl typoe shit...whatever though.

WHAT THE FUCK

ok so i aquired some violet garvey and was horrified

it fades..I dropped a tag three days ago and its faded dramatically to a fuken grey colour -

also it doesnt stain..I have been hitting places that i know get the buff and there has been no stain whatsover

to make matters worse i dropped a tag on a desk..the next day i tried to buff it and i rubbed it off with a fucken pencil eraser with EASE!!!

wHAT THE FuCK???

Originally posted by WhiteOx

It was buffed of glass and porcelain without a trace, i am still waiting for the buff results of plastic

pretty much any ink is gonna get buffed off glas easily...ink (ink that i use) is allways too thin to go on glass so its a waste...ive been told garvey stains plastic nicely...