INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

I was just giving him some pointers because thats what he asked for, I never said I did it or it was a good idea. I do think it is a waste of time, and a pot.

^^^ fair enough.^^^

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by pharoahe

well guys...i boiled my ink up today and the only thing i achieved was permanent brain damage (most probbably)

the shit fucking stunk my house out, but it didnt even thicken up...and to think i bought a new pan today from kwik-save for £2 !!!

any ideas why it didnt thicken up ?

yea that shit is mad staaankey.

anyways in my experience, the difference in thickness isnt going to be real drastic. there are the factors of time and temperature that can be adjusted, but i wouldnt recomend releasing all those cancerous vapors into your dwelling by putting your ink through a hard boil.

really, you may want to just adjust your recipie. the best way to really get in and alter the concistancy of an ink is through your additives.

i've never used nero but i would guess that it is thinner than fiberns, if thats the case, add alittle more of the fiberns and less of the nero.

powder additives help absorb some of the fluidity of the ink too.

the only time i boil ink is to even out the mixture, not to really tamper with the consistancy. and when i do decide to boil i use a double boiling system because it is more gentle on the ink, easier to control, better suits my boiling purposes, and releases less toxins into the air.

if you want to really want to thicken up your ink start with your ingredients. just doctor up your thickness by hand.

be careful with that boiling shit... these chemicals are very dangerous. be smart. if i were you, i would just work on your formula for now. boiling ink can be a serious health hazard and should not be done in jest.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I have no idea what you are talking about...I have a really nice Krink mop made from an ARRID XX container and a wide eraser strip as the nib. It works better than those bullshit so called mops Krink makes.

The nib is wider, it drips better, you do not have to add any pressure at all when you tag and they have screw on caps.

By the way, what is a chalk eraser? Or do you mean chalkboard felt eraser?

Because, chalk will not absorb a dam thing.

On another note...I never heard or used the term nib before I used the internet. We never called marker tips nibs.

We simply called them tips.

For examply "eraser tip"

The top part of a marker is the tip.

Hence, the tip is what you write with.

We even called mini nibs, mini tips...I guess it is a new school thing:D

Originally posted by $max$

i dont check this thread very often so im sure my question has been answered before but anyways,

does garvey mix with brake fluid?

You don't need to add a thing to Garvey...Adding break fluid or anything will most likely mess up the original components.

There is nothing more staining than Garvey. So, to add anything won't make sense.

The chemists at the Garvey company made Garvey ink for heavy duty industrial uses. I'm pretty sure if an experienced chemist could make Garvey any more permanent than it is...they would have put break fluid in it.

Garvey is hard-core price stamping ink...not regular permanent ink.

It is strictly for industrial uses.

The market wanted an ink that was nearly impossible to remove. So, the makers at Garvey came out with their product.

OK, on some surfaces it is easier to get off than other surfaces. But, you can make the most doctored home ink and it still won't be a powerful as Garvey.

Anyone who has used Garvey will tell you this...It just won't come off most surfaces. When they "try" to buff it. They realize after 3 minutes that nothing will remove Garvey. It dyes and seeps into the surface you write on and becomes a part of what you wrote on.

Also, not only is Garvey the most hard-core staining ink. But, you can get a whole pint for about 15 bucks. So, you get the best deal too.

It is cheaper to get a pint of Garvey, then to spend money on ingredients to make ink that will never be as good as Garvey.

I know I sound like a Garvey salesman...But, I just want to see you guys get the best ink made and not waste your money on inferior products, or waste your money on stuff that will make an inferior product.

I just added a mix of 3/4 Garvey and 1/4 Marsh into an emptied out Zig, the kind that are about as fat as a UniPaint (not the ones that are similar to an OTR). I love the color of it, it's a little darker and shinier than regular Garvey but still nice. And the flow... God damn. The flow is near perfect, shit flows so nice. It's a valve type marker; if you press down on the nib for more than a second or two, Garvey just flows right through as if there's no nib in place and makes a big mess. Either way the nib gets completely saturated in ink. Garvey and Marsh go perfect with each other.

Yea, those flow pens are really nice....I always have one on me. Just so I can tag whenever or wherever...without carrying a big mop around.

I like the mini flow pens for everyday carrying...I take it with me just like I would take my keys with me.

Marsh mixes good with Garvey...I took a little of violet Garvey and added it with some white opaque marsh. So, the color is great and even if they are able to buff the paint ink...The Garvey still stays.

Mixing up ink to make different colors is cool.

But, to add break fluid to an ink that is already almost impossible to buff is not worth it. Because, like I said it might screw up the original components of the high grade industrial ink. It is fine without break fluid.

But, if you are going to mix ink to get a different color...that is cool.

Originally posted by pharoahe

the best way is to just try and see.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

if u get mad ink on ur hands rub some olive oil on it and it takes alot of the ink of ur hands.

Use hair spray...I have been using it for a long time now to get it off my skin. It dissolves it somewhat. Try to use the old fashion Aqua-net hairspray.

That is the mac daddy of hair spray. It could be used to clean off ink that is not on your skin.

90% of the time, if you are using REAL ink...you can get most of it off your skin...you have to just let the rest ware off.

Having clean hands (ink free) while using ink to bomb is the key to not get popped.

Also, try to keep it off the bottom of your sneakers/shoes (tops too)

I remember we just finished destroying the 1 lay-up on Broadway. We destroyed the insides of every subway car. Being we were all using mops and when we ran out we refilled them while we were in the trains. A lot of ink got on the floor of the train. It got on the floor from the drips as well. We wore those heavy duty yellow dish washing gloves. So, we were careful. When all the ink was gone we junked everything in the tunnel.

Then we went top the platform to wait for a train to take us downtown and we were ink free. Then all of a sudden 6 undercover cops walked toward us and took out their badges that hung around their necks and they shook us down for ink and markers the looked at our hands and we were clean. But, they new we were writers because it was 4 am on a Sunday morning and we were next to the lay up.

So, the sergeant told us to show the bottom of our sneakers. Sure enough we all had ink on our soles.

They took us in. But, the case was thrown out, Because, they did not see us bombing, they found no ink or markers...Our lawyer said that the ink on the bottom of our shoes could have come from anywhere.

So, we got off the hook. The cops that brought us in were pissed.:lol:U

im new

alrite this is my first comment on this site...i have read 1 threw all 25 pages of this thread..from my knowledge i have purchased 8oz. violet garvey ink, some marsh...and some mini wides, i learned the thecnique about pokeing the nib with the needle and i also ordered stuff off artprimo thanks to omen...thanks man u and rubbish made a diffrense on my writeing...i really respect you guys.i live in LA so the graff scene is pretty hectic with all the undercovers...i have just finished makeing ink out of carbon paper and yesterday i made homemade krink ink...im makeing this post long because i have been wanting to say alot of comments from reading these posts like...why are miniwides out of production, why cant they make the original nibs as for the replacement ones.why arnt ultrawides out of production also and why are there replacement nibs the original kind...also anyone know some us sites that you can order "powerstain" ink...omen i read the interview with min one in the "all city" book by paul 107, i really recoment that book to any new writers becasuse it will help dromaticly.also i dont get why people hate on other people because they buy thier supplys...i mean i really rather have a bottle of garvey a min flowpen otr then a zig marker and some homemade carbon ink, i mean im not rich or anything but i rather drop some money and make sure my shit stains and it wont leak in ur pocket then alwase haveing to tip out bout whenever u bust drips to make sure to hold it up rite n stuff...alrite im out for now but everyone that dedicates thier time to the site to post shit and make kids younger learn some real shit thats a high five i respect all the original writers out there that made something out graff just not some vandalism..thanks all

DontBeAmenis, nothing but respect that you actually read all 25 pages. most people on here just skip reading and skip the search button, and ask a question that's been asked countless times before. there's so much knowledge in this thread, you probably learned a lot more than you knew before reading.

apparently, the machine that makes mini and ultra wides has had a malfunction and it is no longer able to make mini wides anymore (but still ultra's). since the company that owns it is small, it can't afford to replace the machine. this is from what i have heard. the new style of nibs are most likely bootlegs. if you want to get powerstain ink, your best off with finding someone on here from europe who is able to access it and willing to trade for one of our america-only inks. i know there is a couple websites out there that sell it but i'm puzzled as to whether they're willing to ship to the u.s. none of them say they do.

i don't have all city but i've looked through it at the book store. great book, nice interviews and such.

stay up.

Yeah man, All City looks so tight. I went to B&N to see if I could get a copy and they said they didn't have it in stock, but they could order me a copy and deliver it to my house. I filled out a form and payed them, about a month later I got a letter in the mail from B&N saying that the book is out of print in North America and they were unable to obtain a copy. So, I got my 21 bucks back and bought myself a copy of The Art of Getting Over. That book if more fun then Rusto Silver with a Jiffy Foam Cap :lol:

yeah

im 14 years old..ive been writeing for 2 years straight and before i picked up my first marker and cought a tag i practiced and red books and talked to older writers becasue i had lots of writers that were older and they knew what they were talkin bout...well from all that i still wana learn and find out more information i dont just want to write all over and get fame i want to aknowledge why i do it and one day i wana tell my children about it, yeah i read all 25 pages it wasnt easy but it took me all of friday after skool saterday and half of sunday.well i did it and im proud...