Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest im not witty

bear vs. shark

Guest im not witty

this is a good band.

apparently it's a book title as well

and nothing short of a entertaining ninja vs pirate type concept on its on.

discuss any one of these great topics at your leisure.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I choose to dwell further on choice #3.

The shark would fuck the bear up proper.

But that doesn't make bears any less cool, Rage, so don't sweat it. It's just that sharks are fucking crazy.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

The shark would fuck the bear up proper.

In water, yes.

On land? Nay.

Guest TEARZ

disagree sir.

the shark is a chomp, hold & squirm type of attacker... he couldn't do shit to a bear, especially a grizzly. by the time he sunk in his hundreds of teeth, he'd be mauled like a motherfucker (keep in mind, 1 grizzly paw swing and the human head goes flying off like barry bonds hitting off a tee).

victory- bear.

Guest im not witty

my friends played a show with these guys and they were nuts, running around, humping on a synthesizer and all kinds of shit. i was blown away.

then later we listened to the album. the first three songs are amazing and frantic, then it kind of slows down, didnt really get me as much, but im sure it will grow on me. all in all, very impressive i think

Guest im not witty

i think the concept of the fight is that it takes place in enough water that the shark can manuever, but not too deep that the bear cant. thats the concept for the book i think, like a huge deal in vegas type prize fight. anywho...

Originally posted by -Rage-

In water, yes.

On land? Nay.

I've had this same discussion with my friends except it was an Alligator and a Tiger...

I think the Tiger would win on land, not in water. But it would be a hell of a fight nonetheless.

Naaaah dude, even on land it's gonna be tough. The shark is gonna be flopping around like a maniac, and the bear will have to assume a sort of humping position to stay away from the mouth. If he fails, he's fucked. The bear can't bite at anything other than fins and tail, cause his mouth isn't big enough to go for the body. It will paw and tear shit away with its claws, but it'll take quite some time to get through the zillion layers of fat to get at the vitals. On the other hand, bears have tons of lovely protrusions that are gonna come off immediately if the shark gets to them, along with main arteries that are gonna spew out like a water fountain, AND sharks have a huge fucking mouth that could tear off giant chunks right off the body.

Sharks, dude. Sharks all the way.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

the bear will have to assume a sort of humping position to stay away from the mouth. If he fails, he's fucked.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHHHAHHHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I'm assuming we're pitting best of the best here, which would be a polar bear vs. a great white. Not like, a black bear vs. a silly whitetip.

Polar Bear Vs. Great White

That would be better, but the bear would just be utterly confused as to what's biting it.

simple: Bear (even in water)

why?

Shark = One point of attack (the jaw)

Bear = Five points of attack (four claws and the jaw)

The claws make all the difference.

I wonder how easily a shark could rip through the thick hide of a bear. And I wonder if a shark's jaws could crush a bear's bones. But a bear probably couldn't swing it's claws around fast enough under water. That would be an interesting battle.

neither would win, they would probably maul each other to mutual death.

and what the hell are the fighting for? do we have any evidence that they are natural enemies?

Guest Pilau Hands

haha we're all weirdos

but if we're gonna get serious here, we've got to think of the attack space of the bear and shark. is there really a depth of water for the shark to maneuver in with the bear still freely capable of attacking? we know the bear can stand there and grab/bite/swipe, but how much area does the shark need. if it's like a steel cage match, in a small space, i'd give it to the bear. hopefully, it'd be smart enough to move out of the way of the shark's jaws, humpgrab it, and just start tearing into the thing. if it's like a dark alley one night, i'd say the shark. mofo's too fast foh yah.

i thought about that too ube...you'd have to starve the shark to the point where it was hungry enough to take on something the size of a grizzly bear. and you'd have to somehow make the bear think the shark was attacking it's cubs or something. how? i dont know...fake movie? flash cards?

candygram

Nerds to the Rescue!

from this very nerdy site...

These are game statistics for various sorts of animals, gathered from numerous White Wolf sourcebooks. Vampire: the Masquerade Revised, Blood-Dimmed Tides, the Werewolf Revised Storyteller's Companion, Mummy: the Ressurection and more. Only the physical stats have been included, as Pooka generally keep their own Social and Mental Attributes when in their Animal Miens.

Bear

Strength: 4/7/7, Dexterity: 2, Stamina: 4/6/7

Attacks: Claw: Str +2 Lethal, Bite: Str +0 Lethal

Notes: Black Bears are represented by the numhbers to the left of the slashes. Brown and Grizzly Bears are the center number. Polar Bears are the number on the right.

Shark

Strength: 2-5, Dexterity: 3-4, Stamina: 3-5

Attacks: Bite: Str +2 Lethal

Notes: Variable Attributes cover the different breeds of shark, with Great Whites at the high end.

the Bears take it!

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this