I Grew up in the 80's

TRYB0L

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yes, Newhart was the shit. Weren’t they in the A&W commercials, too?

Originally posted by CinchedWaist

"Tell em Large Marge sent you"

That part used to freak me out when i was little.

That scared me for years. Nightmare on Elm Street had nothing on that one scene.

Actually, I used to snowboard a lot in the mid-eighties. It was the natural thing to do when the winter would come along and skateboarding was slowed due to snow and rain all the time. My first board was a Burton Backhill bought for me by a really good friend. I think it cost her about $150. I also believe it was one of Burton's first snowboards... maybe not the first, but close to. It was heavy, had metal rails on the side and your feet were not held in place very snuggly by the rubber slides. I still rode that thing religiously for two winters before quitting snowboarding. I wish I still had the board... I saw this one on ebay going for $999!

the mets in '86

action figures/cartoon - mask

knee high tube socks with the 2 or 3 striped bands at the top

powell perelta

launch ramps

vision street wear

when haro was the topnotch bike to have

pumas with fatlaces

rocking the slipon checkered vans

http://crazy.spenced.com/popple.jpg'>

Does any one remember popples? Those little stuffed animals that folded into themselves and made a ball? This one right here looks ultra gay. I remember there were some for boys that turned into footballs basketballs and soccerballs so boys didnt feel so gay about playing with them.

http://www.nouvelledujour.com/static/redacteur/decembre2001/pogoball.jpg'>

then there was this shit. Instant broken ankles.

Archived