Props to mods

kemekill

Originally posted by Kilo7-

and the difference between that and the hiphop kids with 3XL sweatpants that hang off their hips is what exactly?

This is yet another fad that boggles the mind. Pants so huge that they hang down midway on the wearer's ass. Thus making the wearer walk funny just to keep them from falling down. Why is it a fashion to wear your pants halfway down your ass? Believe me, I'm not knocking the style. I did some silly shit myself when I was a teen. Foot high mohawks, extremely tight black bondage pants with two or three studded belts, three inch high creepers... I could go on but will save myself the embarrasment. I'm just trying to understand why kids are wearing their pants this way. Did some Hip-Hop guy start this? I just want to go up and pull that shit down it looks so stupid.

And Hot Topic... these kids kill me. Being from an era when Punk was still mainly underground, to see these overnight punkers strolling through town with huge attitudes and a chip on their shoulder so big that it weighs them down. Like Andy Rooney said... give me a break! The fact that Hot Topic sells items with Anarchy symbols on them is a testament to why it's a lame store.

Yea, I still got my 12" platform Gene Simmons boots... don't make me show you.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Joker

This is yet another fad that boggles the mind. Pants so huge that they hang down midway on the wearer's ass. Thus making the wearer walk funny just to keep them from falling down. Why is it a fashion to wear your pants halfway down your ass? Believe me, I'm not knocking the style. I did some silly shit myself when I was a teen. Foot high mohawks, extremely tight black bondage pants with two or three studded belts, three inch high creepers... I could go on but will save myself the embarrasment. I'm just trying to understand why kids are wearing their pants this way. Did some Hip-Hop guy start this? I just want to go up and pull that shit down it looks so stupid.

And Hot Topic... these kids kill me. Being from an era when Punk was still mainly underground, to see these overnight punkers strolling through town with huge attitudes and a chip on their shoulder so big that it weighs them down. Like Andy Rooney said... give me a break! The fact that Hot Topic sells items with Anarchy symbols on them is a testament to why it's a lame store.

re-read your post and hit yourself in the head for sounding like an old man!...then send me my shit!

:D

Originally posted by Joker

I worship those boots but that one doll made me wonder... and your Birthday Book just broke my heart, it said I'm destined to be a nobody and I can't shake that stench... I'm SO prepared to just quit life....

holy fucking hesh ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahclassicahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahfuckfuckfuckahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahenoughofthatalreadyha

hey joker....

you asked where the 'pants half way down' trend came from?

I might be wrong with this but a huge number of 'hiphop' trends

all have to do with being hard. Where do 'hard' people go? Prison!

They take away your belt in the lockdown, so real hard hiphop guys

have to walk about with the pants hanging like they just got let out.

I may be totally off.... but prison seems to be the only excuse for

white tank tops, matching demin suits, sliper-sneakers and DMX.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Dirty_habiT with alterations by DETO

Dear 12ozMods,

Thanks for and fixing the forum. We are a bunch of ungrateful bastards most of the time, so I'm gonna speak for everyone here on a whole when I say we appreciate your dedicatedness and admire you're awesome rare Furby.

--User's of 12oz

on day 3, hesh called me in the middle of my final to ask me what was up with the board.

that's some pookie shit.

i'll bet there was a 14% increase in painting, nation wide (30% in kangaroo land) as a result of the 'great black-out' of 03.

seeks/12oz, we paint so you don't have to

Originally posted by seeking

i'll bet there was a 14% increase in painting(30% in kangaroo land) .

none of the aussie toys on this board paint, they just go on the melbourne thread jerking off to 3 year old photos of dorps panels. so there was a 0% increase here, it just cruised along as normal.

-yeah that's right kids, i called you out, and if you'd ever done anything i'd cross you out too

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

-yeah that's right kids, i called you out, and if you'd ever done anything i'd cross you out too

haha.

do we get along most the time? i can't remember.

i would think we would, cause we seem to have the same outlook on alot of things, but occasionally such similarities leads others to not look real fondly on me.

either way, 'jolly good' reply.

haha.

do we get along most the time? i can't remember.

i would think we would, cause we seem to have the same outlook on alot of things, but occasionally such similarities leads others to not look real fondly on me.

my man, i think we're both well past giving a shit whether people look fondly upon us or not.

mr abc-up as fuck on the streets, but you'd have to go outside to know that....

did you email me about trading x-mas cards? i know someone did, but i dont remember who it was and my 12oz email is steady fucking up.

i know it's a bit late, but if you're still down, lemme know.

i havent made an xmas card in a long time, but im sure i could whip something up.

Originally posted by Kilo7-

hey joker....

you asked where the 'pants half way down' trend came from?

I might be wrong with this but a huge number of 'hiphop' trends

all have to do with being hard. Where do 'hard' people go? Prison!

They take away your belt in the lockdown, so real hard hiphop guys

have to walk about with the pants hanging like they just got let out.

I may be totally off.... but prison seems to be the only excuse for

white tank tops, matching demin suits, sliper-sneakers and DMX.

right on the money there chief...

sept i never put two and two together with the denim suits, wife beaters etc etc.. i think about it now and it looks like it would work.. learn something new every day..:twitch:

Originally posted by Telo

right on the money there chief...

sept i never put two and two together with the denim suits, wife beaters etc etc.. i think about it now and it looks like it would work.. learn something new every day..:twitch:

Kilo Kickin' Knowledge...

...wait a minute 'KKK' ;)

all of these things stem from slightly different facets of 'urban' living.

economics:

everyone knows the stereotype of black people rock plastic covers on furniture. why? to keep it looking nice. now do you think someone thats going to render their furniture completely uncomfortable in the name of presentation, is also going to allow someone to wear their shoes in the house?

hell no. hence the phenomenon of 'house shoes'. it's not so much about replicating slippers in prison, as much as just a part of growing up in an envirenment where you have to try and make what little you have, as presentable as possible. this is where wife beaters, dickies and white t-shirts come from. as long as your shit is clean, you can look 'good'. of course there is also the masculine peacocking and symbolism inherent in the wife beater as well.

as far as shit hanging all off their ass, i would think it comes not so much from the 'prison' look, but from to look as 'casual' and 'cool' as you possibly can. being 'cool' is the most important thing in the world, when it's all you have. walking around looking like some uppidy white guy is not 'cool' in the slightest. looking like you're always living a life of leisure is 'cool' however. i'm not discrediting the effect jail-house fashion might play, but i think its a bit more of a self-petuation product of the same people being in jail.

head to toe denim is simply black folks liking to match. anyone that knows anything about urban fashion knows about the importance of the 'hook up'. go into any urban shoe store, try on any pair of shoes, and ask the salesman if they 'have the hook up for these'. 100 to 1 odds say he'll point to a rack of t-shirts and hats in matching colors. i duno exactly what it is, but black folks gotta be coordinated. im sure it harkens back to the notion that if 'look good' that your life is good. why do you think that name-brand, overly priced clothes and jewelry have alway been so popular? why do black folks rock big ass jackets with nascar racing logos on them? you think oll boy watches nacar? you think he's real into 'tide', 'dupont' or 'cheerios'? hell no. it's just a big ass logo he can wear. incredibly counter productive if you ask me, but since you didn't, we'll leave it at that.

anyway, now that i've brought harvard to harlem, feel free to tell me i'm a stupid racist and i suck, so i can laugh at you for being a worthles uptight PC jackass ashamed of his own skin.

seeks/does this tec-9 go with these bunny slippers?

sounds good to me.

you gotta stay on me though, i'm lazy as fuck.

tomorrow is my last final, so hopefully after that i'll be able to get busy.

how long does it take to mail something down there?

dunno. it's been a while since i recieved international mail in australia. we've got a decent postal system, and i'm pretty sure you guys do too, so it shouldn't take more than a week or so.

*pulls whip out of the bottom drawer, testing to make sure it still works*

mail sent, awaiting reply

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

we've got a decent postal system, and i'm pretty sure you guys do too,

yeah, once we switched over from ponies to motor ve-hic-les, things spead up alot.

you guys stopped relying on kangaroos to carry the mail in their pouches right? i mean, it might have been convenient or whatever, but probably not that reliable.

Archived