Official Battle Thread

StarzAbove

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
You make a good point, but I cant cheer for a comeback of that style...Optick does that style well and I'm sure it doesn't hurt that he grew up around it....He has reason to be doing that style but I dont and neither do these kids.

I got a copy of subway art on my shelf but I'm not jockin that shit, all that is to me is a history book of NYC graffiti. And as awesome as that history book may be, it aint my BIBLE and I'm not tryin' to bring back a style from 25 years ago....Those styles are classic and shouldn't be replicated by beginners.

just my opinion.....And Freight I ain't hatin' on you, cause it looks like you got skill color wise but I personally think your letters need work.

CORRECTION;

THAT STYLE IS AN RTW,TOP,CIA,TKP,RIS,AOK STYLE....SIMPLY PUT, SUBWAY STYLE..

DONDI CIA (RIP) was mos def a strong influence on my style. but initially that style was rocked amongst those who are not seen nor mentioned. QUEENS WRITERS PUT ME ON TO WHATS STRONG.

AND THOSE LETTERS AND STYLES ARE TIMELESS.. YOU CAN NOT SAY THAT THAT STYLE IS 25 YEARS AGO.....

THEN YOU MIGHT AS WELL GET WITH THE TIMES AND BECOME A METROSEXUAL CROSSDRESSING HOMO JUST LIKE NOW IN TIMES SHOWN ON EMO TV AND SHIT....

MIGHT AS WELL SAY THERE IS NO JESUS AND GOD BECAUSE THE HISTORY WAS WRITTEN THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO...

THATS A TOTAL COP OUT ON SOME EASY SHIT YOU PROLLY TRYING TO GET AWAY WITH ...

THATS THE PROBLEM WITH NEWJACKS...

WHEN THEY SEE THE TRUE AND LIVING, THEY WILL TURN STATES AND TRY AND TALK SHIT ABOUT A STYLE WITH SUGAR ON TOP....

PLEASE NIGGAZ, NYC STYLE IS THE SUPREME STYLE OF ALL STYLES...

WEST COAST GOT IT FROM NYC THE WHOLE WORLD GOT IT FROM NYC.. DO YOUR FUCKIN HOME WORK INSTEAD OF THROWING FAVORITIST OPINIONS VS FACTS....

I GREW UP AMONGST THE WRITERS WHO ARE NOT MENTIONED IN YOUR HIS STORY BOOKS...

THAT STYLE IS JUST A CLASSIC NYC STYLE.

AND FOR THE RECORD, SUBWAY ART IS A BIBLE OF GRAFFITI ALONG WITH SPRAYCAN ART, AND WRITING FROM THE UNDERGROUND by PHASE2...

FUCK WHAT YALL HEARD.

I ENCOURAGE ALL WRITERS NYC WRITERS TO FOLLOW THIS STRONG GRAFF STORY OF THE ANCIENTS....

@ Frieght, nah kid. not getting into no mo battles for a minute. Just passing time at the JOB..

But you need to stick to simple shit mayne. I cee you getting on the elements sun.

But keep it simple. focus on ya lettering more then extentions.

as soon as you come up with the perfect out line, then you add on to it...

But you got a subway style going for you. Fuck what any one says in trying to validate ya steez. nah mean?

just keep it NYC and study...

Get with the Elders and mentor and learn...

I am still a student in this...

Once you get the letters down, then you will find a way to connect em, the you will cee how it all makes sence...

Chops, Tails, Stars and hearts and shit..

Peace sun. Do you.

CORRECTION;

DONDI CIA (RIP) was mos def a strong influence on my style. but initially that style was rocked amongst those who are not seen nor mentioned. QUEENS WRITERS PUT ME ON TO WHATS STRONG.

AND THOSE LETTERS AND STYLES ARE TIMELESS.. YOU CAN NOT SAY THAT THAT STYLE IS 25 YEARS AGO.....

THEN YOU MIGHT AS WELL GET WITH THE TIMES AND BECOME A METROSEXUAL CROSSDRESSING HOMO JUST LIKE NOW IN TIMES SHOWN ON EMO TV AND SHIT....

MIGHT AS WELL SAY THERE IS NO JESUS AND GOD BECAUSE THE HISTORY WAS WRITTEN THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO...

WHEN THEY SEE THE TRUE AND LIVING, THEY WILL TURN STATES AND TRY AND TALK SHIT ABOUT A STYLE WITH SUGAR ON TOP....

WEST COAST GOT IT FROM NYC THE WHOLE WORLD GOT IT FROM NYC.. DO YOUR FUCKIN HOME WORK INSTEAD OF THROWING FAVORITIST OPINIONS VS FACTS....

AND FOR THE RECORD, SUBWAY ART IS A BIBLE OF GRAFFITI ALONG WITH SPRAYCAN ART, AND WRITING FROM THE UNDERGROUND by PHASE2...

FUCK WHAT YALL HEARD.

I ENCOURAGE ALL WRITERS NYC WRITERS TO FOLLOW THIS STRONG GRAFF STORY OF THE ANCIENTS....

Well I grew up doing gang graffiti, it wasn't till a few years ago that I started trying to get into the artistic side of graffiti (something I've never mastered) and probably never will cause I dont practice drawing and really dont care about being a graffiti master.

Subway Art may be your bible but it isn't mine. And I agree that those letters and styles are timeless classics..But I'm not for cheap imitations and I will not co-sign kids trying to do that style. You took my 25 years ago comment out of context like I knew you would, I threw that in there to see if you would try and insult me. (which you did) :lol:

I'm not sure what a favoritist opinion is but I can assure you that I favor nothing and could care less where anyone is from.... When it comes to graffiti I like a lot of different shit from coast to coast, I dont play favorites though. The graffiti I came up doing was not New York influenced. Matter of fact it was around long before NYC writers picked up a can.

You can rant and rave all you want it was just my opinion and to be honest I dont care if you agree with it...I dont agree with alot of shit you say, but I can promise you one thing...Nothing typed over a computer will make me mad enough to hit the caps lock button and give someone a lecture over a messageboard.

That being said do you really want a bunch of kids trying to imitate such a classic style? A style you've obviously spent thousands of hours perfecting....Honestly?

personally, i'm tired of seeing that recycled nyc style over and over. if you weren't painting during nyc's heyday, you don't have an excuse to rock that style. i think it's a cop-out for most people, an easy excuse to avoid trying to progress.

get offended if you must.

Keep that personal opinion to ya self homie...

Progression is in the letters. You new jacks who started in this millinium dont know shit, and are influenced by some over rated ass piecers you niggas wish yall could fuck wiffff.

NYC STYLE IS SUPREME TO ALL STYLES. GET OFFENDED IF YOU MUST...

AND BICKER I WILL. FUCK THE PMs.

AND EDOGG, you got the same shit all the time.. ya style has been played out between throw ups and straight letters..

have fum winning with ya fan club..

very over rated and very out of date. just regular shit.

learn to wildstyle and then talk shit... all of you!:rolleyes:

CORRECTION;

FUCK WHAT YALL HEARD.

cool. your a graffing confusious.

now get at me with that outline dawg! just a black and white simple. ill hit you back with one.

-enigma

EDOGGS ODOR looks like >>>> .D.R makes me want to crack up laffffing!

holy shit bro r u pissed cause u cant do the same thing..??

Optik dont play urself all progression is good, u just dissing wat he did, every1 thought it was great xept u..

oh and 1 other thing wildstyle as u call it may be ur god, but there r lots of other ways to express graffiti and put it on da dam wall, never stay fixed to only one style or they will become like optik ;) laughs yo chill no beef with ya, but u puttingevery1 down, damn homie learn to give constructive crit..