apparently some of you aren't listening...

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raven -

Would you be willing to set up a c2it account specifically for 12oz-oriented donations? I'm sure that a number of members would be willing to toss a few dollars your way as a way of saying thanks. It might not amount to a lot, but it would likely help recoup some of the cost associated with running the site.

Just an idea.

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by mr.yuck

I dont think this site was ever a democracy. I dont think it ever should be. You have set the rules and you(mods) should execute whom ever you see fit. Fuck cry babies.

agreed

wholeheartedly

but people dont always see it that way. no, its not a democracy, but we arent trying to play favorites or make it seem elitest. we are trying to provide a forum for people to explore graffiti, push it, build, link up, see other points of view, etc. like seeks said, its such a thin line, but we are definately aware that some things need to change, and we are exploring options. its good to hear all the feedback though.

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

Raven -

Would you be willing to set up a c2it account specifically for 12oz-oriented donations? I'm sure that a number of members would be willing to toss a few dollars your way as a way of saying thanks. It might not amount to a lot, but it would likely help recoup some of the cost associated with running the site.

Just an idea.

I would be willing to.

Guest BROWNer

very thin line indeed...i'd have to say i'm not down

with trimming total moron threads...some have there

moments of complete feel good hilarity, although some

are just pure ballszludge.

plus, i gotta look out for #1:cool:

under these new rules i wouldn't be permitted

to post such classic threads as 'ballet shoes'...

Originally posted by Dusty Lipschitz

agreed

wholeheartedly

but people dont always see it that way. no, its not a democracy, but we arent trying to play favorites or make it seem elitest. we are trying to provide a forum for people to explore graffiti, push it, build, link up, see other points of view, etc. like seeks said, its such a thin line, but we are definately aware that some things need to change, and we are exploring options. its good to hear all the feedback though.

* edited for irrelevancy

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by BROWNer

very thin line indeed...i'd have to say i'm not down

with trimming total moron threads...some have there

moments of complete feel good hilarity, although some

are just pure ballszludge.

plus, i gotta look out for #1:cool:

under these new rules i wouldn't be permitted

to post such classic threads as 'ballet shoes'...

i think thats partt of the problem. sometimes those threads are goo/ok/serve a purpose. othertimes they are retards just fuckin waisting time and space. or kids trying to jack post counts. if the mods are gonna be more heavy handed, some of the "good" nothing posts will be closed, and some "bad" nothing posts might remain open.

same with banning nimwits.

anyone that says we (mods) dont have a sense of humor, and cant differentiate between 'worthwhile' bullshit, and 'worthless' bullshit is just lying to themselves. i mean, how many threads have i made just to say i love a particular misfits song? the difference is, threads like that always always spawn some kind of conversation that will never change the world, but gives people a chance to exchange something between eachother, even if its just finding out that so-and so also loves op ivy, or cherry slush puppies.

this site, and channel zero specificly, as gay as some might say it is, is a 'community' of people. those of us that have been here for years (over 3 years!) know ridiculous amounts of irrelivent shit about one another, but thats what makes it cool.

i dont want it to seem like 'cool kids' can start senseless topics, and others cant, because thats not exactly the case. when mammero makes a topic, those of us that 'know' him will look into it, because we know what to expect from him. that means he can make a topic that says nothing but 'beer', and it will inevidably turn into 3 pages of discussion about something. when someone new comes on the site, and no one 'knows' them, they can't really pull shit like this off. and it just so happens, that the majority of 'new' people that start threads like that, arent trying to start any kind of discussion, they're trully just wasting space. it all comes down to familiarity and intent. discerning the two, while not a science, is a pretty fail safe endever.

ok, im sorry thats so long, but i hope you get the point. we're not trying to stop people from having fun and we know that having fun, sometimes means talking about nothing. the difference is, there is nothing, that is really something, and nothing that is trully nothing. ya dig?

and as far as TT goes, trust me, if it was all up to me, i would be just as ruthless as he would, the problem is we cant be like. i 'was' that guy for the first year of my time moderating here, and trust me, it was a cluster fuck. it created waaaayyyy more problems than it fixed. of course there were people who loved it, but there were also plenty that did not, and in the end,

it's just not really fare to anyone. we're (mods) in kind of a fucked position, cause alot of us (myself, smart, beardo, dusty etc) all very active memebers, but we're also bound by a certain 'code' of indifference and fairness.

anyway, whatever, that was long winded as fuck. thanks to everyone participating in this whole discussion.

Thanks for all the words of support and offers to make donations. Though this does take a grip to maintain, I'm not asking for anything in return beyond respecting the place. Besides showing appreciation, it creates a better place for all of us to come spend our free time.

Beyond simple respect and appreciation, if you'd still like to donate, please take some time to check out the new online store - www.fourthehardway.com. If you see something you like, and feel it's a fair deal, buy it. Every purchase made is another step towards helping us pay the bills, as well as go towards helping with other projects like theVapors.com and 12ozProphet Magazine. In the end, you'll get something you wanted anyways (plus a bunch of free stuff), and help us keep things going.

Thanks again.

Seeking..

I never even looked at it like that..altho i'm a new guy reading how you and "the select few" get along is really touching(sorry to make ya'll sound gay) I don't think its bad to let your friends slide..but if your going to let one slide your going to get alot of shit for it when you warn or ban another guy for the same thing..ither way doesn't bother me..ROCK ON WIT YA'LL BAD SELVES.

-Noum

i agree with alot u last said Seeking. When i first came on this board i was really low key. I didnt make a thread for a while actually i think, but now ive slowly worked my way up the board and feel i have respect from others that are on here, as i respect them. As you said its about 'knowing' the person. i totally agree with you.

Misteraven, id love to help out with some $$$ and plus get something that i want anyways (plus the free goods:king: ), though FourTheHardWay doesnt ship out to Aus :( , hopefully it will soon!!

i'm not saying we will let our 'friends' slide, what im saying is it's a different situation.

when i start a seemingly 'useless' thread, i know that 9 times out of 10 it will take on a life of its own, and spark some kind of conversation. not to mention the fact that i only do shit like that once in a great while. anyway, the point was simply that we're not on any fucking mission to TRY and close things down, or ban people. what we're trying to do is keep the board flowing smoothly, and keeping the bulk of the people happy. when one or two people start doing shit that get's in the way of everyone else, thats when it's a problem. if someone bumped every single thread made in the last two days, just to say 'word' it's bullshit. if someone bumps every thread and actually contributes something worthwhile, or hell, even just on fucking topic, to every thread, it's a different story. ya dig?

really, this isnt brain surgery. just dont do shit that annoys everyone, and everyone will be happy, ya know. it's common sense....

although helping by contributing funds to this project is a nobel gesture i dont think it would work out because eventually you would have people trippin off shit like "Well i donated 'X' Dollars to the project...What have you done?" or "Why are you wasting my money with your bullshit." IOthink that raven is a hella good sport for all the bucks he's kickin out for the bullshit that has been going on here lately.

The one thing that pisses me off more than anything about this board is when someone posts a good toppic that has potential to become a good thread that is followed by 5 or 6 posts that say "too long" or "What?" or some other bullshit. From there the potentially good thread becomes a pissing sword fight for 3 pages which spills into other threads killing them too. The ignorance level here is like cancer. I'm not even excluding myself from any of this. I don't think i have contributed anything ground breaking since i came back here. But i think that everyone needs to just take a deep breath and try to make some kind of concerted effort to make intelligent conversation here.

That'll be all.

Originally posted by seeking

when i start a seemingly 'useless' thread, i know that 9 times out of 10 it will take on a life of its own, and spark some kind of conversation.

mine would be like that if i wasn't known as "tease" :o

no matter what i say my threads normally turn to shit... no matter how cool/smart/intelligent the thread is...

fucking "tease" persona...

Originally posted by mr_president

mine would be like that if i wasn't known as "tease" :o

no matter what i say my threads normally turn to shit... no matter how cool/smart/intelligent the thread is...

fucking "tease" persona...

I don't think Channel zero would be the same without TEASE and MAKROS..but what do i know i'm the new kid..lol

dude, so change people's perception of you

over the years, we have given you more than enough advice, guidance and chances. if you want to change, and be more accpeted, you could. you're not a dumb guy, you just kind of dont know how to act. you just have to be persistent and make people love you, and to do that, you kind of have to play their game. trust me on this one man, i know it more than i know anything. i've had to work so fucking hard to dig myself out of the hole i dug, my frist year here. not only on the board, but in painting as well. now, i can honestly say that the majority of stuff i paint is quality enough, that even people who fronted on me before, will have to admit 'that's seekings new stuff? dude isnt that bad anymore'. im telling you, its a fucking pain in the neck, but it's also a very motivating thing. work with it, you'll be surprised how quickly people come around, and forget the past if you dont keep reminding them.

Originally posted by seeking

dude, so change people's perception of you

over the years, we have given you more than enough advice, guidance and chances. if you want to change, and be more accpeted, you could. you're not a dumb guy, you just kind of dont know how to act. you just have to be persistent and make people love you, and to do that, you kind of have to play their game. trust me on this one man, i know it more than i know anything. i've had to work so fucking hard to dig myself out of the hole i dug, my frist year here. not only on the board, but in painting as well. now, i can honestly say that the majority of stuff i paint is quality enough, that even people who fronted on me before, will have to admit 'that's seekings new stuff? dude isnt that bad anymore'. im telling you, its a fucking pain in the neck, but it's also a very motivating thing. work with it, you'll be surprised how quickly people come around, and forget the past if you dont keep reminding them.

word man i hear you, and seriously, im tired of being known as tease...

the problem is some people just cant let go. i admit i fucked up the first few years i was here, and im trying to correct all that.

but its not easy everytime you say some shit and 10 or more people single you out and bash you for no reason besides its the cool thing to do.

im trying to make an effort to change and like i said im tired of being "tease". it would be nice if people quit posting old jokes that arent even true, atleast not how people think and making images of my face... shits just played out...

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by mr.yuck

The one thing that pisses me off more than anything about this board is when someone posts a good toppic that has potential to become a good thread that is followed by 5 or 6 posts that say "too long" or "What?" or some other bullshit. From there the potentially good thread becomes a pissing sword fight for 3 pages which spills into other threads killing them too. The ignorance level here is like cancer. I'm not even excluding myself from any of this. I don't think i have contributed anything ground breaking since i came back here. But i think that everyone needs to just take a deep breath and try to make some kind of concerted effort to make intelligent conversation here.

That'll be all.

i agree

so what should the crew do? edit out the posts that dont "add" anything intelligent to the discussion? does that scream "censorship"? i dont know. its not a rhetorical question, i am asking all of you...

Archived