Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ski Mask

Music and Modern Media - cbc radio 3

with all those projects the CBC funds, I knew they'd get it right sooner or later. Go check out the webmag they have going at http://www.cbcradio3.ca its fucking awesome. ass kicking photography, and lots of content. I poked through about a dozen issues and they have articles/interviews with: Beck, Buck65, DOA, Sonic Youth, The Herbalizer, Hot Hot Heat, Division Of Laura Lee, Manitoba, and the White Stripes. Most of them have about 4 or 5 live tracks from a recent performance.

Well designed. good content. dont sleep.

Guest BROWNer

i'm not so into most of those bands,

but good score nonetheless.

cbc is some good shit overall.

ese..if you haven't heard it yet,

check cbc radio for brave new

waves..usually on at midnight..top

drawer shat.

Guest Pilau Hands

damn...that SHORE one is now my desktop.

beautiful

cbc has always been pretty dope none the less.

they seem to be branching away from the 50 year old british guy who moved to canada thing. and into some really good broadcasting.

can't front on the cbc. they just usually don't manage to hit the mark when it comes to "new media" or youth oriented stuff. but they do hit it from time to time, and its usually really good. like Street Cents for example, or this. thats all. I only just found out about this the other day, cause one of my classmates had her photos from lebanon put together into a feature in one of the recent issues.

Flashback: In 1998 I was the subject of a one hour talkback on Radio 1. Good shit. Still have the tape somewhere. CBC radio overnight was also a favorite. loved hearing news programs from public radio in france or the netherlands.

Guest BROWNer

about what?

can't forget the politico steez.

if ya don't know, ya better listen..

Sweet site. The only thing I'm confused about is what CBC actually is. Radio station? Online Magazine? Print Magazine? Canadian Broadcast Company? Fill me in here.

Originally posted by BROWNer

about what?

can't forget the politico steez.

if ya don't know, ya better listen..

it was about the "politico steez" actually. An incident involving me and 7 other folks kind of hijacking one of mr. chretiens well crafted PR events. it was my 15 minutes so to speak. we embarassed the hell out of his security detail. I could have fully stabbed him in the neck before they were anywhere even close to getting to us. I think a few people got demoted over that one. The fallout a week after was even more bizzare. The provincial education minister was quoted in the paper as saying it reminded her of the RFK assasination as she watched it.

CAPiTA: CBC is many things. its basically like the BBC. They have a TV sation, 2 radio stations, and fund lots of arts initiatives for both . Radio3 is the on-line presence thats supposed to be an extension of the radio side of CBC.

Originally posted by ese

CAPiTA: CBC is many things. its basically like the BBC. They have a TV sation, 2 radio stations, and fund lots of arts initiatives for both . Radio3 is the on-line presence thats supposed to be an extension of the radio side of CBC.

Thanks ese. I hung out at that site for so long. Very, very cool.

OK. BIG MOTHERFUCKING BUMP. check the site out. look at the article "HEADS" its a bunch of fucking rad drawings of canadian bangers. top notch shit. drop everything and go check it out

Guest BROWNer

hahaha, yes.

they had a thing on human five too.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this