The Babble

Al Green

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of that sketch black book being shared between a few artist, I gotta try that some day.

I came across a book yesterday, titled Destiny painting by Kent Williams.

If you have never heard of him, check out the work. Briliant!

williams-flag.jpg

wolverine04.jpg

more here:

http://www.spearedpeanut.com/kentwilliams/...ings/index.html

Also Williams learned from Pratt University .......So I checked out some George Pratt art too... It's cool how you can see influences through mentors and students and how that continues through every artist everywhere.

Netsuke-03-10-02.jpg

Batman-hBRD-20.jpg

Geisha4.jpg

pratt2.GIF

Mack's done quite a few of Daredevil series's. He did that series with echo, and one with the kid who's dad was a villian. Then once they got brian michal bendis and alex maalev on daredevil, theve been switching off every six months or so.

BM Bendis' issues read really well and he will do two a month so thats the shit too.

All around Daredevils a good read.

Plus did you know he got married? And every one knows that matt murdock is daredevil!?! I dont know if anyone cares, but thats some messed up stuff.

"A few years ago, I opened the newspaper to find a story on the resurrection of a beloved graphic icon. It seems a group of railroad fanatics had come together to restore 16 locomotives to bear the black-and-red paint scheme of the long-defunct New Haven Railroad. And they were successful: today the trains are running in and out of Grand Central Terminal, bearing the striking logo that looks as good now as it did when it was retired in 1968."

-quoted from a design blog

anyways here's one of the corresponding links.. the other one i couldnt access without a nytimes account.. and im lazy.

http://www.gis.net/~fm/mcginnis_graphics.htm