Is chilvalry dead?

SukiSukiNow

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by nomadawhat

chivalry (spell check girl!!) is not dead, but surly dying with most people. i think i am **chivalrous** on a daily basis without too much thought about it, holding the doors open, holding our evil elevators doors at work(they're ruthless), helping others carry things or at least offering. it doesn't matter what someone looks like or how old they are. the only time that may matter is if i am sitting on a crowded bus, i may not offer my seat to a younger lady or girl. i even offered my elderly neighbor a ride today when i saw her walking down the street. probably best she refused because my car stalled shortly afterwards....

do you notice this more now in socal? people seem much more disconnected with personal interaction out here, even things that seem to be just common courtesy.

well i guess this is one thing that gives good meaning to the phrase, "i'ma get midieval on that ass!!"

That wasn't very "chivalrous" of you to correct me like that.

"haha .....damn i did check to,..knowing i would be called out for anything...and it was..,.ahhh fuck it.....its been that kind of day!"

Oh and it's too not to. Oooooohhhh!!!!!

People in SoCa are lacking politeness in a very bad way.

Guest KING OF HELL

i try etreeeeemly hard to remain chivallrous. i love it. im not trying to be patronising. nor condescending, but i love it. i have some work to o though... but im getting there.

when i was a lil kid my dad would slap me in the back of the head if i tried to walk in front of my mom or sister or anyone for that matter if he was holding the door open for them....so i habitually hold it open for pretty much anyone....even people i dont like in case i want to punch them in the back of the head as they walk through....

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

Originally posted by SukiSukiNow

I hold the door open for people, men, women, whoever. I call it being polite and I'm not after pussy!!!!!!!!

Im the same way. Im just a polite person.

Guest sneak

i never said i did it to get pussy, i just think that if a woman sees you being polite etc, then shes gonna think more highy of you than someone who doesnt ...

this is weird because i just went for a ride in my car and when i opened the door for this chick i said "see... chivalry is NOT dead". then i check this site and there's a whole post dedicated to it... wow.

:lick:

Originally posted by Kilo7-

anyways.... guys.... here's a tip.

If you're sitting down somewhere with a girl,

hold her chair. Even if you just put your hand on the back of it,

it DOES make a difference. It says that you care about her safety

and you are willing to go out of your way to do the right thing.

No need to overdo it, just send out the message that you know how

to meet parents, attend formal functions and can be trusted not to

tag up her place of business. Dont shoot yourself in the foot.

should you really "prove" yourself? i mean, if you're like that, you should do it w/ out even thinking about it. but if you're interested in a chick, you shouldnt feel the need to prove yourself to her, if she's not interested, it wasn't meant to be.

however, this only applies to girls you're actually interested in besides their stankbox

Re: Is chivalry dead?

Do you hold the door open for strangers? Do you offer your seat in a public place to women? If you are going out the door and some girl is walking in, do you hold the door open and let her come in first? Do you only do that if it's a girl and only if she's good looking? I'm just curious.

I practice good etiquette and politeness everywhere I go,except for 12oz.

I don't really believe in karma cause I'm not a fucking hippy

Re: Is chivalry dead?

Do you hold the door open for strangers? Do you offer your seat in a public place to women? If you are going out the door and some girl is walking in, do you hold the door open and let her come in first? Do you only do that if it's a girl and only if she's good looking? I'm just curious.

I do all that stuff, all the time, not just for hot chicks, for everybody. (however, hot chicks might get extra special attention). It's not a conscious thing, i've just had good manners drummed into me from an early age.

Re: Re: Is chivalry dead?

Originally posted by Evil Dee

I do all that stuff, all the time, not just for hot chicks, for everybody. (however, hot chicks might get extra special attention). It's not a conscious thing, i've just had good manners drummed into me from an early age.

Exactly.

Archived