MODEL TRAINS

FLESHEATER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
pm me hoss, i may be interested.

bachmann n scale track here too- let's negotiate something.

Transformers too.

No DCC though, i ran with analog....

Wish I hadn't packed up all my N a while back. fuckin college. i had a nice con-cor autorack train... (not for sale, BTW... sorry!)

played around with 'em the other day. no layout of course, just flextrack.

100_3145.jpg

more flicks maybe tomorrow.

also i'm gonna print decals of pieces and slip 'em onto my autoracks. it's time! should be fun. actually MR ran an article a while ago about "painting" trains with decals. it's worth looking into for some of you. the catch is the train car has to have a virtually perfectly flat surface.

• Like 1

who fucks with the atheann models here? i grabbed a couple the other day and started doing some to scale shits on them and its fun as hell.

but how do some of you do shit on these? i've been using a wide piece of masking tape and taping the whole train, then drawing out the sketch in pencil and cutting it out with a razor then using spray paint to fill what i just cut. then using a fine tipped sharpie to outline, and normal sharpies to outline some things and do little touches in the fill. its a process taping and cutting out each part i paint cause i've been doing 2 color fills and then using the same tech. to do the clouds around it and shit buts its still pretty fun,

but how have some of you done them? markers? similar techniques that im talking about?

Interesting tech, might try this. Got any pictures of finished work or a step by step would be awesome

Interesting tech, might try this. Got any pictures of finished work or a step by step would be awesome

thats how i did the weber. i did the piece really small on masking tape, cut it out with a razor then taped it onto the car. then i used an airbrush to do the fill, get them fades and such. outline with sharpies and paint markers. the step by step w/ photos is on the GWRXR board.