The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Peanut, those are great.

They're very textured.

Digital or Print?

Originally posted by -Rage-+Jun 3 2005, 08:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-Rage- - Jun 3 2005, 08:59 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>p162.jpg

[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-jbrshmonster@Jun 6 2005, 05:54 PM

17877528_b7f4de7905_o.jpg

Haha, kind of hard to be unique when we're all photographing the same things.

About Shooting at ESP>>

ESP exclusively has my school do all their photo work so we get to go for free. Each November there is the annual trip there to just run a muck and take photos. I went for the first time in November(Save Terror Behind the Walls a few times...) I was really excited about it. The Chair both Jbrsh and Rage shot was the first thing I shot. Later in the day as I walked by it again there were literally five kids shoving to get in there to shoot. My school has been doing this for years and seeing other people's work is really disenchanting, there is only so much you can do that hasn't been done before. Last time I went I shot a good 8 rolls of film, most of them being bizarre macro shots of various textures just to submit something different.

The second time around I only wanted to use my viewcamera, which I pretty much did, but I still got your average shots. I've kinda lost a lot of interest in photographing the place(Its a shame, I was hired to be an assistant for a shoot there june 24th, blah.) But yeah, its realllyyyyyyy fun the first time around if you don't go to my school.

I'll go back again but probably to take the audio tour or if someone pays for me to go to Terror Behind the Walls.

Originally posted by jbrshmonster@Jun 6 2005, 01:43 PM

17842883_c8b3d09eb3_o.jpg

fuck yes. what are the specs on that?

and those little cats are creepy.

regarding ESP.... I've been wanting to go for years now but never made it down for whatever reason. Shooting there seems like it would be crazy fun but I can totally see what you mean about it getting played out. Jesus, if I have to see one more picture of the Bethlehem Steel blast furnaces up here... fuck.

But for some reason I've started to love shooting the shit that's just been totally overdone... all the places that EVERYONE shoots. I think it forces me to work to find a really good shot that hasn't been done. It's like the polar opposite of the sentimental "I found this secluded place that no one knows about" shots you see all over the online galleries like flikr or whatever. I mean, the novelty is gone so you don't have to worry about that factoring into the image, if that makes sense.

yeah, 667, around a second, hand held... and a little level adjustment in ps..

i dont know why i even brought my tripod. im so lazy.

as for shooting the same place, i liked how we were all confined to the same spot and then you get to see how other people see the same place.. although im sure we have at least 5 or 6 of the same exact thing..

also those are nice peanut..

I agree with jbrsh.

It was interesting to see the three of us in the same place and we still came up with our own style.

I'm still wanting to see what MisP came up with at this trip.

I also still have 2 rolls of 120mm film to get developed.

Thanks for the praise BROWNs

reposted from ch.zerone

backstory
^ remember that?
Well it's about time for a SUM<span style='color:gold'>M</span>ER one!
summer_card.jpg

Let me recap:
You take 8 pictures that best sum up A Day In Your Life
Got that? Nothing too taxing. Plus there's a whole month to take pics.
No excuses, this is mandatory fun!

when: post them up on ..... JULY 01 if it's a bit late, like after July 4th...that's cool too.
who: you.... who else?
where: here? where else?
why:.... I'm tired of the 4W's.

Originally posted by <KEY3>@Jun 8 2005, 11:11 PM

reposted from ch.zerone

backstory
^ remember that?
Well it's about time for a SUM<span style='color:gold'>M</span>ER one!
summer_card.jpg

Let me recap:
You take 8 pictures that best sum up A Day In Your Life
Got that? Nothing too taxing. Plus there's a whole month to take pics.
No excuses, this is mandatory fun!

when: post them up on ..... JULY 01 if it's a bit late, like after July 4th...that's cool too.
who: you.... who else?
where: here? where else?
why:.... I'm tired of the 4W's.

Reposting on the new page.

i've become a huge fan of the neopan films. The Neopan 100 is a beautiful film, it's literally grainless.

Your photos came out nicely, i like the first set better. I know you're a fan of contrast, i am too, but in a couple of those i think you over did it. The one of the guy in the suit sitting on the hay as hardly any tonality.

I was all up on the neopan for a while too... it was literally the only b&w i'd shoot. shit's expensive though and i've found i can get the same (and in some cases better) tonal range with good old tri-x 200. as for the grain, yeah, fuji films are notoriously smooth, but the chances that i'll blow anything up bigger than (maybe) 11x14 are slim.

I think HotPanties has a point with the contranst comment... midtones are, i;m learning, pretty damn important 90% of the time. the new issue of Popular Photo has a nice little article on photoshop tricks (god forbid) that totally helped me get into the grays... i'll see if i can find it.

i was a strictly Ilford man, i only shot with HP5, FP4, and Delta 3200 then on an off chance i picked up some neopan 100 at my school store because it was like a dollar less than Ilford and I've been hooked ever since.

since probably january i've only shot medium and large format so i tend to blow things up to 20x24(partially why i don't post photos often, most of the time they don't fit in the scanner and i am too lazy to stitch them together).

I'm starting to get into Tmax 100. Tmax film in Tmax developer is the sex.