The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

Looks very nice. Did you use a website to make it or do it all yourself? I've always been intrigued by making a short book or zine, but whenever I looked, sites all seemed either crazy expensive or shit quality.

Also, forgot to mention in my last post that my X100 arrived yesterday. Those 4 up there were the first few test drive, around the house shots since it was rainy as fuck. And now, once again, rainy today. Should have some more this weekend though, then headed to New Orleans next week friday. Psyched to not have to lug a fucking dslr.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Looks very nice. Did you use a website to make it or do it all yourself? I've always been intrigued by making a short book or zine, but whenever I looked, sites all seemed either crazy expensive or shit quality.

Thanks! I had them printed at a place here in Greensboro called The Printery. I just sent them the layout in an InDesign file and they printed and assembled them. Then me and a friend letterpressed all the bands and I scored and glued them all. It's been a fun project.

First actual walk around with the X100. Disc golf with FatherChupacabra and a good friend of mine. Still just getting the hang of the camera, but the files it produces are amazing.

I'm also curious, are my photos always dark for people? I edit on a macbook with the screen on full brightness, and recently was thinking that most people probably aren't rocking their screen this bright. As a result, my shit might always look mediocre as fuck for others compared to how it looks on my screen (or it might just be mediocre as fuck, but thats a whole 'nother story).

7277620270_5810525631_b.jpg

7277620356_569fd07762_b.jpg

7277620510_302ec538ef_b.jpg

7277620596_4639586c4a_b.jpg

7277620678_15cc57a970_b.jpg

7277620812_811407e537_b.jpg

7277621014_b7f3eaa722_b.jpg

7277643398_728f83178d_b.jpg

7277643460_e07b615b79_b.jpg

7277621362_7944dfc272_b.jpg

Sorry about the size (no i'm not).

• Like 1

Awesome! i might be coming to Chicago for a few days this summer maybe i'll check that out.

I was thinking of buying a flash for my nikon

is the sb-400 worth getting? it doesn't seem like it has many options or should i just save up and get the sb-700?

7338307108_c54d6351b2_b.jpg

First one from New Orleans. Haven't had a chance to really edit, so I'll probably go back and touch this one up when I go through all the rest. I'm still struggling a bit with street photography of people since it's not something I've ever really done, especially with a short lens (35mm equivalent).

Edit: I'm also terrible at editing to black and white. I sit there for like 10 minutes debating if I like color more or not. Then i second guess. Then I third guess. Then I edit and think I like it. Go back 5 minutes later and get bummed out and re-edit. Think I like it. Come back a few minutes later and second guess myself. Do some more minor adjustments. Repeat.

Edit: I'm also terrible at editing to black and white. I sit there for like 10 minutes debating if I like color more or not. Then i second guess. Then I third guess. Then I edit and think I like it. Go back 5 minutes later and get bummed out and re-edit. Think I like it. Come back a few minutes later and second guess myself. Do some more minor adjustments. Repeat.

join the club

The ridiculous thing is I generally don't fuck with much besides basic adjustments. Might touch up the exposure a bit, contrast, highlights, shadows, whites and blacks in Lightroom. But if I let myself, I could keep coming back to a photo and making the tiniest little changes forever on some, "well, the blacks look better at -4 than -12...no, wait...-7...no, wait....-17. Yeah, that's it...no, wait..."

We're all our own worst critics. Probably why I've given away every single decent print I made from back when I had access to a darkroom for 2 or 3 years and am left with nothing but botched prints and test strips. No lie.