The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

got booked for my first wedding a little while ago. anyone done one of these and have some advice? i'm kinda nervous and kinda excited.

First and foremost don't do it for free!!!!!!

Hire and assistant. Rent a 70-200 and a 24-70 as well as a flash. Practice shooting with a gary fong diffuser and buy one. Shoot raw. Shoot lots.

• Like 1

Do!!

Take water, Snacks, and gum. (For yourself)

Take off camera flash with (Pocket wizards or any other remote triggers)

also have a light stand with a multiclamp

Fast lens! 2.8 i would recommend 24-70mm - 70-200, if you can get your hands on one of those your golden!

scout locations too see the best view of bride and groom.

Shoot your ass off (remember to have a handy supply of memory cards 8gb so that way you don't lose all your photos in case memory cards get corrupted.

Shoot the small details wedding favors, rings, people hugging/shaking hands, and shit like that.

Ask for a list of the shots that they ABSOLUETLY NEED TO HAVE (husband wife family, grandparents)

DONT MISS THE FIRST KISS, RINGS, FIRST DANCE, BOUQUET/GARTER TOSS!!!

this is just basic shit if you have any specific questions feel free to hit me up

Thanks for the advice guys. Props when I can. I've got the lenses covered but my 70-300 is a f4 so I might rent a second telephoto. My wife and I are shooting the wedding and definitely getting paid. As far as lighting goes, do you have any recommendations for a lighting kit? The venue is a bit dark and the wedding is later in the day in October so natural light will not be too available. The memory card tip is awesome. I was just gonna bring a couple 32gbs.

Thanks for the advice guys. Props when I can. I've got the lenses covered but my 70-300 is a f4 so I might rent a second telephoto. My wife and I are shooting the wedding and definitely getting paid. As far as lighting goes, do you have any recommendations for a lighting kit? The venue is a bit dark and the wedding is later in the day in October so natural light will not be too available. The memory card tip is awesome. I was just gonna bring a couple 32gbs.

get 2.8's and some primes for the low light. I would stick with 580's or 910's with a gary fong light sphere. I like to run and gun as opposed to set up stands.

I'm shooting a wedding Saturday, get to shoot with a 5d MK III. It'll be the second time I've shot with the camera, it see's in the dark. Crazy.