The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
hmm...technical. ok.

image>adjust>hue/saturation

slide the lever to the right to over saturate, left to undersaturate.

you can also just change the saturation of specific colors.

you'll also want to mess with contrast and curves, both of which are found in the image>adjustments> section.

shimsaturatecopy.jpg

Just played with it on a few photos. Not trying to steal decaying's technique, just interested in how it works. The only problem i find is that whenever i saturate it the photo as a whole becomes intensely more yellow, rather than, in decayings shots, some parts are more saturated and others remain darker or lighter. I guess it's just a case of fiddling with it till you get the right mix..

edit: one more i found from a few weeks ago, instead of making a new post.

dublincastlesaturate.jpg

castro,

for one, your white balance is off in that one. you should probably have it set for indoor/flourescent light. also, decay's pictures were comprised of very different subject matter than the one you're tryingto mess with. his were very spares and mostly white, yours was filled with tons of diffeent objects and colors.

castro,

for one, your white balance is off in that one. you should probably have it set for indoor/flourescent light. also, decay's pictures were comprised of very different subject matter than the one you're tryingto mess with. his were very spares and mostly white, yours was filled with tons of diffeent objects and colors.

good point.

How do I set the white balance for indoor/flourescent light then?

it's a nikon d50.

cheers seeking!

nice to have some constructive criticism without the standard 120z patronising and sad elitism i'm used to on here.

edit: just found the white balance. It was on auto, but it's got fluorescant, natural light, flash etc settings. I'm going to play around with it.

that globe-y thing in the last picture looks awesome.

a couple from around town.

more coming from today but i'm too tired to go through them right now.

this was from some cool little farm i found today.

759252961_42f7bfb9d6.jpg

759252939_2e35c8af17.jpg

759252947_6f2e281112.jpg

759252957_a055859cdc.jpg

NYC has alot of them No Photo Signs near bridges and tunnels.

Here is somwhere cameras are usually taboo.

In the NY Stock exchange there is a closet by the traders entrance with a false back.

If you climb in you can go up 3 stories behind the walls inside hidden passages.

43NewYorkStockExchangeDustyCut.jpg