The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

Originally posted by coffeedependency@Apr 25 2005, 04:59 AM

excellent post, man. the strays on the mopeds is killer.

do you know what the deal is with the pentagrams?

yeah those are some ruged street cats..

the stars in the street wow that is some crazy shit I have alot of photos of them.. they are just everywhere?? i don't know why, but maybe it's some kind of japanese urban subliminal magik or something??

DSC_9710.jpg

DSC_9687.jpg

DSC_9675.jpg

DSC_9671.jpg

DSC_9670.jpg

DSC_9669.jpg

DSC_9668.jpg

DSC_9662.jpg

DSC_9658.jpg

DSC_9631.jpg

DSC_9629.jpg

DSC_9628.jpg

DSC_9626.jpg

street magik

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by GnomeToys@Apr 25 2005, 02:35 PM

You might consider that being a non-christian based culture, those don't have the same silly meaning in Japan as they do here. They're just manholes.

i've always associated pentagrams with Pythagoras ... besides, i was kidding.

but why make such elaborate manholes, of varying design?

Some seriously hot shit and some stuff i'm not digging. But overall its awesome to see the thread thriving like this. I'm picking up a roll tomorrow, but i'm not sure if i'll have the time and patience to scan all of the negatives. I should have those up sometime soon though. Keep up the posting everyone.

i made the comment about slide film being expensive to me to process... or for my money and what i want out of my photos... i dont think i even paid 10 bucks the last time i had 35mm film processed... the only thing i dont like about slides that i like about prints or even digital photos is the sharing issue... its too much money for me to really only view in a dark room with a slide projector... for my use of photographs slides are all but useless... maybe for cataloging all the artwork jammed under all the beds in my house and overflowing my closet.. maybe for that.. but for everyday photographs no, not so much... last year (04) i took 3000 photos.. divided by 36 times 12 = wow... that includes brackets and snapshots... but still slides are not for me... sorry for the rant but i was scrolling around 120z for the first time in a week or so and found a post and yea...

wait it was a year and a half...

Anyone in Canada....If you happen to find any px625/px13/v625px/mr9 Mercury batteries and don't really need them, I'll be willing to pay you super money....I would love to get some in bulk but even 2 would be sweet....PM if you accept this mission...

Actually...ANYONE, ANYWHERE who has access to these batteries would be great. It'll totally be worth it.

pictures from inside my boy's house that now sits abandoned in the slum-iest of slums. oddities abound... it's like walking through a giant version of a homeless man's shopping cart. the walls are lined with speakers and amps, stacks of electronics tower over you in in every room. did someone say baby carriages? ... yes, yes we have baby carriages. at the end of the hall is the lamp room. have you ever seen a 6-foot tall lamp made of cork? the basement is devoted entirely to bicycles. you have never seen such an assortment of bikes in your life. if anyone needs a blue, sparkly low-rider bike with a sissy bar and a fuzzy leopard-print banana seat, a head-light, and a shifter nob (what the fuck? it's only one speed)... get in touch with me. plus, every corner you walk around, you're caught off guard by some shit like this --

DSCN0459.jpg

DSCN0473.jpg

DSCN0457.jpg

No problem, just trying to help out the folks like me who don't have monsterous monitors. I appreciate it. 600 by 450 or 800 by 600 (?) works well for everyone i do believe. Like i said, if you have an image you want people to see in high res, just link it up. I know i've done that before on some photos that had a lot of detail.