The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

YO 8ONUS

YOU THOUGHT OF AN IDEA FOR A PHOTOBATTLE YET?

IM DOWN...YOUR GONNA HAVE TO WAIT TILL ABOUT 1-2 WEEKS WHILE I GET A NEW COMP. BUT YER IF YOU'VE GOT ANY IDEAS FOR ONE TELL US. IM SURE LOTS OF PEOPLE WILL BE DOWN FOR ONE.

BY THE WAY NICE FLICKS YOU GOT THERE 8ONUS.

Originally posted by Cheggit@Apr 23 2005, 01:40 AM

YO 8ONUS

YOU THOUGHT OF AN IDEA FOR A PHOTOBATTLE YET?

IM DOWN...YOUR GONNA HAVE TO WAIT TILL ABOUT 1-2 WEEKS WHILE I GET A NEW COMP. BUT YER IF YOU'VE GOT ANY IDEAS FOR ONE TELL US. IM SURE LOTS OF PEOPLE WILL BE DOWN FOR ONE.

BY THE WAY NICE FLICKS YOU GOT THERE 8ONUS.

thank you

ok heres my idea, based off the battle thread from paper chase

PHOTOBATTLE

1.to begin a photo battle you may either throw out a challenge to a specific person, or to the entire thread, in which, any member may join in at any time, but no more than 5 competitors per battle.

2. battles may either follow a category, theme, camera/film type such as (but not limited to) Digitial, action shots, B&W film, poloroid...or may you simply throw out an "anything goes" challenge. you may even chose what you are going to photograph(ie: trains, bums, buildings)

3. when you throw out a challege you must set a due date, the first taker to the challenge may ask you to change the due date, but after the first two people in a battle have agreed upon a date it is in stone and people who join the battle afterwards must abide by it.

please keep in mind, not everyone uses digital, so if you are throwing out an "anything goes" challege and the due date is tomarrow, you are pretty much throwing out an all digital/poloroid battle. be resonable with your due dates.

4.in a battle you may set the citeria to have have each competitor enter a single shot, a related set(each image in the set has a simlar object, envirorment etc) or and unrelated set. i would say for times/bandwith sake there should be no more than 5 photos per competitor.

5. you also have the option of setting the judging type: this means that voters will be voting on a specific aspect of the photos(ie: contrast, composition, depth of feild etc etc etc). or you can just keep shit simple and ignore this option, choice is yours.

6. on the due date, after all participants have posted the thread shall vote, first person to recieve five votes wins. to vote you simply post the name of the battle and the persons name.

at the end of the voting PM me with the results, include the criteria of the battle, the participants names, and how many votes each person recieved, and every sunday i will post the weekly winners.

well. thats what i was thinking would work good...what yall think?

Sasebo, Japan 2005

by burns

DSC_9774.jpg

DSC_9769.jpg

DSC_9768.jpg

DSC_9767.jpg

DSC_9765.jpg

DSC_9762.jpg

DSC_9760.jpg

DSC_9757.jpg

DSC_9752.jpg

DSC_9751.jpg

DSC_9750.jpg

DSC_9748.jpg

(I think the photo battle is a great idea however, maybe you should start a new thread titled "photography battles" that way it doesn't drag all of the photos posted on here into the battle, they will be seperate images & could post on both threads if you wanted to?? just a thought..)

zombie:

i was already going to make a new thread once we get the details sorted out, as far as using pictures already posted...the point is that you can't use any photos you already have, they have to be tkaen FOR the battle, or maybe i am totally misunderstanding your question.

PS: those long exposur flicks are tight, like some digital tie-dye shit.

home time: word..how many you think then?

edit:

posted by JJC

DSC_0029.jpg

Bump for this hotness.