The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

that shot of the gulls was anything but easy too, i had to untie my shoe so that i could fling it at them with my foot, then run into the swarm of gulls and get shat on like crazy all before my shoe came back down into my shot...this took multiple atempts.

*edit

that sepia shot of the LA River is gorgous, i downloaded it a few days ago as my desktop, may possibly be asking for a print.

is that digital or film? it looks like theres burning done to the sky, i assume you can do that with digital too?

Originally posted by 8onus@Mar 27 2005, 06:12 PM

that shot of the gulls was anything but easy too, i had to untie my shoe so that i could fling it at them with my foot, then run into the swarm of gulls and get shat on like crazy all before my shoe came back down into my shot...this took multiple atempts.

*edit

that sepia shot of the LA River is gorgous, i downloaded it a few days ago as my desktop, may possibly be asking for a print.

is that digital or film? it looks like theres burning done to the sky, i assume you can do that with digital too?

Yeah, it's digital. I don't know what you mean by "burning" though. That's awesome that you might want to get it printed. It was taken in the summer of '03. If you want it in its original color let me know. peace.

ATTENTION : All Polaroid posters/users!

I have some cool news.

I'm on Polazone.com, and a few of us have decided to start our own Polaroid book.

Because there aren't enough people on that site, or who visit the forums,

we are looking for more Polaroid enthusiasts to have some work displayed in the book.

We're looking for integral pieces only though.

These are 600 film, 500 film, Mio film, Spectra Film and Time-Zero film.

If you're interested, send me what you think are your

two best/favorite integral works: angryalanweb@yahoo.com

Or better yet, set up your own portfolio on Polazone.com,

http://www.polazone.com/join.htm.

Thanks.

Also... Where is my PPA?

Hyrax, you done yet?

Originally posted by turnyourback@Mar 29 2005, 12:22 AM

IMG_4955.jpg

sorry about the poor quality. i had to take pictures of the pictures because i have no scanner.

turnyourback

i assume these where film,...

you can get 3200 film at almost any photo store, good brand is Tmax3200 by kodak, this allows you to take pictures in extreamly low lit situations such as yours. i have turned many a writers on to this and many of them tell me the dont even try to use thier digital for night shots anymore. it can be a bit grainy, but i love the shit. give it a try.

Originally posted by 8onus+Mar 29 2005, 06:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (8onus - Mar 29 2005, 06:18 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-turnyourback@Mar 29 2005, 12:22 AM

IMG_4955.jpg

sorry about the poor quality. i had to take pictures of the pictures because i have no scanner.

turnyourback

i assume these where film,...

you can get 3200 film at almost any photo store, good brand is Tmax3200 by kodak, this allows you to take pictures in extreamly low lit situations such as yours. i have turned many a writers on to this and many of them tell me the dont even try to use thier digital for night shots anymore. it can be a bit grainy, but i love the shit. give it a try.

[/b]

thanks a lot man. yeah, what i was saying was that the actual prints of those pictures came out better than what i posted, the quality was just compromised because i have no scanner. i'll definitely check it out though. thanks again

Originally posted by MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega@Mar 29 2005, 06:05 PM

AA:

is 54 film allowed?

No, sorry.

Just integral.. no peel apart films.

So.. take more with 600 film, etc!

Jerk.

Oh yea...

Sunday, June 5, 2005

PHILADELPHIA-TREVOSE

CAMERA SHOW(215)638-8300

RADISSON HOTEL-TREVOSE

2499 Old Lincoln Highway(Exit 351 old Exit 28),

I-276 Pa Tpke, to Rte 1 South, or I-95 North

to Exit 35 Woodhaven Road West to Rte 1, North, Trevose

for the Philadelphia Camera Show(Photorama USA)

60-6ft tables at $65ea Adm: $6/5

Open to Public Sun 10am-3pm

Web site: http:http://www.photorama.com

fr8lover, cool. You should post in the forum too, saying that you're interested in participating in the book.

jesus, i think i've taken the longest with this so far maybe...i can only apologize for my slowness so many times :o i could make a billion excuses but i'll just say i hope to be done within a week

ese, hit me up with your address: plus.medic [at] gmail [dot] com