dealing WitH annoying cutomers

A Fire Inside

cust: do you know the name of that song by that girl who's on the radio that sings that one song?

me: what song?

cust: I don't know the title but it goes like this . la di la di la hmmm..

me: do you know any of the words? Who's the artist?

cust: no. but it's by that really pretty popular singer on the radio & mtv.

me: no. why don't you listen or call the radio station & write the name of the artist & song title down. Once you do this, you can come back and we can help you then.

cust: Can't you just call the radio station for me?

me: no. I'm sorry, next.

I worked at a music store for many many years. This was the MOST ANNOYING question ever. If you're guilty of this, just jump into your bathtub while holding the radio that's plugged into the wall.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Here's one of my recent annoying encounters...

dick director: Can you give the picture a little more magenta.

me: well I can turn up the red a bit.

dick director: not red, magenta, I used to do colour corrections too you know.

me: then you should know that video is an RGB colour space, not CYMK, that's for print only.

assholes.

Guest willy.wonka

when i worked in vegas at arby's some guy wanted free fries.i said no and he started calling me bitch..he then tried to stab my face..i then went ot the back and grabbed a knife sharpener, hopped the counter and began to beat him back to the little bitch this "wanna be thug player" thought he was..no i didnt..i just hopped the counter and got in my ninja stance with a knife sharpener in my hand and told him "COME ON"! he started luaghing at my weapon, but realized what i could do with my weapon, he then bitched out.

Guest willy.wonka

everybody in the place was frozen and tripping out...like a robbery was in progress..i was polite to the next costumer and so was he.

back when I work fast food (like in grade 9),

there was this HUGE girl who would come in a gorge herself on fried chicken.

So I took a plate, wrote down my dorky co-worker's home phone number,

and put that plate under her plate. Then I started winking at her while

she was getting her food. She saw the number and got all happy.

so then we tell the guy that she's got his phone number and her freaks out.

He tries to go and clear he table and take the plates. No one clears tables,

but he's just dying to get his number back. We all laughed.

then the fat girl go her big brother to come in, we stopped laughing.

yeh i must agree.. fast food customers are the worst.. i live in a town where a bunch of coffee drinking old people come in and sit down and shoot the breeze and talk about their newest farm equipnment...

its funny... but i hate it when the 75 yr old hicks think they run the town come in and start convos like this

hick: senior coffee please

me: alright that will come to 37 cents.

hick** gets out his wallet full of a huge amount of ones.. digs in his change pouch and as hes about to hand me his 37c.. he goes wait.. isnt that too much

me: no, i beleive the coffee IS 37 cents.

hick: looking angry* are you sure.. hey boy! i said senior coffee im a senior citizen..

me: yes, a coffee is 65 cents, with senior discount it is 37 cents, it used to be 27, that was changed to 37.

hick:.... 27 still seems like too much... i'll pay the 37 this time only because i want coffee... but never again.. never

me: smile* ok. have a good day.

i act all nice all the time, and im good at it!... but its funny watching these fucks think they know. and besides where else can you get it for 37 cents and a smile. sheeeit didnt think so

so.. i work at a hollywood video. i can always tell which people are former blockbuster renters. we have basically the same set up as blockbuster (but they switched thier new release wall to dvd/vhs while we still have 2 seperate new release walls. ).. so blockbuster has that odd box in the back of the cover box that the movie is in. we have that same box.. but its a display box.. and the actual movie is located right in front of that box.. for some reason these people push past that plastic cases with the actual movie inside it.. and grab the empty box behind it.

there was a lady acouple months ago that would come in every week or so with late movies. her excuse every week was that her son died. now after acouple of her sons multiple deaths i told her that if she tries to use her son dying for the 10th time the next time i see her she will no longer be able to rent at my store. she hasnt been back since.

then there are the people who get all mad at me when i tell them they have late fees because they dropped thier movies off at a blockbuster or another hollywood video. i guess they dont understand that it is thier responsibility to return the videos to the right place. it isnt our responsibility to go hunting for your videos if they are late.. like i should have waisted my gas driving down to that store and back to get thier videos.

same with them returning the dvd cases with out the dvds inside. we cant rent the dvd out if there is no actual dvd. and that is taking away from our potential revenue.. so naturally you owe us for the extra time you had these videos. god damn sons a bitches.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars

there was a lady acouple months ago that would come in every week or so with late movies. her excuse every week was that her son died. now after acouple of her sons multiple deaths i told her that if she tries to use her son dying for the 10th time the next time i see her she will no longer be able to rent at my store. she hasnt been back since.

AAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahaha...

What a bitch!

in 45 minutes I will be a hell..err I mean work serving sandwiches to the moronic masses of kentucky. its really not worth the $7 an hour. The thing that absolutely bothers me other than people asking stupid questions about my piercings (my own fault) are the mother fuckers that stand over my shoulder directing my every motion while I make thier sandwish...then after I do everything they say that its not right and they want me to make another one....or the jackasses that make a special request on how done thier fries are...I got one and he said I want the fried done...bu not too done...Thats a good way to get smacked with a hot spatula....I hate my job too...

I get that shit all the time Zack...

"Oh my god! Your ears!" "Did that hurt?"

**I have 00g ears**

Some people are cool. I had an old lady that said "Oh, are you stretching your ears?"

I was like, "Ummm well yes I am.. Hehe." I was amazed that this little old lady new what stretching was.

Guest Dr. Drew

this morning i went to the hardware store to exchange some pipes i bought for my kitchen sink, and the two girls working behind the counter had some asshole customer on the phone. everytime they put the customer on hold, they'd bitch to each other about how much they hated the guy, and how stupid he was, right on front of me and the whole line behind me. i thought that was really unprofessional. i've worked several retail jobs, and i could relate to how much i hated asshole customers, but i've always held in any complaints in front of other customers. these girls were bitching and cursing really loudly in front of the whole store, i didn't care, but i'm sure there were some old people behind me that would probobly never return to that store.

the best and most effective way to deal with shitty customers, that i've learned, is that when they start yelling, just smile at them and be extra friendly, like super friendly in a sarcastic/condescending way--it pisses them off even more--and technically they can't complian to your boss just for being friendly to your customer. i'd get a good kick out of pissing some people off just for smiling. if they get you upset, you're sort of letting them get the best of you, and they don't deserve that.

Ok I work for an attorney and the most annoying thing ever is people who get pissed off that they have to pay to recieve legal advice. An attorney is like a doctor, you expect to get chraged when you go to the doctors why is it so hard to understand that an attorney is going to charge you as well.

Then you have the idiots who file bankruptcy. Their car is getting repo'ed but they wont cancel their premium cable services.

another one for the A/V nerds out there.

director: The picture looks like crap. My tapes dont look like this.

me: It's the compression. We're using an offline compression.

director: So that's why it looks so dark and under exposed.

me: no... compression doesn't really affect colour, just clairty. It is under exposed.

yeah... blame the equipment.

the absolute funniest shit was when i worked at a record store and the phone rings , i answer"hello blah blah blaah" customers like "do you know the name of that song , it goes blah blah" and im like " not sure , maybe if you sing it." as i press speaker phone and turn phone volume up and stereo down. customer (singing) "blaaaah bla blaaaaah" to fucking funny. also for that truely annoying customer who pays for a blank tape with their credit card. i hold it against the alarm deactivation magnet while they sign the reciept... real pain in the ass for them to use it later ...

Archived