Photoshop battle

eseLokE1uno

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imported_El Mamerro

Casek... I've always wondered something... I'm pretty handy with 3D modelers, I've used Alias, Lightwave, Maya, 3DSM, Form Z, etc... yet I have no idea how it is those "abstract" shapes (the ones you use and the kind of stuff you see in places like thehorusproject.com) are created. All I know is how to model real things, but these shapes are not real objects. I'm just wondering what the process is like, if you don't mind telling me.

And yeah, when Joker gets a hold of the technology, all hell's gonna break loose. Beer,

El Mamerro

http://newcamp.net/hector/sf3/SFcover.jpg'>

thanks for the compliments...Joker, did you get that package?

El Mamerro, dood, you've worked with some dope programs...that render is nice too...ok, here's the basic run down...if you need more infor, email me..my email is a page or two back...put some more of your stuff up, mang. i like it alot.

object, either geosphere or torus knot, pull out poly's, mesh smooth, add noice, fractal, iteration tweaks, a few more random tweak, sometimes some nurbs editing...pulling, pushing vertices (is that right??? plural of vertex?) and then on to material mapping...raytrace, anisotropic or whatever...then to photoshop for a little layering, you know the rest...

well, that's it... not really hardcore...if ou have maya, this ab/organic/biomorphic shite would look soooo fresh in it... all those shaders....damn...

Joker, you're right about someon painting this stuff, it would be just like when Daim started painting his 3d stuff...people would go nuts....you could add wireframes and all kinds of shit, like layering...but ...aww, man, i have some dope ideas, but i'm in no shape with 3d stuff (as far as painting) to go out and throw this stuff up on a wall...i need more confidence in myself....

anyway, i hope that brief instructional helped...10-4 over and out

just got a new plug in for 3dsm 5.01 splutterfish brazil...it's so nice...

http://thumbs.deviantart.com/300W-96A096/large/indyart/abstract/casek_version_II.jpg'>

this was a test, i know you guys have seen it before, but that was rendered with 3dsm's render engine...this is done with brazil's render engine and a new background was placed....i'm in love with this program

i was mostly using brazil as a raytrace rendering engine...anyway, i've been fooling around with the lighting side of it, but haven't figured it all out quite yet....3dsm's rendering engine kinda sucks, brazil is so much faster. what about mental ray? what do yuo think of that one?

Originally posted by casekonly

.......all 3d studio max and photoshop. definitely not the best with 3dsm, but hopefully i can compete...

hey id like to get some info/help from you if you dont mind on 3dsm, seems ike youve been gettin the hang of it quite well.

and hyrax thats some nice work too.

Originally posted by wiseguy

^that is nice it reminds me of scien.

Aye, have been watching to Scien alot a couple of years ago. Since then I've been trying to make my own style in digital graffiti.

But yeah.. I guess you can see I looked at Scien :)

Is that a bad thing? I don't think it's bad to watch and learn.

• 2 weeks later...

nah, man, it's all good. show us what you've done on photoshop or illustrator. we want to see. it doesn't matter if you don't think your stuff is good or you haven't mastered this program or that one...i hate my stuff, but others seem to like it, i don't have any shame, though. so i'm not afraid to post 'em...come on....show us new stuff....

Archived