Old Cans Of Paint, Serious Collectors

Slyle CMC

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And a few picked up this weekend. Brought along a trusty rusty fat with me to blow out the excess height cans pictured. Worked out nicely. Came with the comfort tips too. The Rust Curb is Terra Cotta (I should have spun the top around to show the label) and is a nice pigment. The Plasticote Stencil cans(grabbed about 6-8 of them) is a female can and is a nice black too. There's more of the excess height Rustos if anyone wanst to pay for shipping. They were $2.50 a can.

7.jpg

nice mini's... what other colors did they have for mini speedy drys? I got app wh, gold, silver and jet black...

Off the top of my head...

Jet Black

Antique Black

Appliance White

Snow White

Lime Green

Lavender Blue

Pimento Red

Buttercup Yellow

Ensign Blue

Silver

Gold

Clear

In 67 cans...

Dove Grey

Spring Green

I think that's all of them...

That Premium Decor stuff was pretty good. It seems like they rotated out colors pretty often. I had some older cans with a mostly white label in some great colors. Slate blue, a terracotta color, and a greyish tan (Pebble?). All covered well. Vista Green and English Rose were nice, too.

That Rusto chart with the Light Olive is a nice find. That color didn't last long. i can't remember the last time i saw Teal in a Stops Rust can, either.

That Premium Decor stuff was pretty good. It seems like they rotated out colors pretty often. I had some older cans with a mostly white label in some great colors. Slate blue, a terracotta color, and a greyish tan (Pebble?). All covered well. Vista Green and English Rose were nice, too.

That Rusto chart with the Light Olive is a nice find. That color didn't last long. i can't remember the last time i saw Teal in a Stops Rust can, either.

It's funny you mention the Light Olive. I've never seen it before and was pondering that fact last night.

I'll try but it's a tuff to find color. I have dug a lot of Krylon spots and it's harder and harder to find...

But if i find some, i'll keep them for you!

I can't remember but somebody asked me for Belton Deco Spray Apple Green, Sparvar Pink and Marabu Lila. Who was it? I've found Apple Green.

WANTED: KRYLON FLAT BALL OR BARCODES...

I will buy it in bulk. Theres alot of people on here who say they have paint for sale but when cash comes around they dont reply. If any of you have any krylon flat balls or barcodes let me know. Im tired of buying single cans.

WANTED: KRYLON FLAT BALL OR BARCODES...

I will buy it in bulk. Theres alot of people on here who say they have paint for sale but when cash comes around they dont reply. If any of you have any krylon flat balls or barcodes let me know. Im tired of buying single cans.

What colors are you looking for? I have almost a complete set of barcodes I will sell... email me and let me know ed@izthewiz.com

P1010673.jpg

I used to go to this shop in East Hartford, CT that had tons of Taupe and Coral with these stickers on the cap. The spot is long gone, but they had a good selection of old flatball, discontinued Krylons stacked up in cases on a pallet near the back. Light Peach, Slate Blue and Colonial Blue, as well.

Those French cans are really great looking, by the way.

Do you have any images of Strict Experience brand paint? I understand it was made in France, but recently went out of business.

I've become a collector of spray paint marketed towards graffiti. A lot of the brands seem to switch up labeling and/or go out of business. I think it's interesting.

Just came up on a couple pictures of stuff I'd love to find.

Some craziness from Shenzhen, China.

Graffiti_Spray_Paint.jpg

Apparently China has jumped on the trend.

Graffiti_Spray_Paint_JF.jpg

Graffiti-Art-Spray-Paint-AP7108-.jpg

Archived